Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
nagasakee

UI Scaling

10 comments in this topic

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
560 posts
12,169 battles

I play at 4K, and in the past the text for teammates was so small I couldn't read it. (I'm nearly 66).

The UI Scaling feature was something that I requested, and many others did before me.  I tried it today.  It seems the scale goes all the way up to 292%, which when used makes your PC interface look like a Commodore 64's.

I found the best setting was at 150%, making the text large and legible to an old fart like myself.   What I did not expect was that the setting effectively makes EVERYTHING larger: the mini map, the ships in port, the captains window etc etc.  Gameplay itself did not seem to be changed, at least to my eyes, so that's good.

I was surprised that the mini-map scaling was seemingly not re-implemented with this patch.

My feedback on this is mainly good, though I'd suggest to the devs that if possible, make the scaling more specific: allow chat scaling, or mini-map or port as clickable specific choices.   The finer level of control would be an additional plus.

Anyway guys, good job, thanks for making the game better and better.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
10,361 posts

Well, new rig and monitor coming, maybe 4k will make me want to play the game again...:cap_hmm:

Edited by awiggin

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
560 posts
12,169 battles
Just now, awiggin said:

Well, new rig and monitor coming, maybe 4k will make me want to play the game again...:cap_hmm:

Congratulations!!! Hope you love both.

Members
1,247 posts
10 battles
9 minutes ago, awiggin said:

I replaced my 27 inch 21x9 aspect ratio with a 43 inch 4k TV. I am looking forward to trying the scaling UI. In game 4k looks amazing. 

[WOLF7]
Members
10,361 posts
9 hours ago, UssIowaSailor said:

I replaced my 27 inch 21x9 aspect ratio with a 43 inch 4k TV. I am looking forward to trying the scaling UI. In game 4k looks amazing. 

So far so good, system is kind of overkill for this game, but it really does look good in 4k.

[BNKR]
Members
216 posts
1,900 battles

Yeah I had to mess around with this. Changed resolution. Played with UI. Returned resolution. Better now. 

[OO7]
Members
3,311 posts
9,774 battles

However, their UI scaling may not have been applied to all aspects of the game.

shot-18.08.22_18.16.43-0175.jpg

OOPS, nice window within a window.

Edited by Ducky_shot

[KEGEL]
Members
122 posts
5,932 battles

Looking forward to checking the UI scaling on my 2560x1600 monitor tonight.

I agree with OP, scaling options for individual UI elements would be nice.

Not sure I'd like to scale up the 4 row carousel in port up with everything else.

Oh well having the scale option is long over due regardless.

Sign in to follow this