You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
clowlock

Now that we're getting the T9-10 IJN gunboats is there any chance T7 and below also get to become gunboats?

9 comments in this topic

Members
1,430 posts
3,417 battles

Title says it all, Shiratsuyu is probably a good example of a ship where i'll gladly trade TRB for better guns, considering how much better the Akatsuki is.

Also because having IJN gunboats in the lower tiers would be very fun.

(and of course because it would make sense that the gunboat line would be gunboats all the way to get people used to the playstyle, but WG isn't about decisions that make sense now is it? :Smile_teethhappy:please don't ban me.)

[ZR]
Members
984 posts
12,146 battles

Meh other lines are inconsistent too and its just an alternate branch not a "gunboat line".

Shira is fine.

[CRMSN]
Members
8,276 posts
8,747 battles

You can already build most of them into gunboats with the right mods and skills. They're meant to be torp botes, even the "gun" part of the line, so, they won't be rebuilding them.

Members
3,042 posts
1,921 battles
2 minutes ago, MountainManxDan said:

Meh other lines are inconsistent too and its just an alternate branch not a "gunboat line".

Shira is fine.

Except for the fact that WG literally called it that.

[ZR]
Members
984 posts
12,146 battles
8 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

Except for the fact that WG literally called it that.

I don't remember seeing that anywhere. This what WG officially announced for it.

1. Stealthy, multipurpose ships -- good at main caliber gunfire and torpedo attacks

2. Destroyers with fewer, longer-range torpedoes 

Edited by MountainManxDan
  • Cool 1

Members
3,042 posts
1,921 battles
3 minutes ago, MountainManxDan said:

I don't remember seeing that anywhere. This what WG officially announced for it.

1. Stealthy, multipurpose ships -- good at main caliber gunfire and torpedo attacks

Which they really aren't until Akizuki. Even Akatsuki has better guns than Shiratsuyu. Hatsuhara's guns aren't good enough compared to Fubuki's to justify her having less torps, either.

[FAE]
Members
2,350 posts
2,886 battles
6 minutes ago, MountainManxDan said:

ships is also plural.  And this IJN side branch is not good at main caliber gunfire until T8 by any comparison of hard facts and stat data. 

Now, if they meant that there will be ships now post-Akizuki, plural, then I would honestly say that they did satisfy what they said. As much as I think the t5-7 ships in the IJN are completely similar and not really much different from the main branch. 

[ZR]
Members
984 posts
12,146 battles
3 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

Which they really aren't until Akizuki. Even Akatsuki has better guns than Shiratsuyu. Hatsuhara's guns aren't good enough compared to Fubuki's to justify her having less torps, either.

They are still good on shira, plus she has other strong points.  Point is that they never said guboat line and there arent any real ijn ships that would fit the lower tiers for that role as far as I know.