You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USSRichardNixon

Sell ARP and Dragon ships?

12 comments in this topic

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,536 posts
3,588 battles

You may as well sell them if you don't cycle through them for 1st win bonuses and aren't a fan.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,872 posts
3,968 battles

Click on the gear icon on the carousel, there is an option to completely hide them from your view and have the anime captains look like normal IJN ones.

[W-P-E]
Members
486 posts
4 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Click on the gear icon on the carousel, there is an option to completely hide them from your view and have the anime captains look like normal IJN ones.

after update today, that gear icon only removes ARP camo... Maybe I am wrong.

[PIZZA]
Members
732 posts
8,549 battles
4 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

You may as well sell them if you don't cycle through them for 1st win bonuses and aren't a fan.

Terrible thing to gather multiple bonuses in 300 % day. I have 9 Arp ships. 

[FOXEH]
Members
3,425 posts
12,837 battles

They changed the menu tree on how to hide "undesirables". Look at the patch notes for the bona fide answer.

I sold mine once allowed. Not a fan.

[WOLF7]
Members
10,361 posts
11 minutes ago, Finnkax said:

Terrible thing to gather multiple bonuses in 300 % day. I have 9 Arp ships. 

And completely meaningless if you aren't an IJN fan.:Smile_teethhappy:

[PVE]
Members
10,857 posts
7,982 battles
1 hour ago, USSRichardNixon said:

I can't figure out how to hide these ugly ships. There are just too many!

Is it worth it to sell them? or at least some of them.

See my reply to warheart1992 on what can be done now with the ARP & HSF ships. @turbo07 is forwarding the info.

I don't care about the ship girls or anime, but I kept the ships as first win bonus ships. For those days when a first win bonus is great, rotate a captain though the ships. Or when I retrain an IJN captain, it is 9 more ships to get a first win bonus to help with the retaining. I would like the check boxes back as there are times when I want to hide them and times I don't.

Also, you can spec the ARP Kongos, ARP Myokos & ARP Takao in various ways other then the tech tree ship. So I have an AA build, a secondary build, long range build for the Kongos. For the Myokos I went with AA build and regular build. The Takao & Atago will be my 203mm ships and my Mogami will be my 155mm ship. I am training up a 155mm captain for the Mogami and a 203mm captain for the Atago and Takao.

51 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Clicking the eye in the carousel settings removes the ARP & Dragon coloring and changes the ship girls into IJN captains. There used to be a check box that hid the ships, but it got removed. @turbo07 has mentioned in another thread that he is forwarding the info to the devs.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,536 posts
3,588 battles

I suspect the changes were made since there is no reason to hide the ships in port any more; now that they can be sold, and the port slot reclaimed (supposedly; I of course don't sell mine).

It will just be a matter of waiting for someone to quickly mod over the normal ship icons for Kongou/Myoko/Atago over the ARP versions, only leaving the ARP names to quickly ID them.

[PVE]
Members
10,857 posts
7,982 battles
Just now, YamatoA150 said:

I suspect the changes were made since there is no reason to hide the ships in port any more; now that they can be sold, and the port slot reclaimed (supposedly; I of course don't sell mine).

It will just be a matter of waiting for someone to quickly mod over the normal ship icons for Kongou/Myoko/Atago over the ARP versions, only leaving the ARP names to quickly ID them.

I don't want to sell mine, but there are times I would like to hide them for a bit. Hopefully, we will get this option back.