Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wye_So_Serious

Storytime from battle last night

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

664
[LUCK]
Members
1,696 posts
23,716 battles

This was the last battle of the night for me. Standard battle, everyone ignoring our cap as usual, so I had to run back in Shchors and take on the Gadaj and Kutuzov to prolong the agony. Did so, until the mental incompetents realized we were about to lose and they arrived just in time. As I was fending off the Kutu and Gadaj (T& Pan-Asian DD) I notice our Chapy moving from the extreme west to the extreme east very south of the action and not firing. His radar would have been helpful but alas he had another agenda.

Now in spectator mode I see our CV starts in chat with "why is this guy firing at me?" it's our Chapy firing at our CV! He then proceeds to our CVs position ramming him toward the boundary and intermittently shooting him. I alt-tabbed to all chat and asked if they were seeing what was going on as these were the last two left on our team. The red CV just kept them spotted and didn't attack so now both teams see our idiot Chapy's behavior and rightly so give him the business in chat.

Now for the best part, the red Gadaj pops up out of nowhere, tells our CV he's here to help and torps the Chapy - Dev Strike. Just rewards for an idiot player. The Gadaj then apologizes to our CV by saying "I have to shoot you now" to which our CV said, go ahead and thanks for taking out the Chapy. I complimented the red DD for doing the right thing and putting the Chapy down first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,002
[ARGSY]
Members
11,950 posts
7,605 battles

Oh dear.

I don't remember the entire course of the relevant battle, but I have seen the words "Thanks for killing our idiot chat-spammer" used by a friendly in all-chat.

I hope EVERYBODY reported the Chapayev player and complimented the Gadjah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
382 posts
4,091 battles

Strange goings on lately.  Last night I was working with one of our BBs to kill off a higher tier Red BB, and after we sank him, the other BB started shooting me.  Maybe he didn't like that I was heading back to our base to defend against the Red DD that was capturing it?  Maybe he though I should be pushing to the enemy base with him?  Not sure. He never said anything in chat, just started peppering me almost point blank with AP.  I didn't report him, figured he would turn pink soon anyway.

Pretty sure it isn't a full moon for a couple of days yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
549
[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,285 battles
11 minutes ago, 1dennistt said:

Strange goings on lately.  Last night I was working with one of our BBs to kill off a higher tier Red BB, and after we sank him, the other BB started shooting me.  Maybe he didn't like that I was heading back to our base to defend against the Red DD that was capturing it?  Maybe he though I should be pushing to the enemy base with him?  Not sure. He never said anything in chat, just started peppering me almost point blank with AP.  I didn't report him, figured he would turn pink soon anyway.

Pretty sure it isn't a full moon for a couple of days yet.

It's not worth shooting at allies. It's not worth shooting back if shot by allies. If they want to go pink to orange, let them. Send your report and call it a day. Though unless I am salty enough about a horrible team, I can just do the one thing a CV can do that no ship can do and just punish the whole team.

If anything, it just means we just gotta watch our backs and either use Recording Software or turn on Replay's and make sure there are no TKers following you.

Edited by Vangm94

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
382 posts
4,091 battles
2 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

It's not worth shooting at allies. It's not worth shooting back if shot by allies. If they want to go pink to orange, let them. Send your report and call it a day. Though unless I am salty enough about a horrible team, I can just do the one thing a CV can do that no ship can do and just punish the whole team.

Just take your pixel planes and go home to the carrier?

Off topic:  I've seen a lot of good carrier play the last few days, one where the carrier sailed with the fleet, another where the carrier capped at the end to ensure the victory, and others.  I'm sure I had my share of potato carriers, but some of these guys/gals stuck out for outstanding awareness.  They weren't just sending planes out, but were watching the game progress and using the ship itself to help win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
549
[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,285 battles
2 hours ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

This was the last battle of the night for me. Standard battle, everyone ignoring our cap as usual, so I had to run back in Shchors and take on the Gadaj and Kutuzov to prolong the agony. Did so, until the mental incompetents realized we were about to lose and they arrived just in time. As I was fending off the Kutu and Gadaj (T& Pan-Asian DD) I notice our Chapy moving from the extreme west to the extreme east very south of the action and not firing. His radar would have been helpful but alas he had another agenda.

Now in spectator mode I see our CV starts in chat with "why is this guy firing at me?" it's our Chapy firing at our CV! He then proceeds to our CVs position ramming him toward the boundary and intermittently shooting him. I alt-tabbed to all chat and asked if they were seeing what was going on as these were the last two left on our team. The red CV just kept them spotted and didn't attack so now both teams see our idiot Chapy's behavior and rightly so give him the business in chat.

Now for the best part, the red Gadaj pops up out of nowhere, tells our CV he's here to help and torps the Chapy - Dev Strike. Just rewards for an idiot player. The Gadaj then apologizes to our CV by saying "I have to shoot you now" to which our CV said, go ahead and thanks for taking out the Chapy. I complimented the red DD for doing the right thing and putting the Chapy down first.

It could be possible that the Chapy was trying to save the CV from getting killed by the DD. This way, instead of the DD getting the kill and more XP, the Chapy gets Pink. :fish_palm:

I did that on accident in my Shimakaze. I shot torps into a gap and my allied Yamato was also in that gap and enemy torps was in that gap too. I sunk our (nearly dead) Yamato and prevented the enemy from getting that kill. Yamato was cool with it overall.

Edited by Vangm94

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
27 posts
5,009 battles

Was it by chance one of the Lexington Museum accounts ?  I've been fired at and chased all game by one of them in the past... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
382 posts
4,091 battles

I don't thinks so, not in my case anyway.  My best guess is that it was just some random potato that ran out of targets to shoot at.

As for the Chapy in the OPs post, I would guess he's one of the players who blames every loss on the CV in the game.  Some blame the DDs for not scouting/capping, or the BBs for camping, or players who yolo.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
664
[LUCK]
Members
1,696 posts
23,716 battles
1 hour ago, Vangm94 said:

It could be possible that the Chapy was trying to save the CV from getting killed by the DD. This way, instead of the DD getting the kill and more XP, the Chapy gets Pink. :fish_palm:

I did that on accident in my Shimakaze. I shot torps into a gap and my allied Yamato was also in that gap and enemy torps was in that gap too. I sunk our (nearly dead) Yamato and prevented the enemy from getting that kill. Yamato was cool with it overall.

Not in this case. CV was full health and Chapy went from one side of the map to the other so it was intentional. Also, there was no chance of winning it was blatant.

I will say, it's nice to see you want to find the good in other people. I gave up on that a long time ago- I'm nearly a misanthrope at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
664
[LUCK]
Members
1,696 posts
23,716 battles
1 hour ago, yeochee said:

Was it by chance one of the Lexington Museum accounts ? 

nope, just a full blown, certified fecal receptacle that even achieved the rank of 17.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
549
[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,285 battles
3 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Not in this case. CV was full health and Chapy went from one side of the map to the other so it was intentional. Also, there was no chance of winning it was blatant.

I will say, it's nice to see you want to find the good in other people. I gave up on that a long time ago- I'm nearly a misanthrope at this point.

I was more or less sarcastic about it because of my own experience in a accidental TK. In the end, it can't be helped. If it is gonna be a horrible loss, I find it easier to say everyone is crap and then I might just leave. Send that report and call it a day.

One thing thing I sorta try to do both on the forums and just in life is to look everything from both points. I will still be may be more on one side but that doesn't mean I won't accept change (unless it is for the worst).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×