You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AMajor

Is it my imagination or did the CVs come back in Co-Op play?

8 comments in this topic

[DBM]
Members
436 posts
5,908 battles

Been playing Coop in my USN dds tonight as a tune-up since I've been away for a few days.  Every single game has had a CV in it.  Something new with this upgrade in Co-Op play?  Not complaining mind you since I tend to run defensive fire.  Just melted some planes in my Gearing, Fletcher, and Benson.  I can't remember having CVs in every game, at least not for awhile.

[WOLF6]
Members
769 posts
4,893 battles

It’s been that way for a few updates.

it sucks because the red bot CV is better than the green bot CV

Edited by wtfovr
  • Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
3,889 posts

I've been seeing them often for a while, now- hence why I still use AA builds on my ships!  (free points and credits are free)

Imo, it's likely because they are tired of the constant verbal abuse; report system abuse; and the Pacific ocean-sized skill gap between the Good CV players and everyone else that afflict Randoms.  Plus, there's only 1 CV per team and it matches yours.  So no getting seal clubbed by an IJN or Graf Zeppelin whilst in your tech tree USN CV...

[PVE]
Members
15,368 posts
10,169 battles
2 minutes ago, AMajor said:

Been playing Coop in my USN dds tonight as a tune-up since I've been away for a few days.  Every single game has had a CV in it.  Something new with this upgrade in Co-Op play?  Not complaining mind you since I tend to run defensive fire.  Just melted some planes in my Gearing, Fletcher, and Benson.  I can't remember having CVs in every game, at least not for awhile.

If a spot needs to be filled in a co-op game, it used to be filled only with bot DDs and cruisers. But about 3-4 patches back, bot BBs and CVs were added in as green bot options as well. I see a fair amount of CVs in co-op. Not only bots, but from those of us who don't want to inflict our poor PvP CV play on unsuspecting PvP teams, so we play CV in co-op.

[DBM]
Members
436 posts
5,908 battles

OK, not new, but not constant either among the tiers.  Just played a game in my Sims (training up my higher tiered captains) and no CV.  Can't remember the last time in PvE in the Sims that I had a CV

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

I cant say for sure about Co-Op but in low tier Randoms it seems like there's 2 CVs per team in every other battle.  

[DBM]
Members
436 posts
5,908 battles

Just finished a Random game in my Monaghan - another no show for the CV

[_-_]
Members
2,150 posts
1 hour ago, wtfovr said:

It’s been that way for a few updates.

it sucks because the red bot CV is better than the green bot CV

The red bot CV's are better than most of the green humans too.

We'll see what bot tweaks from PTS make it into 7.8 tomorrow..

AA-spec is pretty much SOP in mid to high tier Co-op now, because you will see an awful lot (and a lot of awful) carriers.

• Cool 1