Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Zebas77

OP Ships

30 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
15 posts
13,441 battles

What is it that WG keeps buffing up ships. This makes it really hard to compete, i just got Melted by a DD (kitakaze) guns in a BB, stalingrad another huge problem, CVs with AP bombs nuking CAs . So where does it all end? How do you have fun when u have to face more and more OP Ships?. Either play lower tiers 5 or just abandon de the game completly, ships like these take all the fun away and in most cases you can just buy these that implies no effort or acheivements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,473 posts
12,578 battles

Not sure what you mean. For the most part WOW takes out premiums or nerfs tech tree ships if the stats are too good - plenty of examples like Kamikaze or Belfast no longer for sale, or nerfs to Knab or RN BBs - 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,808
[TBW]
Members
6,600 posts
12,456 battles
45 minutes ago, Zebas77 said:

What is it that WG keeps buffing up ships. This makes it really hard to compete, i just got Melted by a DD (kitakaze) guns in a BB, stalingrad another huge problem, CVs with AP bombs nuking CAs . So where does it all end? How do you have fun when u have to face more and more OP Ships?. Either play lower tiers 5 or just abandon de the game completly, ships like these take all the fun away and in most cases you can just buy these that implies no effort or acheivements.

I would change my tactics against the Kitakaze.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
236
[VFW]
Members
970 posts
21,715 battles

Repeat after me "There are no OP ships, only OP players".

 

  Yes, there are some ships that are better than others, but it only comes down to the player.   Seen way to many "OP" ships played like they are T1 ships/players.   Seen plenty of "underpowed/up tiered" ships played like a scalpel cutting out the cancer we know as the enemy team.

The real question and problem is WoWS push to get only T10s to play rank, clans, and randoms.   It's getting tougher and tougher to play T8 (hardest hit) and T9 ships.

 

vr

 

   

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
318
[BROOK]
Members
1,629 posts
Just now, TexJapan said:

Repeat after me "There are no OP ships, only OP players".

   

 

I beg to differ. What about those CVs like Midway and Graf Z that can single tap a BB out of the game in the second minute?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16
[KSC]
Supertester
53 posts
7,719 battles

Every ship has a weakness. I would suggest reading the wiki page for the ships as the wiki staff have done thorough write ups to show strengths and weaknesses as well as watch cc videos on the ships as almost all of them highlight strengths and weaknesses you can use to your advantage against those ships you feel are op.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
236
[VFW]
Members
970 posts
21,715 battles
1 minute ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I beg to differ. What about those CVs like Midway and Graf Z that can single tap a BB out of the game in the second minute?

Blasto,

  No need to beg...lol.   Just like your Shimi info, have you played either ship? 

  I have the Midway but have no interest in the Graf Z.   I'm an OK CV player and at T10...the AA is scary and some of the T10 CV players are tuff to counter.   The Midway is a good ship, but against players or a team that understands WoWs mechanics, it can be countered.  As of the Graf Z, played against them both as a CV and regular surface ship.   It is not that hard to counter if you know what you're doing.

Vr,

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24
[ALPHA]
Members
182 posts
4,333 battles

I can assure you, akizuki, kitakaze, and harugumo aren’t OP. They die quickly, aren’t stealthy, and the guns aren’t all that, even with 1/4 pen. Once spotted, you aren’t long for this earth in one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,296
[SIM]
Members
2,665 posts
4,423 battles
6 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

BB players need to learn to adapt just like DDs need to learn to adapt to radar. 

Players in general need to try to adapt to new challenges before concluding that those challenges are insurmountable.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
473
[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,922 battles

Listen, and understand! Those OP Ships and COs who command them are out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear! And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!

  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
318
[BROOK]
Members
1,629 posts
4 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

Listen, and understand! Those OP Ships and COs who command them are out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear! And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!

Now you've scared me.

 

:Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
318
[BROOK]
Members
1,629 posts
10 minutes ago, TexJapan said:

 The Midway is a good ship, but against players or a team that understands WoWs mechanics, it can be countered.    It is not that hard to counter if you know what you're doing.

Vr,

  

 

I have never played CVs. So where is the vault where this esoteric knowledge is hidden and how does one gain entry?

 

:fish_book:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
236
[VFW]
Members
970 posts
21,715 battles
1 minute ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I have never played CVs. So where is the vault where this esoteric knowledge is hidden and how does one gain entry?

 

:fish_book:

Oh now Blasto...you know the answer (light troll again...now really).   It is the truth hidden by the world pulled over your very eyes.

 Bottom line.  Start at T4, learn basics in Coop, then play random until T6.   At T6, learn basics again in Coop, then play Randoms.   Along the way you'll play better (hope) and get a lot of salt (bad Karma) along the way...folks hate us CV folk.

Vr,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
318
[BROOK]
Members
1,629 posts
3 minutes ago, TexJapan said:

Oh now Blasto...you know the answer (light troll again...now really).   It is the truth hidden by the world pulled over your very eyes.

 Bottom line.  Start at T4, learn basics in Coop, then play random until T6.   At T6, learn basics again in Coop, then play Randoms.   Along the way you'll play better (hope) and get a lot of salt (bad Karma) along the way...folks hate us CV folk.

Vr,

I don't think it's that easy to master the game mechanics. Much of the knowledge appears hidden.

For example, it was only a few months ago that I finally dared to ask how some players have 70% or higher win rates.

The answer was a shock to me. They do it by mostly playing in steady divisions. It was a real eye-opener for me.

I'm not a gamer. This is the only multiplayer game I have ever played and this explanation bowled me over. 

I never would have thought of that.  (Seriously.)

Doh!

:Smile_child:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
236
[VFW]
Members
970 posts
21,715 battles
2 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I don't think it's that easy to master the game mechanics. Much of the knowledge appears hidden.

For example, it was only a few months ago that I finally dared to ask how some players have 70% or higher win rates.

The answer was a shock to me. They do it by mostly playing in steady divisions. It was a real eye-opener for me.

I'm not a gamer. This is the only multiplayer game I have ever played and this explanation bowled me over. 

I never would have thought of that.  (Seriously.)

Doh!

:Smile_child:

 

 

Blasto,

  Yes, having a good division really helps for win rate, belonging to a good clan with a good pool of players helps greatly also.   On the flip side, I primarily look at the Avg XP, contribution to capture/defense, avg accuracy, and some medals to get a feel for a player.  Win rate is a indicator, but it's farther down on the list...IMHO.

vr 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
147
[REVY]
Beta Testers
261 posts
1,680 battles

Every ship has a counter. Start off the match focusing on the ship(s) that you counter the best in your ship. Rinse and repeat till the end and hopefully there are enough of your team left to overpower the remaining reds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,643
[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,836 posts
4,814 battles
28 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

What is good by your measure?

What is 'good' can be subjective. But to give a personal example, I've played solo about 90% of the time. The clan I am in is neither particularly big, active, or full of elite players, so my stats aren't affected much by divisions.

Despite this I've managed a 60% win rate with respectable bluish to light purply statistics. The important thing is to research and learn the mechanics, and gain the experience to apply it. Manage that and imho one will already be a step up from the average player, whether divisioning or solo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
572 posts
5 hours ago, Zebas77 said:

What is it that WG keeps buffing up ships. This makes it really hard to compete, i just got Melted by a DD (kitakaze) guns in a BB, stalingrad another huge problem, CVs with AP bombs nuking CAs . So where does it all end? How do you have fun when u have to face more and more OP Ships?. Either play lower tiers 5 or just abandon de the game completly, ships like these take all the fun away and in most cases you can just buy these that implies no effort or acheivements.

If you can't beat them Join them.

open your wallet and buy your way to Bliss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
556 posts
3,784 battles
3 minutes ago, _Lord_Scott_ said:

If you can't beat them Join them.

open your wallet and buy your way to Bliss.

Money can't buy happiness...but it sure can make the ride smoother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
447
[CUTIE]
Members
1,437 posts
6,175 battles
5 hours ago, Zebas77 said:

What is it that WG keeps buffing up ships. This makes it really hard to compete, i just got Melted by a DD (kitakaze) guns in a BB, stalingrad another huge problem, CVs with AP bombs nuking CAs . So where does it all end? How do you have fun when u have to face more and more OP Ships?. Either play lower tiers 5 or just abandon de the game completly, ships like these take all the fun away and in most cases you can just buy these that implies no effort or acheivements.

  1. Buy yourself the "OP" ship of your choice.
  2. Play that ship at least a few dozen times.
  3. Look at your results.
  4. Ask yourself again if the people succeeding in those ships truly employ no effort to get their results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
855 posts
3,733 battles
1 hour ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

What is good by your measure?

I think anything above 50-51% is a good win-rate. I think having a 60% or higher is a standout Win-rate, meaning the best players have such win-rates, assuming they are not playing only low-teirs, CVs, ect....

 

But its all subjective. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×