You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Shad0wFiend

How do I hide ARP ships in 0.7.8

25 comments in this topic

[KABUM]
Members
17 posts
4,767 battles

It looks like the settings menu has been changed to only allow you to hide the camoflage appearance of the ARP ships, but the ships themselves still show up on the carousel. It used to be you could filter them out entirely. How do I remove the ARP ships from the carousel like i could in 0.7.7?

[WOLF7]
Members
10,340 posts
5 minutes ago, Shad0wFiend said:

It looks like the settings menu has been changed to only allow you to hide the camoflage appearance of the ARP ships, but the ships themselves still show up on the carousel. It used to be you could filter them out entirely. How do I remove the ARP ships from the carousel like i could in 0.7.7?

Looks like you can't now...you can only strip the camo and regender the captains....:Smile_teethhappy:

[TBW]
Members
6,592 posts
12,435 battles

Right hand side lower, the gears.

shot-18_08.22_11_53.29-0185.thumb.jpg.15429346c276b9e27e721d256ee65059.jpg

drop down menu custom ships.

shot-18_08.22_11_53.36-0498.thumb.jpg.062a204f7fedfa10bdb06d2222440441.jpg

when you see the slash across the eye they are hidden.

shot-18_08.22_11_53.42-0981.thumb.jpg.d2919c16a425e5789da452327fe019ad.jpg

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[PVE]
Members
10,784 posts
7,940 battles
29 minutes ago, Shad0wFiend said:

You can not hide the ships now. The check boxes to hide the ARP & HSF ships have been removed this patch. @turbo07 in this other thread is forwarding the info, but it sounds like unless a lot of people want them to be hidden, the check boxes might not be put back.

4 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Right hand side lower the gears.

drop down menu custom ships.

when you see the slash across the eye they are hidden.

Nope, that hides the ARP camo, but not the ship. There were check boxes to hide the ARP and HSF ships that was removed.

Edited by Kizarvexis
  • Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,592 posts
12,435 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Nope, that hides the ARP camo, but not the ship. There were check boxes to hide the ARP and HSF ships that was removed.

I see that now, It just makes my carousel more cluttered but I can live with it I guess. I generally use the tech tree to find ships that I am looking for any way.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,536 posts
3,579 battles

I think that the change was made since players can now sell them, and get a free port slot from them. No reason to keep them hidden if their attached ports are not going to be hidden alongside the ships anymore, and when the ships can be sold.

As far as the ship icons go, that just requires some modding; copy/pasting/renaming the base Kongou/Myoko/Atago icons over the ARP versions. I'm sure Aslain or some other modder could quickly knock such a mod out.

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,121 posts
13,380 battles

The ARP ships joined the IJN ships as semi premiums quite some time ago and were allowed to be sold. The previous hide setting hid them in your port and also made them appear to you in battle as just the IJN ship they are based on. All because some folks did not want to see neon. They also accept IJN commanders with no retraining requirement.

The new options are still accessible via the gears in lower right of the port.

[WOLF3]
Members
19 posts
5,258 battles

I hope they change it back; I don't want to sell mine, but I do wnat them hidden from the carousel so as not to clutter it up.

really it's a sloppy, unnecessary change.

[LEGIT]
Members
1,373 posts
21,852 battles
On 8/22/2018 at 9:57 AM, TheGreatBlasto said:

Just sell them. I never asked for them nor understood why they even exist.

That's because you didn't have to work to get the Original ARP Kongo and Myoko.  If you did, you'd probably never let them go either.

Edited by slokill_1
  • Cool 1

Members
987 posts
13 battles

I find it really funny that people complain how "ARP ships are an abomination I don't want them in my port reeeeeeee" but instead of getting rid of them for good from their port by selling them (and thus earning profit), they just want to hide them instead.

[SFROG]
Beta Testers
51 posts
5,050 battles
11 hours ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

I find it really funny that people complain how "ARP ships are an abomination I don't want them in my port reeeeeeee" but instead of getting rid of them for good from their port by selling them (and thus earning profit), they just want to hide them instead.

I have 107 ships in my port, I don't need 4 myoko's and 4 kongos, plus a spare Atago all taking up space on the regular.  That said, I do prefer to keep them, because once in a long while, I will actually take them out.  I do this for mainly one reason: I'm a collector, yes only of pixel boats that are at the end of the day effectively worthless, but it brings me personal satisfaction to have "stuff".  Especially "stuff" that is not at this time and may never again be available in game - ergo somewhat of a status symbol.  It's like having a limited edition of something, that only had one production run.  Again, meaningless to everyone else (at least inherently, some may agree with my perception), but it makes me happy.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,167 battles
On 8/22/2018 at 12:57 PM, TheGreatBlasto said:

Just sell them. I never asked for them nor understood why they even exist.

Selling them is a pretty stupid idea. First they are technically premium ships so they can be used as trainers for your captains. When they do have the 100% or 200% daily bonuses you can rack up a ton of XP for your captains. If you are working on a cruiser or battleship captain the ARP ships have value.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
On 8/22/2018 at 12:31 PM, Shad0wFiend said:

They're under Custom Ships in the carousel.

Capture.thumb.PNG.b08c7c175a7d766a670aed32470b2793.PNG

[WAG]
Members
1,395 posts
8,000 battles
On 8/22/2018 at 12:31 PM, Shad0wFiend said:

Insert pic of Boromir with saying of "One just doesn't hide ARP ships"

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
10,784 posts
7,940 battles
6 hours ago, w4spl3g said:

They're under Custom Ships in the carousel.

Capture.thumb.PNG.b08c7c175a7d766a670aed32470b2793.PNG

In 7.8, when the additional content was broken down by type, the check boxes to hide the ships was removed. All that is left, is the eye that you can uncheck to not see the neon paint and anime captains, but the ships are still there. There were many threads complaining about this, but I don't know if the check boxes will come back in 7.9 or not.

[TF57]
Members
1,318 posts
4,050 battles

hope they change it back; I don't want to sell mine, but I do wnat them hidden from the carousel so as not to clutter it up.

really it's a sloppy, unnecessary change.

I always wonder why game devs remove functionality. Unless it is somehow less work to go remove it than...   ...to simply let it remain as it is?

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,784 posts
7,940 battles
1 minute ago, evilleMonkeigh said:

I always wonder why game devs remove functionality. Unless it is somehow less work to go remove it than...   ...to simply let it remain as it is?

I think it may have been an oversight as soo many people lobbied for so long to be able to sell the ARP ships, that they didn't realize that there are a lot of people who want to keep the ARP ships, but occasionally hide them for one reason or another for a bit.

[-AZ-]
[-AZ-]
Beta Testers
54 posts
7,424 battles

I'm resurrecting this thread, as this issue is still present in the latest patch.  Like many others, I do not want to sell these ships, but they take a ton of room on my carousel.  

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,784 posts
7,940 battles
6 minutes ago, Kreutzberg said:

I'm resurrecting this thread, as this issue is still present in the latest patch.  Like many others, I do not want to sell these ships, but they take a ton of room on my carousel.  

@Pigeon_of_War, @Gneisenau013, @turbo07, @WolfofWarship

Any way we can get the little check boxes back to hide the ARP, Azure Lane, Dragon and HSF ships again please? The eye just makes it look IJN.  When I am moving things around my port, it is sometimes good to hide them for a bit. In the pic, it is the icons right by the bow of the T-61 Sune DD.

R0fXcmW.jpg

Members
1,716 posts
7,374 battles
58 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

@Pigeon_of_War, @Gneisenau013, @turbo07, @WolfofWarship

Any way we can get the little check boxes back to hide the ARP, Azure Lane, Dragon and HSF ships again please? The eye just makes it look IJN.  When I am moving things around my port, it is sometimes good to hide them for a bit. In the pic, it is the icons right by the bow of the T-61 Sune DD.

There is a new checkbox on the carousel filter that allows you to hide all of the ships that don’t match your filter.  If you selected to only show T9 and T10 ships with the checkbox, it will effectively hide all ARP ships.  If you like playing T5 and T7 IJN ships then you are screwed with that option.

<EDIT> sometimes I really hate spellchecker.

Edited by Ramsalot

[PVE]
Members
10,784 posts
7,940 battles
2 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

There is a new checkbox on the carousel filter that allows you to hide all of the ships that don’t match your filter.  If you selected to only show T9 and T10 ships with the checkbox, it will effectively hide all ARP ships.  If you like playing T5 and T7 IJN ships then you are screwed with that option.

<EDIT> sometimes I really hate spellchecker.

I usually sort by tier and except for US CAs, all my ships are in the T6-T8 range.

Members
1,716 posts
7,374 battles
5 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I usually sort by tier and except for US CAs, all my ships are in the T6-T8 range.

Yes, well in such case you were better off with the way they used to have it.  I rarely play anything other than T9/T10, so that checkbox is awesome for me.