Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ProfesssorRoadkill

Question about the Norwegian Tirpitz Camo

16 comments in this topic

Members
24 posts
9,339 battles

Is there a bug with the Norwegian Tirpitz Camo? The Port side seems to be "unfinished."

Starboard Side:
Vi0rc0f.png

Port Side:

wDzFbQ3.png

I was expecting some type of design to appear on the Port side.

Members
2 posts
4,227 battles

its intended to look like that, its actually the old camo that the Tirpitz was going to come to the game but they changed it and now is back.

0N4FaW6.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

[SIM]
Members
3,767 posts
6,254 battles

Is that because they only painted the side facing the ocean, while the other side was facing the fjord that the Tirpitz was lurking in?

• Funny 1

[NDA]
Supertester
5,210 posts
15,584 battles

Does this mean the Detection Reduction and Shell Dispersion increase bonuses only apply to one side of the ship? 

Members
24 posts
9,339 battles
9 minutes ago, Darkangel98 said:

its intended to look like that, its actually the old camo that the Tirpitz was going to come to the game but they changed it and now is back.

Thank you for the clarification.

I was reading the "Attack at Source - Tirpitz" chapter of Sea Battle in Close-Up by Eric Grove a couple of days ago. It describes the RN's various attempts to sink the Tirpitz while it was in Norwegian waters. The book describes the elaborate camouflage and smokescreens that were setup to protect the ship. I wasn't able to find any good pictures of the camo from that period for the Tirpitz though.

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,868 posts
5,401 battles

Too bad it doesn't extend onto her deck.  I also require small bits of shrubbery strewn across the deck which will promptly be blasted into the ocean on her first salvo

IIKb3m1.jpg

iQGFd72.jpg

o8qnypb.jpg

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers
389 posts
6,282 battles

Kinda disappointing. Such a good look on one side, but nearly barren on the other. It may be historical, but still a bit disappointing.

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,909 posts

That how it's supposed to look. One side when you're viewing it against the land and the otherside when viewing it against the water.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,142 posts
9,728 battles
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

Is that because they only painted the side facing the ocean, while the other side was facing the fjord that the Tirpitz was lurking in?

Yeah, as she more or less became a stationary battery and wasn't putting out to sea much if at all. 

Members
2,460 posts
9,297 battles

This sort of reminds me of camo used on the aircraft - blue on the underside and ground pattern color on top.  It does look really weird on a warship though.

Edited by Ramsalot

Members
2,460 posts
9,297 battles

Slightly disappointed with all of the new camo options for Tirpitz, since none of them are as good as the free XP bonus Tarnanstrich camouflage I use.  Does not make sense to swap it to anything that will lose that bonus.

Edited by Ramsalot

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,163 posts
11,418 battles

Oh well I was hoping it was a tribute to Deshafer(?) and was very intent on buying it . Now IDK if I will .

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
804 posts
5,337 battles
11 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

none of them are as good as the free XP bonus Tarnanstrich camouflage

True.  It still stings that I didn't have time to finish that series of missions.  Late last year was very busy here in the "real" world.

-R

Sign in to follow this