Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ksix

Those Nights When You Cannot Win

3 comments in this topic

Members
572 posts
3,127 battles

Four straight losses of garbage teams. You know the ones, your dds camp their smoke and eat torps, not even 6 minutes in and half your team die. Fifth team tried to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory too but I wouldn't let them.

shot-18.08.21_21.26.39-0757.jpg

shot-18.08.21_21.26.43-0885.jpg

• Cool 1

Members
24 posts
2,951 battles

Have not seen many good CV captains in a very long time. Good to see we have one out there.

One question though. How does the new (not really) US CV changes affect the CV line? I havent really played the US CV's since before that change and have mainly played the IJN CV's. Just curious

Members
572 posts
3,127 battles

Im still learning. Only have a couple hundred battles. That said I pretty much straight up skipped Ranger and Lexington. Didn't have the credits to waste and didnt want to deal with 1 fighter as I got straight up stomped 2-3 times and had enough. I quite enjoyed Taiho and Essex though and now have Midway and Hak. I like Midway a bit more since its 1 less squad to micromanage and the squads themselves are stronger. The US fighter group also has double the loadout so it can lock planes and keep strafing while the Japanese groups will of had to of returned to re-arm. Actual HP difference is only a little over 100.

The US Torp planes are worth about 1.2 of the Japanese ones due to the higher damage output. They're noticeably slow but the two squads hit very hard.

And AP bombs are great in my opinion. Love straight up blapping cruisers rather than loitering around BBs trying to get a couple fires to stick. I've had a couple games where the last few ships were BB where Fire+Flood would of been better but for the most part AP has a bigger impact on the game.

Sign in to follow this