Sign in to follow this  
AltWeiss

Is there a limit to frame rate in this game?

8 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
510 posts
4,658 battles

I just got a brand new PC and my frame rate went from 65 or so on average to I guess about 75 or a little more.

I went from a 5 year old alienware 17 laptop to a brand new Alienware Aurora with an i7 and 1070ti.

I see youtube videos of this machine running various games at 140 FPS etc.

I am not saying I need 140 FPS but it seems odd that the FPS is this low.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,674 posts
2,343 battles

Theoretically not that I know of. However, I seem to recall that there is limit built into the vanilla client of I think 75. I forget if it can be turned off in game, but Aslains modpack at least can raise that limit to over 100 (something like 150 I think). 

I don't think past about 50 FPS you can really see a difference with WOWS. I run at about 60 usually on I think max settings. Not a whole lot of difference if I drop to 40 if I'm in a AA heavy spot or something. The graphics in this game aren't exactly cutting edge.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,674 posts
2,343 battles
4 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Think setting graphics to Low helps with this.

You could try that. If FPS goes up, it's your computer. If it doesn't, it's the game.

Also, just remembered. If your computer is like mine, it has 2 GPUs, the GTX one and the integrated Intel one. The default setting is for the computer to only use the more powerful one if required. So your computer may be running the game on the dinky Intel chip instead of the way overkill one. You can go to the graphics settings on your computer and tell it to always use the main GPU, see if that helps. It's what I did, though I haven't made any performance comparisons.

Beta Testers
510 posts
4,658 battles

The computer is using the nVidia GPU for the game and I have optimized the settings. 

I did this (though I have a 1070ti and this vid is a 1060).

I find it very difficult to believe that this game is challenging an 8 GB 1070ti. I mean, weirder stuff has happened but that almost certainly is not the problem.

I am still getting FPS in the high 70s. I do not really mind that. The game runs smooth as glass. I just find it odd and wanted to know what causes this.

Beta Testers
510 posts
4,658 battles

"By default the game is locked at 75 FPS"

Ok, this is really all I wanted to know. I do not mind it being 75 FPS I just wanted to know if it was because of some game setting or because of some setting with my PC or problem with my PC.

Sorted. Thanks.

Beta Testers
510 posts
4,658 battles
14 hours ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/World_of_Warships#High_frame_rate

Only thing is you will have to change it after every patch.

Ok, it says the game is set to 75 FPS. This is all I really wanted to know. I have no problems with 75 FPS, I just wanted to know why it wasn't higher because I have seen much higher frame rates with other games.

Thank you very much.

Sign in to follow this