You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

Thanks for the Go Navy! Event

20 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
10,511 posts
29,410 battles

Been reading these threads about people unhappy with Go Navy! and not getting them. I thought it was great. Got a ton of free stuff, coal, flags, and camos. Got a nifty permanent camo for my  DM. I can even use the coal to get still more free stuff. Free stuff is good! I had goals every day to try and reach, and I could reach them either in Coop or in Randoms. For a month it enlivened the game for me.

I'd just like to say thanks. It was an excellent event, lots of fun, and rewarding. How things should be. Good work, WG.

• Cool 3

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,851 posts
21,057 battles

I think the complaints about the event were the same ones we had about the Clash of Elements event and how the Go Navy event ended when they removed the containers before players could decide to buy them to get the rewards they wanted. The other big complaint was just how stupid looking the permanent camos looked. Players like the idea of earning a camo especially for high tier ships, many just found them repugnant to look at. I liked the event only because I wanted to farm coal and oil, the rest of the stuff was "meh". IMHO they learned nothing from Clash and pulling the containers early was just beyond stupid.

• Cool 1

[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,276 posts
12,292 battles
59 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Got a nifty permanent camo for my  DM

dont tell me you didnt get the other perm camo for the worcester?

[O7]
Members
1,170 posts
14,474 battles

the sheer amount of FREE stuff we got out of this event is insane. Worcester perma camo, DM/Salem perma camo, tens of thousands of coal, regardless of the landslide sharks W, this event was a huge win for the playerbase.

• Cool 1

[PMWC]
Members
1 post
4,016 battles

My biggest complaint was not rewarding the players who decided to forego the one extra container a day and stay Eagles. Just imagine if every player in the game had gone Sharks to be greedy.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,851 posts
21,057 battles
8 minutes ago, Tacofryer said:

My biggest complaint was not rewarding the players who decided to forego the one extra container a day and stay Eagles. Just imagine if every player in the game had gone Sharks to be greedy.

I kind of wonder what would have happened if everyone went over to the winning side after a couple of days... The only real competition in the whole event was for the leaderboards though, on both teams. Once you were there, the real competition was against your fellow team mates, not the other team.

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles

I really didn't care about being on the winning team. I had 11 "wins" finishing the day as a shark. And was there a grand prize for the sharks?

[REEF]
Beta Testers
855 posts
9,451 battles

I hope the award for loyalty is nice for being on the losing team every day.  I had fun!

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,152 posts
22,257 battles
1 hour ago, Tacofryer said:

The reward is the tokens from the loyality. You could make 195 in one team. Or 290 if you changed after maxing out to the other team. Loyality gave you much more rewards then just the container.

[INTEL]
Members
10,511 posts
29,410 battles
17 hours ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

dont tell me you didnt get the other perm camo for the worcester?

No plans to play Worchester in Randoms since high ROF ships degrade the game environment, so I didn't get that one. That garish camo is ugly as heck, and I couldnt stand to look at another frankly. A simple subdued and classy red, white, and blue scheme would have been fine.

Members
105 posts
7,538 battles

I also got the camo for the Des Moines because I don't have the Worchester yet.  I'll probably get in the next month but I don't like getting a permanent camo that isn't going to get used immediately.  

I also want to add that I liked this event.  It wasn't too serious, just good fun and it was nice to earn some extra coal and camo.  

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,851 posts
21,057 battles
Just now, Dath_1 said:

I also enjoyed the ingame missions.

I actually liked those too and hope they become a regular occurrence in the game giving a bit of extra xp, free xp, or credits. It definitely breaks up the monotony of the grind. They are almost like mini achievements, really need to add those to all modes in the game.

• Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
10,511 posts
29,410 battles
15 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

I actually liked those too and hope they become a regular occurrence in the game giving a bit of extra xp, free xp, or credits. It definitely breaks up the monotony of the grind. They are almost like mini achievements, really need to add those to all modes in the game.

Excellent idea. Except for spot nine torps. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,851 posts
21,057 battles
1 minute ago, Taichunger said:

LOL I hated the spotting torps missions, always got them when using a CV and found them impossible to accomplish. If the bots are launching torps, you are failing.... I actually tried spotting them in one game and it almost cost the human team the match. I find blowing up torp carrying ships and shooting torpedo planes before they launch a superior tactic.

[4HIM]
Members
2,439 posts
7,740 battles
55 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

A simple subdued and classy red, white, and blue scheme would have been fine.

This.  I would have been more enthused about chasing a camo if it didn't look like it was dragged out of a Tim Burton fantasy.  I was glad to get the additional camos and things.  I appreciate the chance to earn them.  But I didn't put in a big effort to get a second.  I was out of town for several days.  And given the garish nature of the perma-camo, I wasn't going to buy crates to get a second one.  Had the camo been something more classy, even a loose interpretation of a historic camo in white/gray/black, I'd probably have invested more into it.  Not knocking the 'free' camo.  But I just wish they'd stop putting out these that make the ship look like a calliope.  Heck, one reason I have no interest in Roma is because the only way it will print credits is if you rock that hideous beer can abomination.  

• Cool 1

[4HIM]
Members
2,439 posts
7,740 battles
10 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Yeah, the times I had that one, there was only one or two torp botes on the red team.  Most times also spawning on the far side of the map.  

[O_O]
Members
5,244 posts
12,019 battles

The camo with sharks, eagles, and "Don't tread on me" plastered on the sides are beyond hideous.  Hard pass, regardless of perks.  Even the Metropolis Stars and Stripes camo is hard to look at, but I did end up getting that for Des Moines.  At least most of the new camo coming in 0.7.8 look nice.  :cap_like:

The rest of the event was very nice.  A lot of free camo, coal and signals is good by me.  A lot of players (Eagles) seemed to get irritated the Eagles could never "win", but that only cost them one container per day.  They could have switched sides...it wasn't like the writing on the wall was hard to read after the first day or two.

Edited by desmo_2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,851 posts
21,057 battles
22 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

This.  I would have been more enthused about chasing a camo if it didn't look like it was dragged out of a Tim Burton fantasy.  I was glad to get the additional camos and things.  I appreciate the chance to earn them.  But I didn't put in a big effort to get a second.  I was out of town for several days.  And given the garish nature of the perma-camo, I wasn't going to buy crates to get a second one.  Had the camo been something more classy, even a loose interpretation of a historic camo in white/gray/black, I'd probably have invested more into it.  Not knocking the 'free' camo.  But I just wish they'd stop putting out these that make the ship look like a calliope.  Heck, one reason I have no interest in Roma is because the only way it will print credits is if you rock that hideous beer can abomination.  

I absolutely hate it as well. Don't mind a bit of gaudiness but the stuff they are making now is just over the top. IMHO an elegant solution would be to offer two camos, one obnoxious one like they have been making and one a more standard look that a good deal of the player base would not mind using on a ship. Both could have the same bonuses and that way the players could decide what looks best. It would also give them a metric to see where the player base was with their over the top crap by tracking how many are using it compared to the standard looking ones. It is that simple.

• Cool 1