Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Kitikaze - ho hum - a new level of skill required

157 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,736
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,044 posts

Well just played a match with at least two if not three of them on the red team. Smoke, spam. Smoke, spam. Smoke, spam. Rounds that practically citadel a cruiser, don't yet know about a battleship. 

I guess we needed these ships? To uh, balance out some other ships? Gee, I'm not seeing it... guess I have to grind on up to a Worcester to kill them? Or use the new MBB on my French cruisers to fire every 4.5 seconds for 15 seconds (wow that helps, a whole 15 seconds... why that's almost three reloads if I respec my commander to increase the rate of fire - no thanks, not spending my precious doubloons. 

Can't wait to encounter the tier X dd... it should be a lol boat for sure. Just wait till you get about four or five of these things on each team. Should be a real fun time.

So - what counters do we have for them - the best ships to counter them? Tactics? tiafyc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
239
[_AFW_]
[_AFW_]
Members
320 posts
6,227 battles

another untested OP ship of the month so Wargaming can get their Whales to spend their Free XP. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,082
[ADR]
Members
4,447 posts
15,465 battles

all I can see is   REEEEeeeeeeeeeee. I got Rekt..   and I Knew they were coming for over 2 months now :(      DDs have been crap for a while, the game is shifting to gunboats as the only way to compete these days. 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,894
[HYDRO]
Members
3,467 posts
4,940 battles

And now nobody will whine about Radar since it's gonna be seen as a necessary evil to counter them :cap_rambo:.

In top of that the silly 1/4 rule they decided on for HE on these ships will take us a few steps backwards.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
444
[TBOW]
Members
1,887 posts
12,890 battles

If these new boats are played right, Radar won't matter.  personally it is part of life.  These are just IJN Khabs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
148
[USCG]
Members
386 posts
14,995 battles

Picked my Kita this morning. One good game, one not so good. Good game I was able to stay hidden and use my torps/guns when I could.  Think I only smoked up once.  I also had good support from my team.  DD + support = good.  Bad game I was detected, focused by several ships and destroyed.  Guess what, supporting teammates turned tail and ran as soon as I first detected another destroyer in front.  I went to hunt the DD, teammates turned tail.  DD - support = bad.  I try to spot/cap for my team but that does come at a risk.  I know this doesn't always work but it's nice to have big brothers behind you for support. 

As far as being OP, nah.  In my opinion she's the old Akizuki with a few tweaks.  With numerous ships equipped with radar now sitting in smoke is nowhere near as safe as it used to be...

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,736
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,044 posts

They might be like IJN khabs but they'll be a whole lot MORE of them than there are khabs... just came out of a match with 2 ix and 2 x ijns. Slaughtered us. 

I was in my Grozo - admittedly not yet in lockstep with her - but man... new strategies are called for fer sure... I'm just not yet sure what boat and how will be the best counter. 

I guess a radar cruiser eh? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,727 posts
14,740 battles

Played one game this morning, seemed OK, can be countered with radar just like any other DD.  Our Mino almost had a Kraken shooting all the DDs on the reds. I thought it drove OK - like the 6 shooter on the torps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,596
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,407 posts
11,044 battles

Z-46 and Z-52. Torp the smoke and then hydro them if they arn’t dead from the torps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,596
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,407 posts
11,044 battles
32 minutes ago, EasternSun said:

another untested OP ship of the month so Wargaming can get their Whales to spend their Free XP. 

It’s just that virtually all the other destroyer are so underpowered in terms of doing damage that people freak out when a DD shows up that isn’t an XP piniata to BBs and cruisers.

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
366
[WOLF5]
Members
1,330 posts
7,867 battles
37 minutes ago, EasternSun said:

another untested OP ship of the month so Wargaming can get their Whales to spend their Free XP. 

They are going to be sadly disappointed. The amount of the "whales" that free XP up to new lines has dropped dramatically compared to past releases. We saw that with Worcester.
That is what happens when you gate unique ships like Stalingrad. Wallets tend to get locked tight.

Edited by zarth12
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,736
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,044 posts

My first match of the day had a Stalingrad in it. He got well... less than he/she bargained for - but he sorta camped at the far range of his guns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,536 posts
10 battles
41 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Well just played a match with at least two if not three of them on the red team. Smoke, spam. Smoke, spam. Smoke, spam. Rounds that practically citadel a cruiser, don't yet know about a battleship. 

I guess we needed these ships? To uh, balance out some other ships? Gee, I'm not seeing it... guess I have to grind on up to a Worcester to kill them? Or use the new MBB on my French cruisers to fire every 4.5 seconds for 15 seconds (wow that helps, a whole 15 seconds... why that's almost three reloads if I respec my commander to increase the rate of fire - no thanks, not spending my precious doubloons. 

Can't wait to encounter the tier X dd... it should be a lol boat for sure. Just wait till you get about four or five of these things on each team. Should be a real fun time.

So - what counters do we have for them - the best ships to counter them? Tactics? tiafyc

The Japanese gunboat Destroyers are another example that makes me think that the dev's have all suffered a collective stroke and are operating with impaired mental function. To give ships a 2 second reload and 1/4 pen rate for their 100mm guns is beyond stupidity. It is almost as if Wargaming is intentionally trying to kill the game.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
198
[R-F]
Members
542 posts
23,138 battles

Adapt.

 

That's all you gotta do. A ship that fires like a Khab without the speed will be easy pickings. Sometimes its almost like people want the game to become easier. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,536 posts
10 battles
10 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

It’s just that virtually all the other destroyer are so underpowered in terms of doing damage that people freak out when a DD shows up that isn’t an XP piniata to BBs and cruisers.

That is why this game is dying, the mere fact that a DD could equal a battleship in damage is pure stupidity. Instead of having three classes of ships with three distinct missions. Wargaming decided to have one class, damage dealers and it killed the game. Instead of a game meta built around teamwork, using your ship for it's intended role and working together to accomplish the mission it is all daka daka daka daka.........blow stuff up.......look at how much damage I did.....etc. 

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,082
[ADR]
Members
4,447 posts
15,465 battles
7 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:
8 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

The Japanese gunboat Destroyers are another example that makes me think that the dev's have all suffered a collective stroke and are operating with impaired mental function. To give ships a 2 second reload and 1/4 pen rate for their 100mm guns is beyond stupidity. It is almost as if Wargaming is intentionally trying to kill the game.

 

Because those whopping 300 damge shells really make you crap all over yourself right ?    As Opposed to a BB who can delete nearly every ship in the game in 1 salvo  if they get the Right RNG.     Man, the death by a Million paper cuts really does scream overpowered yeah?

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,887
Members
23,178 posts
5,841 battles
3 minutes ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

Adapt.

I already have. I'm mostly playing T5-6 ships, where the gimmickry seems at a minimum.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,268 posts
6,912 battles
20 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

Z-46 and Z-52. Torp the smoke and then hydro them if they arn’t dead from the torps. 

 

That's pretty easy to counter in the Akizuki.

Whenever I got hydro'd by one I just drove out of the smoke and shot them in the face. Problem solved. lol

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
198
[R-F]
Members
542 posts
23,138 battles
18 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I already have. I'm mostly playing T5-6 ships, where the gimmickry seems at a minimum.

That should work out for you then. Enjoy the lower tier battles, I go down too sometimes to seal club the noobs every once in a while. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,268 posts
6,912 battles
6 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

That is why this game is dying, the mere fact that a DD could equal a battleship in damage is pure stupidity. Instead of having three classes of ships with three distinct missions. Wargaming decided to have one class, damage dealers and it killed the game. Instead of a game meta built around teamwork, using your ship for it's intended role and working together to accomplish the mission it is all daka daka daka daka.........blow stuff up.......look at how much damage I did.....etc. 

 

Nah, this game isn't dying. 

 

Just examples of more people that can't adapt or deal with difficult situations. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
914
[SIDE]
Members
2,525 posts
13 minutes ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

Because those whopping 300 damge shells really make you crap all over yourself right ?    As Opposed to a BB who can delete nearly every ship in the game in 1 salvo  if they get the Right RNG.     Man, the death by a Million paper cuts really does scream overpowered yeah?

This is untrue

I saw a TX in a match last week that ripped 40k off a tirpitz in about a minute. The tirp saw the dd pop smoke and began to turn. Daka  daka ensues. The tirp was able to turn about 120 degree before the torps finished his last 10k hp. I was absolutely dumbstruck that any dd has that kind of non-torpedo firepower. It’s not like it has rainbow arcs or sub 10km range either. It’s stupid powerful. I’m gonna free xp  right to it. Something this dirty and busted needs to be enjoyed. What am I gonna do, fight against them and lose  very time or join them? 

With these new ijn ships they just released the 2 of the best cruisers in the game.

Edited by thebigblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
898
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,491 posts
15,488 battles
44 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

And now nobody will whine about Radar since it's gonna be seen as a necessary evil to counter them :cap_rambo:.

In top of that the silly 1/4 rule they decided on for HE on these ships will take us a few steps backwards.

They do not have 1/4 pen...

They buffed the IJN 100 mm to be able to pen 25mm armour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×