You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Raven114

Sad Day

12 comments in this topic

Members
1,802 posts
5,702 battles

After watching the new 7.8 update trailer I have realized its time for all us old Sea Dogs, Sailors, and Historians to move on. I know this game was moving to full Arcade not a surprise. And the history of these great warships are going to fade away to cartoon jokes. I believe that time has come. The past month I have noticed the random game play has changed from loose strategy to Chaotic shooting. Chat has ended, make a suggestion and you get nothing or a rant of don't tell me what to do. The feel and the immersion of the game is gone. And 7.8 seems to complete the transition  (talk about torpedo soup we will all forget about radar with 30 torpedo's in the water at the same time and ships that can reload in seconds.). My one suggestion is WG have another login to a game were all the fantasy ad on's are removed and the game is what it was sold to us 3 years ago. Great Warships Fighting at Sea.....:Smile_sad:

• Cool 3
  • Bad 3

[NDA]
Supertester
4,923 posts
14,393 battles

How does one "sell" a free to play game? 

:cap_yes:

Edited by RedSeaBear
  • Cool 1

Members
4,679 posts
6,848 battles

I agree there are too damn many torps. It's pretty crazy and quite unrealistic in many matches IMO. I am not a DD man but thinking about getting one of those DDs that fires 50 torps per shot.:Smile_great:  The players who slay me are the ones who want subs.....which just would mean there would be MORE torps. 

Edited by dmckay

Members
138 posts
7,952 battles

Just getting out of the summer fun period, It will be okay.

3 years ago. There were only 2 trees. CV's still had the big Delete button. Wyomings could see Lexingtons (I think. BBs had +4 MM?). CLs had ridiculous range and turret speed with AFT and EM. And I had even less clue than I have now. Fun times!

[SYN]
Members
7,344 posts
7,771 battles
16 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

How does one "sell" a free to play game? 

:cap_yes:

This.

Also, I'm fairly confused by what your meaning was with your post. I came away with yet another "the sky is falling/has fallen" vibe, and I'm curious, if that's the case, why you feel that way?

Where is all this supposed torp soup coming from, for instance?

Members
641 posts

I kind of got that jumped the shark feeling too in 7.7. However I do enjoy Tier 10 in any form. I even had fun playing co op with a bunch of tier 10ers as we quickly got by the 15 game win requirement for unique mods.   Ever wanted to know how quick a game can be? The required bot jokes took longer. 

Too many torps

Too many over the top modified camo 

Radar

Sick and tired with lower tier idiot chat. 

Members
777 posts
16,151 battles
47 minutes ago, Raven114 said:

After watching the new 7.8 update trailer I have realized its time for all us old Sea Dogs, Sailors, and Historians to move on. ... Great Warships Fighting at Sea.....:Smile_sad:

Before leaving, might I suggest a return to the place you fell in love with this game of basic naval battles?

PPevp0H.png

Tier 1 Random... The fun never left!

• Bad 1

[YAN]
Members
1,643 posts
7,798 battles

2 hours ago, Raven114 said:

After watching the new 7.8 update trailer I have realized its time for all us old Sea Dogs, Sailors, and Historians to move on

Okay, cya tomorrow then.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,395 posts
2,173 battles
2 hours ago, Raven114 said:

After watching the new 7.8 update trailer I have realized its time for all us old Sea Dogs, Sailors, and Historians to move on. 

What particularly struck you that way about 7.8?  It hardly seems the most egregiously history violating patch they've done?

Beta Testers
73 posts
766 battles

I used to play WOT, and quit, after being bombarded with "THIS IS ARCADE" all the time..

The changes that they kept making, NERFED  everything back and forth.  1 day you had a great tank and the next NERF..

They had Artillery, and STOMPED it into the ground..my friend says they fixed it back up...FINALLY.

I dont MIND abit of balance.  But if you make something with abit of history, it would be nice to stay KINDA close..

They have also admitted that the Game engine they used isnt UPTO the challenges they the gamers demanded/wanted.

Like Arty, able to knock down buildings, or Blow POT HOLES in the roads.  Like watching a 100 ton Tank SINK into the ground..

There is/was allot of history in the making of those tanks, From learning how the cannons work, trying to get NAVEL guns on tracks, Making Better powders, Better ammo, Higher velocity ammo..

Even HERE in this game, Many dont understand WHAT/HOW/WHERE many of the ships came from..the Early ones were so obsolete by WWII, it was almost stupid.(esp after the 40 years of fighting the banana war, LOOK IT UP)..  Learning NEW tactics and solving problems of NEW ships..NEW tech, NEW everything..

Taking Coastal ships and making them destroyers is abit Rough..

MOST ships were NOT designed for Sea battles..  They were for Blasting LAND TARGETS..  And Accuracy at long range, Sucks, try telling the other players that IF they cut 1/4+ off the range to shoot, they will HIT better..is a pain.

Try explaining HOW ships work together, and not Monkeys raid a forest of bananas..

USE and wait for the battleships...With longer View, they see better and Then we can Spot and rush targets, IN FORCE...not go out and battle the Small ships FIRST and a Big battle after..  If those smaller ships survive they can and WILL be  a pain..

Members
36 posts
1,501 battles

I've just got my first tier 8 ship and there is a Salt Wall at Tier 8.

My profile karma was working it's way up until I started playing T8, now it has dropped by half in three days.

Jaded salt encrusted old grum:Py players.

Delete your account.

Then start again and feel the camaraderie as you work your way up the tiers again.

Ever hear the story of the guy on the sinking ship who couldn't throw his gold away...