You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MalgusKerensky

Port filters

21 comments in this topic

Members
35 posts
7,238 battles

I  just updated and connected, it seems the new filters in port are not working correctly. I have all custom ships disabled but still have all the ARP and Dragon ships showing in the active ship carousel. Tried quitting & re-launching the game and it is showing the same. I have double checked that the 'eye icon' by each ship type has been disabled.

On a related note, when I disabled decorative ships, it removed the camo from my Worcester & Cleveland. They were non standard camos, but not sure if it was suppose to remove the camo or just not show it. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,597 posts
10,056 battles
18 minutes ago, MalgusKerensky said:

The option should be in port, the gear icon to the right and under the "Special Ships" 

Looking at that now..   They reorganized this.

Filter.jpg

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,597 posts
10,056 battles

And if you want to hide them.... Permanently...  

SellARP.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[WOLF1]
Members
2,218 posts

why can't they just allow us to pick each ship to show up or not (not just put them in shadows), and be done with it

Community Department
2,208 posts
542 battles

Thanks for your replies, I've transfered your feedback to developers.
I do not exclude changes in the future updates. But as for now filters are working as they should. 

[PVE]
Members
10,849 posts
7,982 battles
1 hour ago, MalgusKerensky said:

I  just updated and connected, it seems the new filters in port are not working correctly. I have all custom ships disabled but still have all the ARP and Dragon ships showing in the active ship carousel. Tried quitting & re-launching the game and it is showing the same. I have double checked that the 'eye icon' by each ship type has been disabled.

On a related note, when I disabled decorative ships, it removed the camo from my Worcester & Cleveland. They were non standard camos, but not sure if it was suppose to remove the camo or just not show it. 

Clicking the eye, removes the camo from the ship and it has always worked this way. in the case of the ARP and HSF captains, it also makes them look like regular captains. If you remove the decorative camo, the Freedom and the Maid of Orleans are removed.

Pics of removing camo now

Spoiler

U5xPd76.jpg

kbetYGg.jpg

LyZPPLx.jpg

qidZreB.jpg

There used to be check boxes to hide the ARP and HSF ships, but they are missing after the update. @turbo07, any way we can get those check boxes back?

Kf33D2I.jpg

Members
35 posts
7,238 battles

Thank you for the clarification on the camo, this is probably the first time I have used the option. As Kizarvexis points out the main issue is that the ARP / HSF filter appears to be missing since 0.7.8.  - Thanks!

Community Department
2,208 posts
542 battles
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Clicking the eye, removes the camo from the ship and it has always worked this way. in the case of the ARP and HSF captains, it also makes them look like regular captains. If you remove the decorative camo, the Freedom and the Maid of Orleans are removed.

Pics of removing camo now

Reveal hidden contents

There used to be check boxes to hide the ARP and HSF ships, but they are missing after the update. @turbo07, any way we can get those check boxes back?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Kf33D2I.jpg

I understand what you are meaning. We always collect players opinions, if there is a lot of such feedback, then we can expect changes in the future updates. 
But of course I can't promise anything at the moment. 

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
560 posts
12,169 battles

yep, confirmed: it removes the camo, not the showing of the ship.

[ADR]
Members
840 posts
5,905 battles

This was a bad change, why on earth would WoWS remove a feature that made it easier on the consumer, that is NEVER a good idea. Please bring the feature back.

Alpha Tester
130 posts
1,558 battles
3 hours ago, Koschka said:

This was a bad change, why on earth would WoWS remove a feature that made it easier on the consumer, that is NEVER a good idea. Please bring the feature back.

[POP]
Members
23 posts
8,378 battles

I like the option to hide ARP ships, it now seems gone. Has anyone found it?

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
572 posts
9,031 battles
6 hours ago, _Goo_ said:

Why change something that was not broken?

4 hours ago, Koschka said:

6 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

All of the above. I haven't seen the ARP ships in port since I earned them, and want to keep it that way.

[PVE]
Members
10,849 posts
7,982 battles
4 minutes ago, roytwo said:

I like the option to hide ARP ships, it now seems gone. Has anyone found it?

As mentioned in the thread, the check boxes that hid the ARP and HSF ships has been removed.

[C-1]
[C-1]
Members
412 posts
7,346 battles
On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:43 PM, Koschka said:

Just keeping it going.

I use my 6 myoko's and 5 kongo's but not all the time and having to scroll through them when, before they came up with the daft idea to remove it, I could just hide them for the time being. I'd even had preferred them to go a step further in adding the ability to hide the ships I've already grinded out and premium ships.

Edited by Levits

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
10 minutes ago, Levits said:

Just keeping it going.

I use my 6 myoko's and 5 kongo's but not all the time and having to scroll through them when, before they came up with the daft idea to remove it, I could just hide them for the time being. I'd even had preferred them to go a step further in adding the ability to hide the ships I've already grinded out and premium ships.

Yeah, I don't usually play my 4 ARP Kongo sisters much either, and I had the option to view them disabled for a reason. I like their camos because I enjoyed the show, but I am usually too busy grinding something or playing actual premiums. I use their lol-builds only when I am super frustrated because I can't seem to get a win in any of my other ships, and when I also actually have time left in the night to play them.

• Cool 1

[VVV]
Members
372 posts
2,351 battles
On 8/22/2018 at 1:43 PM, Koschka said:

If you're talking about the removal of the HSF + ARP camo disable button, yeah, they shouldn't have taken that out (I personally am fine with everything and leave everything turned on, but I respect the freedom of choice). If you're talking about the reshuffling of the buttons, it was because it was getting to be too many options to fit into one list, so they reshuffled them under categories to not make one list too big or overwhelming.

[PVE]
Members
10,849 posts
7,982 battles
3 minutes ago, AtlanticRim said:

If you're talking about the removal of the HSF + ARP camo disable button, yeah, they shouldn't have taken that out (I personally am fine with everything and leave everything turned on, but I respect the freedom of choice). If you're talking about the reshuffling of the buttons, it was because it was getting to be too many options to fit into one list, so they reshuffled them under categories to not make one list too big or overwhelming.

You still have the option of clicking the eye on HSF and ARP to remove the camo and make the ship girls into IJN men. But the check box option to hide the ARP and HSF content in the carousel was removed.