Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Xantek

How Ranked Should Be Done

76 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

70
[NLIST]
Members
129 posts
9,228 battles

Rank 23-16: Tier VI (Irrevocable at Rank 20)

Rank 15-11: Tier VII (Irrevocable at Rank 15 

Rank 10-6: Tier VIII  (Irrevocable at Rank 10)

Rank 5-2: Tier X

Because you need players (especially newer players) to feel comortable starting the season with ships most players possess instead of throwing them into a raging war before they even own high tier ships. Ranked should be a progressive experience ladder...not a Clan Battles after party.

Edited by Xantek
  • Cool 32

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
263
[PT8TO]
[PT8TO]
Members
472 posts
14,939 battles

Too bad WG flooded tier 7 and 8 with premiums manned by players with no business playing any higher than tier 6.

Ranked season is always coupled with a new premium release to sucker more noobs into the fray. This is how WG markets its products.

Lookin' at you, HMS Cossack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
696
[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles

Sounds like a plan, I'm sure the "new players" would love getting spanked by T6 premiums with 19 pt captains in them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
70
[NLIST]
Members
129 posts
9,228 battles

Don't forget that veterans will not see the lower ranks...that's the point of regaining the stars from the previous season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
70
[NLIST]
Members
129 posts
9,228 battles
14 minutes ago, AbyssAngkor said:

Too bad WG flooded tier 7 and 8 with premiums manned by players with no business playing any higher than tier 6.

Ranked season is always coupled with a new premium release to sucker more noobs into the fray. This is how WG markets its products.

Lookin' at you, HMS Cossack.

Then they will waste their time and money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
70
[NLIST]
Members
129 posts
9,228 battles
3 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I kinda like this idea, though I'd go with T9 from 5-2, and then 10 at Rank 1.

I think the poor Izumo's and Iowa's will not have a good time lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
90
[HIT]
Members
157 posts
8,073 battles

One thing is certain: they should be cycling through different tiers every season and go as low as tier 4 or 5.

We deserve to see how ships perform throughout the tiers having to face only same tier opponents. As kind of a sick joke only the tier 1 fanboys get that perk right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,105
[CRMSN]
Members
8,337 posts
8,908 battles
2 minutes ago, Xantek said:

I think the poor Izumo's and Iowa's will not have a good time lol

It'll help with the grind to T10, however, which is a good thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
70
[NLIST]
Members
129 posts
9,228 battles
4 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

It'll help with the grind to T10, however, which is a good thing.

It'll be good for grinding...if you don't get spammed by: MO's, Blacks, Musashi's, Jean Bart's, etc..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,105
[CRMSN]
Members
8,337 posts
8,908 battles
2 minutes ago, Xantek said:

It'll be good for grinding...if you don't get spammed by: MO's, Blacks, Musashi's, Jean Bart's, etc..

Well, those players will either learn, or stop playing Ranked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,086
[NLIST]
Beta Testers
1,376 posts
13,413 battles

+1 to you Xantek - I understand the economic benefit to WG of having people using gold and fxp to speed a grind to tier 10, but it's too much.  Tier's 6-8 have some fun and interesting ships that would be fun to use in a competitive setting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,038
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,855 posts
21,061 battles

I really love this idea, it would no doubt get more people into Ranked at the lower tiers, give a reason for players to grind up the tiers, and IMHO be just loads of fun. Just the assortment of ships to play would be mind boggling over the course of the season that almost no player could complain about not being able to use their favorite ships. Really well thought out Xantek!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
70
[NLIST]
Members
129 posts
9,228 battles
36 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

+1 to you Xantek - I understand the economic benefit to WG of having people using gold and fxp to speed a grind to tier 10, but it's too much.  Tier's 6-8 have some fun and interesting ships that would be fun to use in a competitive setting.

 

26 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I really love this idea, it would no doubt get more people into Ranked at the lower tiers, give a reason for players to grind up the tiers, and IMHO be just loads of fun. Just the assortment of ships to play would be mind boggling over the course of the season that almost no player could complain about not being able to use their favorite ships. Really well thought out Xantek!

Thanks, I agree! It's like WG are selling us all these toys only for us to sore them in the closet. Premium ships needs an outlet regardless of who buys them.

To be honest, Ranked is showing it's repetitiveness with the same ships and same meta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32
[ISLA]
Beta Testers
367 posts
8,376 battles
1 hour ago, Xantek said:

Rank 23-16: Tier VI (Irrevocable at Rank 20)

Rank 15-11: Tier VII (Irrevocable at Rank 15 

Rank 10-6: Tier VIII  (Irrevocable at Rank 10)

Rank 5-2: Tier X

Because you need players (especially newer players) to feel comortable starting the season with ships most players possess instead of throwing them into a raging war before they even own high tier ships. Ranked should be a progressive experience ladder...not a Clan Battles after party.

Ranked game play is not suited for new play period.  and I don't think it should be.  new players should be working on learning core game skills in randoms before hoping into ranked battles.  the last season was a good start.  T8 until rank 10 then t10 until you rank out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
70
[NLIST]
Members
129 posts
9,228 battles
28 minutes ago, pinkship9001 said:

Irrevocable rank 10 was the worst thing they ever did to ranked, and I'm thrilled that they realized the mistake and put it back at 12

Why tho? rank 10 is fine. 12 feels too far away if you're having losing streaks to the point of demoralization...at least in rank 10, you'd still have hope and time to re-evaluate your gameplay. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
414 posts
2 minutes ago, Xantek said:

Why tho? rank 10 is fine. 12 feels too far away if you're having losing streaks to the point of demoralization...at least in rank 10, you'd still have hope and time to re-evaluate your gameplay. 

because R10-R6 got bloated with horrible players that failed their way up there, then were stuck there for the rest of the season. That's why in most games, there would be like 3 players on your team with WRs in the 40%s. Making 12 the irrecovable rank lets them fall back to where they belong

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
70
[NLIST]
Members
129 posts
9,228 battles
3 minutes ago, DeadIyArT said:

Ranked game play is not suited for new play period.  and I don't think it should be.  new players should be working on learning core game skills in randoms before hoping into ranked battles.  the last season was a good start.  T8 until rank 10 then t10 until you rank out.

Well, new players will want in anyways... who are we to tell them they shouldn't play ranked? Would you prefer them trying out ranked in T8-T10 ships? 

Randoms is randoms and ranked is ranked...they gotta start gaining experience somewhere. Certainly not at T10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32
[ISLA]
Beta Testers
367 posts
8,376 battles
2 minutes ago, Xantek said:

Well, new players will want in anyways... who are we to tell them they shouldn't play ranked? Would you prefer them trying out ranked in T8-T10 ships? 

Randoms is randoms and ranked is ranked...they gotta start gaining experience somewhere. Certainly not at T10.

And that why they should play randoms.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
70
[NLIST]
Members
129 posts
9,228 battles
5 minutes ago, pinkship9001 said:

because R10-R6 got bloated with horrible players that failed their way up there, then were stuck there for the rest of the season. That's why in most games, there would be like 3 players on your team with WRs in the 40%s. Making 12 the irrecovable rank lets them fall back to where they belong

That's not how we treat our customers, sir. There are 40% players who have ranked out...

That is why it should be T8...

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,105
[CRMSN]
Members
8,337 posts
8,908 battles
9 minutes ago, Xantek said:

That's not how we treat our customers, sir. There are 40% players who have ranked out...

That is why it should be T8...

Someone upvote this man, I'm out of them. :(

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
414 posts
8 minutes ago, Xantek said:

That's not how we treat our customers, sir. There are 40% players who have ranked out...

That is why it should be T8...

and if they're good enough to rank out, then they don't need a safety net at R10. Irrevocable R10 is treating every other customer worse who has to deal with them all indefinitely in the second league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
5,579 posts
6,326 battles
33 minutes ago, pinkship9001 said:

because R10-R6 got bloated with horrible players that failed their way up there, then were stuck there for the rest of the season. That's why in most games, there would be like 3 players on your team with WRs in the 40%s. Making 12 the irrecovable rank lets them fall back to where they belong

It also makes it so players that are in the middle of a yo-yo rank wise fall in and out of two different leagues. It makes progress beyond frustrating because you end up playing against two different sets of players. The yo-yo-ing also generally causes players to stop playing all together, which means even less players in ranked queue. Plus, the more people yo-yo in and out of the R10-6 league, the less players there are for R6 players to play with to push into the first league.

Irrevocable at R10 was fine. Did players fail their way up there? Yes. But having them stuck in the R10-6 league is a better option, in my opinion, than having the R10-6 league barren of players because everyone either yo-yo's in and out and/or quits because of it or the lack of players in queue.

Edited by GhostSwordsman
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
842
[VW]
Members
2,806 posts
15,139 battles
1 hour ago, pinkship9001 said:

Irrevocable rank 10 was the worst thing they ever did to ranked, and I'm thrilled that they realized the mistake and put it back at 12

Only too true. I think it should be at rank 15 though.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×