Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

The Single Worst Ship for the Game?

88 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Members
1,629 posts

Note use of "for" in the title, not "in."

My vote goes to the Shimikaze.  Hey, why not buff it to 36 torps with a range of 50 Kms?  It wouldn't be that much more ridiculous.

Just thinking of the Shimi is enough to make a girl think about ragequitting again.

:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 12

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,922 battles

The range is an extra. The idea is to drop them as close as possible. Emerald you can pierce by looking at her. 

[-K-]
Members
5,477 posts
9,417 battles

You're telling me Shimakaze is worse than Belfast for the game?

[VFW]
Members
971 posts
21,738 battles

Blasto,

Do you even owned the Shimi?   Based on your post I assume not.   

Anyway, while the Shimi is a good DD with excellent stealth, very good speed, and good Alpha damage guns there are some vices.   The torps hit very hard but the detection on them is poor, rate of fire on the guns is meh, and it's easy to hit due to it's size.

Like any ship, in the hands of a good player it's frightful, but sometimes even with a good player, MM don't go it's way.

Anyway, worst ship(s) for the game are premium T9 and soon T10 ships (whether free XP or purchased).

vr,

• Cool 2

[TBW]
Members
6,607 posts
12,463 battles
Just now, TheGreatBlasto said:

Yesh with toast on top, to use LWM's line.

:cat_bubble:

That's "on Toast" not toast on top. Any ship I can't own, is bad for the game 235 ships and counting.

• Cool 2

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,922 battles

I don't think you understand my point. 

Nearly all IJN DD Torpedoes are easy to spot. You just gotta make so that there is no way to dodge them when they see them.

• Boring 1

[RST]
Members
174 posts
15,621 battles

I don't think you understand my point. 

Your point is definitely lacking any meaning. There are those that play the ship well and there are those that don't. There is also those that play well against the ship. Which is it?

[STW]
Members
660 posts
4,720 battles

I would say a Worcester, Belfast, and Asashio are all far more cancerous than a Shima.  

For everyone who seems to be confused, he is not talking about ships that are bad, he's talking about ships that are bad for the game.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,392 posts
19,455 battles

Not sure what your real definition is.

Does it mean thar you play the ship and you can get easy damage with it because its so OP or does it means "heay I have never played the ship and no idea how to counter it".

Members
3 posts
2,050 battles

All ships with Radar followed closely by all ships with Smoke.  Zero skill (or very little skill) very high reward. Yes I am opening that can of worms.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SDIWO]
Members
1,080 posts
5,751 battles
3 minutes ago, Deviathan said:

I would say a Worcester, Belfast, and Asashio are all far more cancerous than a Shima.  

For everyone who seems to be confused, he is not talking about ships that are bad, he's talking about ships that are bad for the game.

I'm pretty sure we all get that. We just don't think Shima is bad because if you let yourself get caught in a Shima torpedo soup that is on you. There are ways to avoid that. Getting caught in a Worcester firestorm is much harder to avoid, and much more frustrating to deal with. The toxicity of ships that can be behind an island making them near immune to counterfire and just pummel a ship is, in my opinion, a lot higher than a ship whose main damage dealing ability is easily countered by WASD hacks.

• Cool 1

[BROOK]
Members
1,629 posts
4 minutes ago, Deviathan said:

:cap_like:

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
109 posts
4,737 battles

Wow.. I can't agree.  I think the shim got hit pretty hard with the nurf hammer a while back and now it's pretty fair.  The radar additions to the game make it much harder to play as you're pretty much alwasy spotted.   

The hardest thing to deal with is all the folks screaming at you for not rushing into the cap (and dying). 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[BROOK]
Members
1,629 posts
4 minutes ago, Aiser50 said:

No, Karlsruhe and FDG take the cake.

Karlsruhe?  Really? The same Karlsruhe that lobs little kisses at you and never even scratches the paint?

:cap_haloween:

• Bad 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,968 posts
13,213 battles
15 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Just thinking of the Shimi

Meh...when I see a Shimi in the MM lineup, all I see is just another T10 DD to factor into how I play.  Well, to be fair, I do process its capabilities (as well as its limitations) and any ability to use them given the lineup.   But it has no more aura than any other T10 DD.  And depending on the map and MM, it could even be handicapped compared to others. 

• Cool 1

[STW]
Members
660 posts
4,720 battles
10 minutes ago, TexJapan said:

Anyway, worst ship(s) for the game are premium T9 and soon T10 ships (whether free XP or purchased)

I completely agree with this, I am not a big fan of T9 and T10 premiums, especially since I felt like the tiers were pretty well balanced overall without them.

2 minutes ago, LubzinNJ said:

I'm pretty sure we all get that. We just don't think Shima is bad because if you let yourself get caught in a Shima torpedo soup that is on you. There are ways to avoid that. Getting caught in a Worcester firestorm is much harder to avoid, and much more frustrating to deal with. The toxicity of ships that can be behind an island making them near immune to counterfire and just pummel a ship is, in my opinion, a lot higher than a ship whose main damage dealing ability is easily countered by WASD hacks.

You might have understood that, but I see at least 3 posts that don't really give off an "I understand what I just read" vibe.

[SYN]
Members
4,586 posts
11,479 battles

Shim's not the terror it once was, but it's far from being the worst ship in the game.

[SDIWO]
Members
1,080 posts
5,751 battles
2 minutes ago, Deviathan said:

I completely agree with this, I am not a big fan of T9 and T10 premiums, especially since I felt like the tiers were pretty well balanced overall without them.

You might have understood that, but I see at least 3 posts that don't really give off an "I understand what I just read" vibe.

Ehhh...you're right.

Sign in to follow this