Sign in to follow this  
bigpapabill

were did my ships go

20 comments in this topic

[-TWP-]
Members
12 posts
6,364 battles

I log in this am and my ships do not show up in my port but it says i have 31 ships. that is on my game pc on my other pc i log in and the ships are all there What should i do ?

[H-W-C]
Members
1,271 posts
3,613 battles

Did you turn on filters on the computer where the ships don't show up?

[CUTE]
Supertester
4,123 posts
4,206 battles
Just now, bigpapabill said:

I even clicked on he BB tab and no ships show up 

Post a screenshot of your port

[WOLF5]
Members
2,312 posts
2,949 battles

Check your port filters, something may have gotten toggled.

Double check it's your account, has the right number of credits, doubloons, etc.

Double check your on the right server.

If that's not it, file a ticket, not a whole lot we can do to help here.

Also, a screenshot of your port would help us see what exactly is going on.

[WOLF5]
Members
2,312 posts
2,949 battles
Just now, bigpapabill said:

Right now i am redownloading the game to see if that does it 

Probably will, that resets everything.

See you in a bit, reinstalling takes a while.

[NOBUL]
Members
335 posts
3,661 battles

Hope you tried restarting WoWs and restarting your computer before your started the reinstall...

Restarting hardware/software when there's a bug, how simple it may sound, sometimes does the trick.

[CUTE]
Supertester
4,123 posts
4,206 battles
20 minutes ago, bigpapabill said:

yes i did restart wows and my comp and even ran the wows check but did not fix it 

Show us a screenshot of your port....

Members
832 posts
1,264 battles
2 minutes ago, bigpapabill said:

I dont have a screen shot sorry i am reinstalling the game now 

Godspeed captain

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,000 posts

Y'know... reinstalling is like saying "Dang honey, the toaster quit working.... gonna have to rebuild the house." :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,000 posts

Now personally I'd like to know WHY your ships are back.But now, we'll probably never know... cause what I do when something like this happens is rename select files (like preferences.xml) so the game will create a new file. There are a couple of those type of files the program will generate if it does not find it it. By renaming the file, you can find out if that resolved the problem or borked the game more.

If it borks it more you have the old file, just rename it back and try the next file of that type. 

You may also run the option from the start menu that checks your game files and repairs them if they require it. Gosh I wish you would have tried those methods first so others may have found success with their game if something goes south. Some folks simply don't have the bandwidth to d/l the entire game easily (so I've seen them state from time to time). 

But it sounds like you're happy and satisfied with the outcome so congratulations! 

:cap_horn::cap_like:

• Cool 1

Community Department
2,708 posts
779 battles
3 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Now personally I'd like to know WHY your ships are back.But now, we'll probably never know... cause what I do when something like this happens is rename select files (like preferences.xml) so the game will create a new file. There are a couple of those type of files the program will generate if it does not find it it. By renaming the file, you can find out if that resolved the problem or borked the game more.

If it borks it more you have the old file, just rename it back and try the next file of that type. 

You may also run the option from the start menu that checks your game files and repairs them if they require it. Gosh I wish you would have tried those methods first so others may have found success with their game if something goes south. Some folks simply don't have the bandwidth to d/l the entire game easily (so I've seen them state from time to time). 

But it sounds like you're happy and satisfied with the outcome so congratulations! 

:cap_horn::cap_like:

Thank you for the correct sequence of actions.

11 hours ago, bigpapabill said:

I did the reinstall and now my ships are back .. Thanks all for the help :)

Thanks for your reply about solved issue. 
I lock this topic. 

• Cool 1