You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FlashTX1

Quit Whining

47 comments in this topic

[REEF]
[REEF]
Beta Testers
643 posts
8,246 battles

Two games played and both filled with whiners and cry babies this early morning!  It's a game, it's meant to be fun!!!  If you aren't having fun, QUIT PLAYING!!!!  You don't have to ruin the game for everyone else just because you feel someone pi**** in your Wheaties!!!!  :Smile-angry:

Two games was all I could stomach and I stopped to come vent a little.  Unfortunately the whiners and crybabies will probably never read this..............or not.  :Smile_coin:

What happened to GL HF?  I use to see it at the start of every game from multiple players.  Now you NEVER see it above T5, yes I know someone hit's F10...I think it's F10, anyway whatever key it is for have a good game.  But it's rare and even rarer shared with the other team.  We have to keep the game fun and civil so we can all enjoy it!  So, if you feel the need to whine or cry do it here where someone can choose to read it or ignore it and not keep looking to see if it's an important message!  :Smile_playing:

Okay, ironic post is over as I'm done whining about people needing to stop whining.   LOL  :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 4
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,963 posts
18,841 battles

LOL Flash, totally ironic post (ie whining about whining) but venting frustration is natural and cathartic. I can not tell you how many times I have had a bad experience of one sort or the other, exited the game and came to the forums. I pound out a longwinded rant/whine then step away for a bit. I never post them but I do feel better afterwards. Keep your chin up, it is just a game!

• Cool 1

[FARQD]
Members
446 posts
6,708 battles

Now I have to create another thread. "Quit whining about in-game chat whiners and cry babies" :D

Edited by sansfaille
  • Funny 2

[O_O]
Members
4,619 posts
10,031 battles
2 hours ago, FlashTX1 said:

What happened to GL HF?  I use to see it at the start of every game from multiple players.  Now you NEVER see it above T5, yes I know someone hit's F10...I think it's F10, anyway whatever key it is for have a good game.  But it's rare and even rarer shared with the other team.  We have to keep the game fun and civil so we can all enjoy it!

I don't say GLHF, anymore.

I frequently type, "Reds, may your powder be wet and your torpedoes limp!"

That usually sparks a bit of friendly banter.

• Funny 1

[ZR]
Beta Testers
57 posts
7,092 battles

High tier is getting flooded with more and more potatoes. Honestly makes sense why people would be more and more salty. 

• Cool 4

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,963 posts
18,841 battles
1 minute ago, PotatoSquad said:

High tier is getting flooded with more and more potatoes. Honestly makes sense why people would be more and more salty. 

People have been making this argument since I started playing two years ago. New players are always an issue since we seem to have such a high turnover rate and poor retention numbers. Very few players stay in the game long enough to "git gud".

[ZR]
Beta Testers
57 posts
7,092 battles

I'd argue it wasn't as bad before. With high tier content getting heavily pushed by WG along with the addition of permacamos that allow people to essentially play T10s for free, high tier is infested with way too many players (which means a larger concentration of potatoes) 

• Cool 4

[T-RIP]
Members
1,188 posts
8,644 battles
Just now, PotatoSquad said:

high tier is infested with way too many players

Exactly as WG has intended it to be. ... But I doubt many play there for free.

• Cool 1

Members
167 posts
2,890 battles

There is a difference between constructive criticism and being an [edited]/cryer. Most people that [edited], especially when the game is almost over are just that [edited] worthless whiners and i don't care how many games they have played. 

• Cool 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,877 posts
11,483 battles

Personally I don't mind people having a cry in the chat, it adds to the entertainment while I move positions and dakka dakka more at people lighting fires, making them cry even more, but the best part I have always liked that no matter where you are, you have managed to upset a complete stranger somewhere else in the world.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[SIDE]
Members
1,316 posts
9,325 battles
3 hours ago, FlashTX1 said:

Two games played and both filled with whiners and cry babies this early morning!  It's a game, it's meant to be fun!!!  If you aren't having fun, QUIT PLAYING!!!!  You don't have to ruin the game for everyone else just because you feel someone pi**** in your Wheaties!!!!  :Smile-angry:

Two games was all I could stomach and I stopped to come vent a little.  Unfortunately the whiners and crybabies will probably never read this..............or not.  :Smile_coin:

What happened to GL HF?  I use to see it at the start of every game from multiple players.  Now you NEVER see it above T5, yes I know someone hit's F10...I think it's F10, anyway whatever key it is for have a good game.  But it's rare and even rarer shared with the other team.  We have to keep the game fun and civil so we can all enjoy it!  So, if you feel the need to whine or cry do it here where someone can choose to read it or ignore it and not keep looking to see if it's an important message!  :Smile_playing:

Okay, ironic post is over as I'm done whining about people needing to stop whining.   LOL  :Smile_facepalm:

Maybe it's just me, but I find the 'good luck' etc automatic canned comments as a missed opportunity. I mean if you actually type it out, then fine, but some of the canned comments need to be re-worked to actually be useful. 

[BRZKR]
[BRZKR]
Members
431 posts

Because of the bad teams I have seen in the game, I always try to make a division with two of my clanmates. That way, there is a reduced chance of getting bad players on the team.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
338 posts
10,373 battles

Add in the Karma system where the whiners start to hit other players they don't like with negatives.  Maybe it's the summer captains but I've been seeing more whining and saltiness in randoms, co-op, and scenarios. It's usually the same thing regardless: a captain yolo charges the enemy and then blames the team for not following him in his suicidal charge. Blame is placed on the DDs for not spotting, the CAs for not supporting, the BBs for not moving up sooner, and the CVs for not having twenty squadrons of fighters over them. 

h3A7A53B5

I wish people would just relax and play the game like a game. If you have a bad team, or a team you perceive to be bad, just shrug it off and try again. 

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
1,316 posts
9,325 battles
2 minutes ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

Add in the Karma system where the whiners start to hit other players they don't like with negatives.  Maybe it's the summer captains but I've been seeing more whining and saltiness in randoms, co-op, and scenarios. It's usually the same thing regardless: a captain yolo charges the enemy and then blames the team for not following him in his suicidal charge. Blame is placed on the DDs for not spotting, the CAs for not supporting, the BBs for not moving up sooner, and the CVs for not having twenty squadrons of fighters over them. 

h3A7A53B5

I wish people would just relax and play the game like a game. If you have a bad team, or a team you perceive to be bad, just shrug it off and try again. 

Yes, but there are people who like to be competitive, myself included, and at higher tiers you should expect some level of competency. Yes, people make mistakes, that's fine, it happens...but if it's a constant thing, then it's time to re-assess and realize your skill set needs some work and you should try lower tiers. Once you get better there, then move up. If not, expect to receive some flak.

• Cool 1

[BRZKR]
[BRZKR]
Members
431 posts
9 minutes ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

h3A7A53B5

Yesterday, my clanmate and I had a tier 7 game where he shot down 35 planes. He told me that the enemy CV player kept on bringing his planes over his battleship. What's more, the CV player wasn't even attacking my clanmate; he was just doing a flyby.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
338 posts
10,373 battles
1 minute ago, _Rumple_ said:

Yes, but there are people who like to be competitive, myself included, and at higher tiers you should expect some level of competency. Yes, people make mistakes, that's fine, it happens...but if it's a constant thing, then it's time to re-assess and realize your skill set needs some work and you should try lower tiers. Once you get better there, then move up. If not, expect to receive some flak.

I suppose my question would be: Who determines when a player is competent? Super Unicums look down on Unicums who look down on ......you see where I'm going. It's a free to play game so you're going to get free to play players. I see ranked and clan battles as the competitive scene with randoms the next step down. I understand that everyone wants to win, or at least most people want to win, but in this kind of game, to me anyway, I'm not going to get all bent out of shape when I don't win. I'm not going to call people names or start map pinging player's location when I think they're making mistakes. 

Regardless, thanks for the reply.

[TRC]
Members
66 posts
9,219 battles

@FlashTX1,

I feel your pain...deeply.

One distant, shiny point of light....schools start back up soon (they have down here).

I can only imagine that some of those you're posting about waited too long and couldn't get the backpack they really, really wanted and this has made them cranky.

Soon my friend, soon.....we will have our mornings back!

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,131 posts
13,472 battles

I rarely see a battle that there is no whining or curt pompous overbearing knuckle heads demanding others to do this or that and deriding them if they don't comply. Since I rarely see the same players who do this in multiple matches but rather multiple players doing this in multiple matches if they were all to quit our numbers would decrease greatly. So to you whinners yes please leave so we can enjoy the Good Luck Have Fun that we came here for. 

By the way if not to have fun Why the Heck are you here any way?

@Jolly_Rodgered None of us have the right to determine another's competency but it is easily recognized and the curt pompous overbearing here will point out a lack of with derision  or an abundance of with cries of Cheat, Hack etc! In either case they are displaying a lack of competence at being civil to others!

[SALVO]
Members
17,700 posts
18,486 battles
2 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

I don't say GLHF, anymore.

I frequently type, "Reds, may your powder be wet and your torpedoes limp!"

That usually sparks a bit of friendly banter.

I prefer telling my team mates to "kick butt and take names".  Or perhaps the more timely "kick names and take butt".

[NG-NL]
Members
5,108 posts
8,510 battles

It's better to threaten to tear off their ship's stern and ram them with it :cap_haloween:

[USCGC]
Members
134 posts
8,969 battles

I don't put much in the chat but when I do I type it out.  I like "let's kick butt" or something or "sorry" if I run into someone while turning.  I'll throw out compliments for nice shots every now and then as well.

Members
21 posts
339 battles

For the last 6 months there has been an inordinate number of players in tiers 8-10 that have less than 300 battles overall.  This is what is ruining the game play.

People who pull out the "It's a game. Just have fun" trope fail to recognise that fun, to a lot of people, is at least being given the opportunity to play well and maybe win.  When you are on a team of people with less than 300 battles total (incl co-op) in a tier 10 match you don't even get a chance to play well.

• Cool 1

Members
28 posts
4,779 battles

When you have a couple of hours to play and happens to encounter about 50% of your teams are horrendous, not bad, horrendous, well, I'm gonna complain. Specially if in the 1st min of the battle you say in chat, look team, this is what is gonna happen, look out, don't do that; and like 5 min later, that is exactly what happened, I'm gonna complain more, and if on top on that, your teammates say "I don't care", well... that is when the fun stops, yeah, games are supposed to be fun, but when stupids and idiots starts to screw it, a lot of ppl gonna complain. Why bother to play then?