You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
skillztowin

WG: Please revise Ranked Season 10, tier 10 at rank 15 alienates a younger player base.

192 comments in this topic

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
337 posts
7,163 battles
2 minutes ago, legozer said:

No, no, no, no, no.

YOU CAN'T PLAY IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE APPROPRIATE SHIP. You aren't being "alienated". Do you have a full understanding of what that word means (I suspect not).

They made a choice to have ranked this season basically be tier 10. I start in T10. Most others who participated last season do as well. If I don't have a T10 ship, I can't play in ranked until I get one. It's such an easy concept to grasp that most 5 year old children would understand after one explanation. If you don't have a hammer, you can't nail a board. "AWWWWW BUT I WANT TO NAIL THE BOARD!" Well, son, better get a hammer.

no no no no no

Ranked is both tier 8 and 10, the op has 8, but is being pushed out of it. That sounds pretty alienating.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
1,829 posts
11,923 battles
1 minute ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

no no no no no

Ranked is both tier 8 and 10, the op has 8, but is being pushed out of it. That sounds pretty alienating.

It isn't.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,829 posts
11,923 battles

Being excluded or disqualified is not in any way the same as being alienated.

• Cool 1

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
337 posts
7,163 battles
1 minute ago, legozer said:

It isn't.

2 minutes ago, legozer said:

Being excluded or disqualified is not in any way the same as being alienated.

Alienation- an individual's estrangement from his community, society, or world

It's pretty close, but now that I look at the exact definition, it might be a bit dramatic of a choice of words. Still, it's pretty close.

Members
835 posts
5,634 battles
2 minutes ago, skillztowin said:

Yes. That’s a majority of my argument in a nutshell. 

And. WG is alienating an important subset of newer players. 

Then WG is also alienating everyone that does not have a tier 8? What do you tell the people that are only at tier 7 that don’t get to participate? That fact of the matter is that WG is not withholding tier 10s from you. If you would like to participate in ranked WG has laid out how and the rest is up to you. 

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,520 posts
15,594 battles
19 minutes ago, legozer said:

No, no, no, no, no.

YOU CAN'T PLAY IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE APPROPRIATE SHIP. You aren't being "alienated". Do you have a full understanding of what that word means (I suspect not).

They made a choice to have ranked this season basically be tier 10. I start in T10. Most others who participated last season do as well. If I don't have a T10 ship, I can't play in ranked until I get one. It's such an easy concept to grasp that most 5 year old children would understand after one explanation. If you don't have a hammer, you can't nail a board. "AWWWWW BUT I WANT TO NAIL THE BOARD!" Well, son, better get a hammer.

Is there any logical reason that tiers 20+ and above down to 18 or 16 can't be tier 6? As you said, most will start lower than that and not ever deal with it, but new players can use ranked to ....., get used to ranked play and use it to grind their way to tier 8's and possibly enjoy additional ranked play.... would that be so bad?

Edited by APA_204

Members
835 posts
5,634 battles
3 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

Is there any logical reason that tiers 20+ and above down to 18 or 16 can't be tier 6? As you said, most will start lower than that and not ever deal with it, but new players can use ranked to ....., get used to ranked play and use it to grind their way to tier 8's and possibly enjoy additional ranked play.... would that be so bad?

No I don’t think that would it would be bad but what does that have to do with this conversation? 

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,520 posts
15,594 battles
2 minutes ago, Forgottensoldier117 said:

No I don’t think that would it would be bad but what does that have to do with this conversation? 

have you read any of the conversation?

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
337 posts
7,163 battles
8 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

I wasn't around back then, but the first ranked season used many tiers, which sounds good, but there were problems with the logistics. I think it had to do with spreading the player base too thin, especially as the tiers got higher.

Edited by Shannon_Lindsey

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles

Last ranked season I had 1 tier 8 boat and ranked at LVL 10. Since last season I have 2 tier 10 boats and 5 tier 8 boats. I also have 1 tier 9 that if I wanted I could pay my way to tier 10. Also of note, no tier 8 premium boats. 

So tell me again how it's possible that since last season you have ZERO T10 boats when you knew you needed T10 for ranked? 

It's not WG's fault that you couldn't be bothered to get T10 boats or that you don't have the skill, time, dedication or ability to grind out boats or if you just can't be bothered to do what is required. 

• Cool 2

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,520 posts
15,594 battles
3 minutes ago, Forgottensoldier117 said:

Yes and the conversation is about needing a tier 10 ship for ranks 15-2.....

Oh, with so many ranked threads going maybe I answered on the wrong thread. However, since I have your attention, could you buy me the T-61? That would be awesome and I would definitely give you a +1

• Cool 1

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
337 posts
7,163 battles

Yes and the conversation is about needing a tier 10 ship for ranks 15-2.....

No, that isn't what it is really about, and that is why people keep arguing. Why do so many of you keep hearing this when it isn't what the op or myself are saying?

It is about the change where tier 10 starts at rank 15 instead of rank 10 now, and the problem it is creating. 

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,520 posts
15,594 battles
Just now, Shannon_Lindsey said:

No, that isn't what it is really about, and that is why people keep arguing. Why do so many of you keep hearing this when it isn't what the op or myself are saying?

It is about the change where tier 10 starts at rank 15 instead of rank 10 now, and the problem it is creating. 

I like cheeseburgers.

Members
835 posts
5,634 battles
Just now, APA_204 said:

Oh, with so many ranked threads going maybe I answered on the wrong thread. However, since I have your attention, could you buy me the T-61? That would be awesome and I would definitely give you a +1

Ha! No but I’ll give you a +1 for the attempt  :fish_cute_2:

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
771 posts
6,939 battles
2 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

It is about the change where tier 10 starts at rank 15 instead of rank 10

Yes, and addressing the situation where a player with t8 ships who achieved rank 10 last season is excluded from this seasons ranked.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,829 posts
11,923 battles
3 minutes ago, skillztowin said:

Yes, and addressing the situation where a player with t8 ships who achieved rank 10 last season is excluded from this seasons ranked.

That's been answered for you: get a tier 10 ship or sit out.

• Cool 1

[N-W-T]
Members
1,614 posts
6,641 battles
7 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

What problem is it creating?  If someone doesn't have a TX ship, moving TX to rank 15 arguably is saving them from a lot of hassle and frustration by maxing their rank sooner. 

[ARGSY]
Members
1,829 posts
11,923 battles

Someday, when I die and go to hell, I'll be assigned to the desk at Satan's Health Club. My first and only customer, for all of eternity, will be the OP. Here's the conversation that will torment me:

OP: "I'd like to use the facility"

Me: "You need a membership. It's free, you just need to do some paperwork".

OP:  "I don't want a membership"

Me: "Then you can't come in"

OP: "But, I'd like to use the facility".

Me: "You need a membership. It's free, you just need to do some paperwork".

Shannon (somewhere in the distance, barely audible): "Why can't he just use the facility?"

OP: "I don't want a membership".

Me: "Then you can't come in".

OP: "But, I'd like to use the facility".

Shannon (somewhere in the distance, barely audible): "He has a good argument!"

Edited by legozer
  • Funny 2

Members
835 posts
5,634 battles
9 minutes ago, skillztowin said:

I guess what I really don’t t understand is how you and the other player here have some how plateaued at tier 8 and made no significant progress towards a tier 10 in the time between seasons. This honestly feels like a problem of your own making. 

[ARGSY]
Members
1,829 posts
11,923 battles

I guess what I really don’t t understand is how you and the other player here have some how plateaued at tier 8 and made no significant progress towards a tier 10 in the time between seasons. This honestly feels like a problem of your own making. 

They were told that on pages 1, 2, 3 and 4 of this thread.

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
337 posts
7,163 battles
1 minute ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

What problem is it creating?  If someone doesn't have a TX ship, moving TX to rank 15 arguably is saving them from a lot of hassle and frustration by maxing their rank sooner. 

You know, a similar argument was once used for keeping slaves illiterate.

The problem is that people that can't or won't play tier 10 who maxed out last year are being launched right at the max out point this time. It means if you played well in tier 8, they won't let you do it again. 

I actually thought of a serious logistics problem. The players who were washing out before reaching tier 10 play in ranked have no gatekeepers this time, because only those who didn't participate last time or couldn't make it through will be in the tier 8 portion. That means that some of the bad players who have ground out tier 10 ships are making it into the tier 10 ranked battles this time...have fun with that...      

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,788 posts
20,977 battles
5 hours ago, Gin_Blossoms said:

Rather disappointing if you ask me.  I know clans that are no longer playing tier X anything because of burn out.  Between legendary mods, CB, KoTS, and now Ranked...WG is sure to bring even the hardest of tier X try hards to their knees.

It is getting old no doubt. Wargaming is killing the game by boring the players to death. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,788 posts
20,977 battles
Just now, Shannon_Lindsey said:

No it wasn't... Nice hyperbole though... 

[ARGSY]
Members
1,829 posts
11,923 battles
1 minute ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

OK. I surrender.

• Cool 1