You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
monpetitloup

Black Swan Super Nerf: Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

50 comments in this topic

[VW]
Members
2,785 posts
15,077 battles

why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

seriously he for black swan, cause that leads into the rest of the line how?

so much for tier 1 ranked!

Game Balance Changes

For British Tier I cruiser Black Swan, the guns’ reload time has been increased from 3 to 4 seconds. AP shells have been replaced by HE shells:

• Initial shell velocity — 811 m/s; maximum damage — 750; chances of causing fire — 6%.

Since the cruiser’s shells have typical British ricochet angles and a high firing rate, she has gained the reputation of being the best duel ship of her Tier. The changes are designed to reduce her effectiveness, making her less attractive for experienced players, but maintaining comfort for beginners.

[CRMSN]
Members
8,325 posts
8,878 battles

I mean, they already said why they were doing it, and you even quoted them in your post. Anyway, you only played 12 pvp rounds in it, I'm not sure why you're so upset about the change.

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles

So the swan has/had at least a FULL second of reload ahead of anyone else in the tree at that level if not closer to 2 full seconds.

And people didn't expect this to get adjusted? I'm failing to agree with the faux outrage/troll here.

Oh noes I can no longer hardcore seal club in the best tier 1.

/shrug

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,614 posts
7,614 battles

Because Black Swan was horribly overperforming, combining a fast rate of fire, powerful Shells, a favorable gun layout and a lot of hp.

[VW]
Members
2,785 posts
15,077 battles
1 hour ago, SireneRacker said:

Because Black Swan was horribly overperforming, combining a fast rate of fire, powerful Shells, a favorable gun layout and a lot of hp.

yes, it was indeed fun to play!

2 hours ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I mean, they already said why they were doing it, and you even quoted them in your post. Anyway, you only played 12 pvp rounds in it, I'm not sure why you're so upset about the change.

the ship was fun to play, now it'll just be plain old boring.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
21,194 posts
14,770 battles

My only question is, why did it take so long.

• Cool 7

[POP]
Members
1,391 posts
16,344 battles

People have been T1 clubbing in that thing since shortly after its release … seriously this has been a long tine coming.

[ARGSY]
Members
12,321 posts
7,848 battles

And now that it has HE, even with the reduced rate of fire its six barrels (and ability to bow tank with four, compared to two of every other T1 ship) are potentially going to make it the Mini-Me to the Conqueror instead of the Minotaur.

I won't be sure until I've played it, but I have the funny feeling that Wargaming has literally unleashed Hell on Tier 1.

• Funny 1

[TWGGF]
[TWGGF]
Members
116 posts
1,338 battles

I was thinking about get and try out later but now nah I am not interested in nerfing ship.

• Funny 1

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles

Oh come on you last 2 posters... I don't want to have to change my avatar to a seal too. The subliminal nature of that deserves some rare +1s from me.

[O_O]
Members
5,232 posts
11,966 battles

It's tier 1.  Who cares?  Play your one or two games in it and advance to tier 2 and beyond.

Oh, right.  We have a group of players who have thousands of games in Black Swan.  Hmmm, why do you think that is?  Grossly OP, perhaps?  It allowed highly experienced players with 19 pt captains to mop up anything else at tier 1...and it was shamefully common.

Needed fixin'.

• Cool 3

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
6,550 posts
16,537 battles

I used it in PT 7.8 and didn't notice the changes at all It kicked butt before and still does.

Members
1,484 posts
9,672 battles

Hopefully, but probably not in reality, it will encourage people to move upward in tier. 

To me, it's like playing co-op. The only reason I am there is for the 15 easy wins at T10 for legendary mod progression. Being unicum there, at least for me, has no meaning at all. I play my 15 games(trying to get ten T10 ships the new mod) then leave, and hope I haven't interfered too much with the newer players who are still learning or who actually find it fun.

[ARGSY]
Members
12,321 posts
7,848 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

It allowed highly experienced players with 19 pt captains to mop up anything else at tier 1...and it was shamefully common.

You do know, don't you, that baby seals are sheltered from this lot? I can remember playing my first Random matches against a team of bots with all bots on my side.

The only ones who get the nasty surprise are the mid-tier seal-clubbers who THINK they're going to be able to beat up on Tier 1 newbies, only to find themselves getting savaged by long-term T1 players who have 4 million XP on their ships and 19 point captains that were grown in situ, the slow and hard way, rather than being brought down from higher tiers. IIRC, @theLaalaa's 19-point Black Swan captain started in the ship and never left it. So your accusation is misguided at best.

The other thing about the Black Swan as she was is that the AP is only murderously OP IF you have a broadside or near-broadside that you can get a citadel on, and IF your marksmanship is up to the task.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

[-RNG-]
Members
260 posts
5,750 battles

I am not sure what surprises me more. That anyone cares that they nerfed a T1 ship or that there are people actually seal clubbing T1 matches. 

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
5,232 posts
11,966 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You do know, don't you, that baby seals are sheltered from this lot? I can remember playing my first Random matches against a team of bots with all bots on my side.

Brand new-bies, yes.  I don't recall how many games or what player level it takes to get out of the sand box protection, but I don't think it lasts long.

However, how many tech tree lines are there?  So a player plays a few lines up to T2-3, then starts a new line at T1.  He is no longer protected, but far from an experienced player.  There are also a lot of infrequent players who also are not very experienced, and they still dabble around in low tiers.

Members
383 posts
4,165 battles

I suspect the Swan will get another nerf later on...I think it might be even better with the new shells.  Maybe fewer cits, but the fires!

[ARGSY]
Members
12,321 posts
7,848 battles
4 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Brand new-bies, yes.  I don't recall how many games or what player level it takes to get out of the sand box protection, but I don't think it lasts long.

However, how many tech tree lines are there?  So a player plays a few lines up to T2-3, then starts a new line at T1.  He is no longer protected, but far from an experienced player.  There are also a lot of infrequent players who also are not very experienced, and they still dabble around in low tiers.

There are seal-clubbers at all tiers, whether they be there for the bullying or for climbing new lines (e.g. UK destroyers coming up). Without torpedoes, and with detonations extremely unlikely, death is less immediate and mistakes more forgiving at Tier 1 than any other. Plus there are no service costs, so the newbie who gets handed his head in the first two minutes isn't going to suffer the way they would if they bought a Tirpitz and charged in at Tier VIII against Tier X veterans.

[ARGSY]
Members
12,321 posts
7,848 battles
1 minute ago, 1dennistt said:

I suspect the Swan will get another nerf later on...I think it might be even better with the new shells.  Maybe fewer cits, but the fires!

Back to AP, LOL.

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,037 posts

I actually can understand and appreciate folks' desire to play the most basic ship (T1) in the game until it's like a surgeon's scalpel in their hands. There is a beauty in mastering something basic, uncomplicated to such a high degree which goes beyond just playing the game. It also serves to illustrate to others the finest points of driving a ship about... 

Sure it's brutal, but those who survive are the better for having played at that level. 

What I'm not so sure about is the introduction of HE to the ship... did they feel it necessary to offset the (apparent) kick in the nether regions needed to "un-OP" the ship? Is it a sledgehammer when all it needed was a quarter pound hammer? 

I have to try it out, get the stuffing kicked out of me to see if it's really terribad now! 

Edited by Herr_Reitz
typos
  • Cool 1

Members
1,484 posts
9,672 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

There are seal-clubbers at all tiers, whether they be there for the bullying or for climbing new lines (e.g. UK destroyers coming up). Without torpedoes, and with detonations extremely unlikely, death is less immediate and mistakes more forgiving at Tier 1 than any other. Plus there are no service costs, so the newbie who gets handed his head in the first two minutes isn't going to suffer the way they would if they bought a Tirpitz and charged in at Tier VIII against Tier X veterans.

They may not have to pay out, but there is discouragement. A relatively new player shouldn't have to face 19pt captains in a ship that was, and probably still is, OP. It's going to happen anyway, but at that level of ship, they all need to be close in armament, hp etc to have some semblance of fairness.

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,724 posts
10,095 battles
3 hours ago, SireneRacker said:

All WG had to do was give back AP rounds to other t1s.

• Cool 3

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
274 posts
11,624 battles

I just played 5 games in co-op on the new release.  I got 7 cits in all and managed about 9K damage per battle.  I played somewhat conservatively since most of my teammates were bots and I like to use the bots to tank damage.  LOL.

I'm no LWM reviewer, but the only thing that was a bit frustrating with the slower rate of fire.  The HE will obviously cit when you hit the right place on the boat, not as good as before IMO,  but since everything you shoot starts burning the damage is still good.

The bots were not set up with the strong AI as on the PTS.  Maybe they are a bit more skilled, but they are still potatoes waiting to be sliced and fried.

I'll play her in Randoms tonight (perhaps with some flags to help set even more fires) and report back.