Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
arrrgh

facepalm, WG just removed all your 'go navy' tokens

16 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Alpha Tester
325 posts

God, WG is so damn clueless about customer service.

First, the removed the crates from the store 1-2 days before the event ended. Thus making it impossible for people to get those last tokens and buy camo's.      Facepalm,  talk about stupid.  They just wasted the players time, and also lost sales.   Total incompetence from WG. 

Now, they are removing all tokens from your account, with no clear warning,.  thus you loose the ability to buy camo's etc.    Its mindboggling how stupid this is.  I hope they are ready for a tidal wave of support tickets from people who didn't want credits, but wanted camo.

How hard would it have been for them to give warning AHEAD OF TIME about when the patch was going to drop.  Warning that INCLUDED CLEAR details about the fact that people would loose their tokens.

How hard would it have been to just leave the tokens in the system for 1 extra patch cycle?    What, were they going to run out of electrons or something?

WG lost sales, pissed people off, for no good reason at all.

• Boring 1

[AAA]
Members
502 posts
8,293 battles

Facepalm about players not reading the rules and jumping at the first instance to bash WG. They had clearly mentioned that the tokens will be converted into credits after update.

• Cool 3

[WOLF6]
Members
769 posts
4,888 battles

I'm guessing you don't visit worldofwarships.com often?

Whenever you see Dasha show up in the worldofwarships page with the update video, the update usually drops the next day.

They've been warning everyone that the "go Navy" tokens will disappear when 0.7.8 drops for the last month.

But I do have to admit, that a lot of it is lost now in the clutter of other new posts that aren't directly related to gameplay.  Lots of historical stuff/fun stuff, etc.

• Cool 1

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles

All articles related to the Go Navy event explicitly said that the event would end with the 0.7.8 patch and all tokens would be converted into credits at that time.  It's not WG's fault if people are not interested in reading about how events work.  And the reason is probably because they are adding a different token in 0.7.8 for the Anniversary event.  Also its not hard to know when a patch will drop.  WoWs is on a 4 week patch cycle so basically 1 month from the most recent update a new one will be out (also always on Wednesday).

Edited by mrh308
  • Cool 2

Members
2 posts
5,110 battles

I really hope that is an oversight as I didn't claim any of mine yet.  They definitely should have put a bunch of warnings out saying to use them or lose them. I was just looking at the arsenal yesterday to see what I wanted to claim them for.  But I guess nothing now ... They could have at least converted them into another resource or something?

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
8,760 posts

You were told when the event would end and that the tokens would be converted to credits then. The info was clearly presented for you to read.

• Cool 2

[AAA]
Members
502 posts
8,293 battles
Just now, theBrknSystm said:

I really hope that is an oversight as I didn't claim any of mine yet.  They definitely should have put a bunch of warnings out saying to use them or lose them. I was just looking at the arsenal yesterday to see what I wanted to claim them for.  But I guess nothing now ... They could have at least converted them into another resource or something?

Where are the supposed to put the warnings? In the port flashing every 2 mintues? Then there will 100s of threads bashing them for doing that. If you had taken a couple of minutes to read the rules in the Go Navy tab in game you would have seen they had clearly mentioned about it. 

Members
34 posts
3,196 battles
7 minutes ago, wtfovr said:

I'm guessing you don't visit worldofwarships.com often?

Whenever you see Dasha show up in the worldofwarships page with the update video, the update usually drops the next day.

They've been warning everyone that the "go Navy" tokens will disappear when 0.7.8 drops for the last month.

But I do have to admit, that a lot of it is lost now in the clutter of other new posts that aren't directly related to gameplay.  Lots of historical stuff/fun stuff, etc.

Yeah, there really should be an in-game warning/message, like a pop-up when you start, with info like this.

know lots of people probably dont visit the website often.

Edited by Bizzo1969

[SWOB]
Beta Testers
486 posts
3,793 battles

This was made clear at the start. I am on a break and even I knew this... I think that, even if there was a pop-up in-game a free days before someone would still miss something like this then... and post about it. :/

Sucks that you lost out OP, this isn't a WG issue.

Community Department
2,708 posts
779 battles
14 minutes ago, arrrgh said:

God, WG is so damn clueless about customer service.

First, the removed the crates from the store 1-2 days before the event ended. Thus making it impossible for people to get those last tokens and buy camo's.      Facepalm,  talk about stupid.  They just wasted the players time, and also lost sales.   Total incompetence from WG. 

Now, they are removing all tokens from your account, with no clear warning,.  thus you loose the ability to buy camo's etc.    Its mindboggling how stupid this is.  I hope they are ready for a tidal wave of support tickets from people who didn't want credits, but wanted camo.

How hard would it have been for them to give warning AHEAD OF TIME about when the patch was going to drop.  Warning that INCLUDED CLEAR details about the fact that people would loose their tokens.

How hard would it have been to just leave the tokens in the system for 1 extra patch cycle?    What, were they going to run out of electrons or something?

WG lost sales, pissed people off, for no good reason at all.

Sorry for your mistake, but all the tokens were not removed without compensation. I want to remind you, that all the info was posted here even before event started.
_dwD9-eYJwM.jpg

We'll have many events in the future, please read rules carefully next time. 

• Cool 1

Members
4,123 posts
8,680 battles
Just now, TheHolySpork said:

This was made clear at the start. I am on a break and even I knew this... I think that, even if there was a pop-up in-game a free days before someone would still miss something like this then... and post about it. :/

Sucks that you lost out OP, this isn't a WG issue.

This

Just now, Kapitan_Wuff said:

lol, "No Clear Warning"

They said from the very beginning they were temporary...

And This

Heck, I cannot believe you (OP) did not see it!!! You afraid to read?

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

I mean I managed to cash my tokens in yesterday because I knew today they would be gone, so clearly there was some sort of heads up, no?