Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Joe_918145

I Played My Swan for the Last Time Tonight Before the Nerf

13 comments in this topic

Members
128 posts
6,187 battles

After learning that they were taking away the AP on the Black Swan I decided to go down to Tier 1 and play it with the guys tonight.  I've got to admit I'll miss seeing the Citadel ribbon come up so often, but I suppose WG is right in deciding that the ship is OP, especially against new players who don't know where to aim.  But I have always enjoyed driving the Swan even though my stats in it still suffer from the days when I was a newbie.  The ship has been a whole lot of fun and I hope it will continue to be so after the nerf.

I played three battles tonight.  I  got killed in the first and my team lost. I got killed in the second and my team won.  I survived the third battle, killed the guy that killed me in the first, and my team won.  I'll always take a 66.6% win rate even when I get carried some.  LOL!

BTW, if you've never played Tier 1 Random get a ship and go there on any evening.  The battles are not what you would expect, and most are nail biters until the end.  There are some super good players that focus on that tier and are quite good at playing the T1 boats.  The best part for me is the friendly chat and good sportsmanship these guys show.  Perhaps a few newbies get their clocks cleaned as I once did, but they don't have to suffer from heavy doses of salt in chat either.  I think the regulars in Tier 1 represent our community very well.

Come to think of it, I may head back down there tomorrow evening and see how the Swan handles with the new HE ammo.  Win or lose it will be a hoot.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
3,342 posts

I've found that both Bougainville and Cheng An are citadel monsters with their HE- if you know how to aim.   Black Swan with HE shouldn't have too much trouble.

It's pretty sad when they have to nerf a tier 1 because of dedicated seal clubbers.   They already nerfed the entire tier HARD once...

• Cool 1

Members
128 posts
6,187 battles
15 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

It's pretty sad when they have to nerf a tier 1 because of dedicated seal clubbers.   They already nerfed the entire tier HARD once...

I would not ever call these guys seal clubbers.  They drive boats they like, they have fun playing with and against each other, and they are good at their tier. Best of all they have fun playing the game which is why we are all here isn't it?  It is a shame there isn't a Tier 1 for experienced players and a Tier 1 for newbies.  

That said, newbies can learn a lot playing with these guys.  The only way to learn how to GIT GUD is to play with people who have DONE GOT GUD.  LOL!

[HINON]
Members
9,281 posts
1 hour ago, Joe_918145 said:

I would not ever call these guys seal clubbers.  They drive boats they like, they have fun playing with and against each other, and they are good at their tier. Best of all they have fun playing the game which is why we are all here isn't it?  It is a shame there isn't a Tier 1 for experienced players and a Tier 1 for newbies.  

That said, newbies can learn a lot playing with these guys.  The only way to learn how to GIT GUD is to play with people who have DONE GOT GUD.  LOL!

The brand new players are in a protected mm and do not see the experienced players.

• Cool 1

Members
128 posts
6,187 battles
6 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

The brand new players are in a protected mm and do not see the experienced players.

Ah!  That explains why you can grow old waiting for a match during off peak hours only to play a 3 boat game if you don't leave the queue.  It also explains why half the boats don't YOLO during the first minute of a match during the evenings.  Good info, thanks!  

Beta Testers
1,227 posts
8,640 battles
8 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

I've found that both Bougainville and Cheng An are citadel monsters with their HE- if you know how to aim.   Black Swan with HE shouldn't have too much trouble.

It's more sad you have clubbers in tier 1, but when you're daily challenge consists of remembering to put a straw in the bag you need to take it out on some stranger who isnt a complete loser I guess.

[ARGSY]
Members
7,055 posts
4,803 battles
9 hours ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Can we all take a brief moment of silence for @theLaalaa

You do realise he's going to burn the world down at Tier 1 now, don't you? Giving him HE is potentially the worst thing WOWS could have done. :Smile_izmena:

On another note, my last-ever game in AP Black Swan netted me SIX HUNDRED AND SIXTY SIX base experience. The Devil is in the details. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[-K-]
Members
5,434 posts
9,378 battles
On 8/21/2018 at 9:54 PM, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Yeah, tier 1 used to be pretty fun, actually. No gimmicks or torpedoes.....just straight up gunboat duels.  Wish they would revert back to that, as it was good, fun casual gameplay.

[ARGSY]
Members
7,055 posts
4,803 battles
2 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Yeah, tier 1 used to be pretty fun, actually. No gimmicks or torpedoes.....just straight up gunboat duels.  Wish they would revert back to that, as it was good, fun casual gameplay.

It still is straight-up gunboat duels; just the nature of the ammunition available has changed, as have one or two of the gun options (Erie no longer has her 5-inch option, probably to nerf the captains who had BFT and AFT on).

[-K-]
Members
5,434 posts
9,378 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It still is straight-up gunboat duels; just the nature of the ammunition available has changed, as have one or two of the gun options (Erie no longer has her 5-inch option, probably to nerf the captains who had BFT and AFT on).

Also miss the option of HE and AP ammo, along with non-neutered damage numbers.  Back then, a well played T1 could compete with some (or most) of the T2 ships it could potentially face.

[LUCK]
Members
1,376 posts
20,559 battles
5 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Also miss the option of HE and AP ammo, along with non-neutered damage numbers.  Back then, a well played T1 could compete with some (or most) of the T2 ships it could potentially face.

The good old days when Hermelin (T1 in general) had AP.

I think it was the Mikasa missions that had people flocking to T1 to accumulate kills as quickly as possible. Given the associated clubbing that occurred, it was shortly afterwards that they removed AP from T1.

Sign in to follow this