Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
skillztowin

WG: Please revise Ranked Season 10, tier 10 at rank 15 alienates a younger player base.

192 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
855 posts
3,736 battles

People that have not played enough to at least have one t10 ship don't belong in ranked. 

 

Ranked is spose to be competitive mode and quite frankly newer players don't belong. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
835 posts
5,646 battles
18 minutes ago, skillztowin said:

The award of steel would be available despite the tier played. In addition, achieving rank 1 is also a challenge reguardless of the tier. 

There is no great end game in this game. This game has an extra “s” in its acronym. There isn’t a crazy amount of instances for players. It’s just random.  

I do not think WG would give out steal if ranked was not tier 10 because then you could have Stalingrad being someone’s first tier 10 and they do not want that. All you would have to do is buy a tier 8 premium play ranked and save up your steal without ever grinding up a line and that’s not what WG wants. 

Edited by Forgottensoldier117

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
201
[-TKS-]
Members
604 posts
9,269 battles
10 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

People that have not played enough to at least have one t10 ship don't belong in ranked. 

 

Ranked is spose to be competitive mode and quite frankly newer players don't belong. 

if it was suppose to be about competition then it would be skill based . T10 is just grind base . plenty of bad players at T10 with thousands of games played doesnt make them better then a player with 1k games played.  .

Dont get me wrong i have no problem with gating at all and i like it. 

id actually like it if they gate it by win rate . and would be ok being left out. That would make it competitive and make it something to shoot for. 

Edited by EyE_dYe_QuIck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
323
[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
771 posts
6,939 battles
2 minutes ago, Forgottensoldier117 said:

I do not think WG would give out steal if ranked was not tier 10 because then you could have Stalingrad being someone’s first tier 10 and they do not want that. All you would have to do is say buy a tier 8 premium play ranked and save up ur steal without ever grinding up a line and that’s not what WG wants. 

I think WG wins anytime they convince you to grind for any imaginary resource. The tier is independent!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,001
[CAG-1]
Members
1,513 posts

If you do not have at least one T10 (preferably 2 or 3!!) You honestly have no business in clan battles, let alone ranked battles...

Furthermore, I'd recommend about 3000 games played minimum. You simply will not have the experience required to adequately function in a competitive atmosphere and will possibly drag your team down.

 

There's nothing more annoying than watching your stars go up in smoke because your team is comprised of inexperienced players...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
516
[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,796 posts
5,298 battles
11 minutes ago, paradat said:

Yeah nothing more to learn you got this. :Smile_glasses:

I know for me I got a tier 8 on the first day the game launched and I have not learned any thing since. Look Kid, I mean learning stuff never taught me nothin.

 

That's not what I'm saying.  (Also, "me" and "a player" are not necessarily the same thing.)  I know *I* have more to learn.  And maybe I put it poorly.  Perhaps I should have said "..don't have anything to learn about playing the game at tier 10 capably..." rather than "don't have anything to learn about playing a tier 10 ship".  Obviously you have to learn the ship, as I said, but learning how to drive a tier 10 ship well is no different than learning how to drive a ship of any other tier well.

I understand that there are some things in life that can't be explained in words.  There's no way I could describe the color blue successfully to a blind man.  But this ain't that.  A qualitative difference between being in a tier 10 battle driving a tier 10 ship versus a tier 8 ship can be expressed in words.  So educate me.  Why is it harder to fight in a tier 10 battle in a tier 10 ship than it is to fight in a tier 10 battle in a tier 8 ship?  I'm willing to change my mind in the face of actual evidence.

But that whole "Tell you what," - that's the last move in the troll checklist.  It is "I don't have an actual argument, so I'll just try to take a position of authority and hope no one notices".  If that was a knife, it wouldn't cut mustard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
956
[ARGSY]
Members
1,844 posts
11,969 battles
13 minutes ago, Fishrokk said:

Why is it harder to fight in a tier 10 battle in a tier 10 ship than it is to fight in a tier 10 battle in a tier 8 ship?

Wait, did I miss something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
835 posts
5,646 battles
34 minutes ago, skillztowin said:

I think WG wins anytime they convince you to grind for any imaginary resource. The tier is independent!

I disagree. Stalingrad is supposed to be for veteran players who have succeeded in a highly competitive environment. When the ship was announced that meant only top tier clans would ever get her. WG has decided to make steal slightly more attainable through ranked thus making Stalingrad slight more attainable. However Stalingrad is still meant for a veteran players and shouldn’t even be possible to get as a players first tier 10. 

 

      Also what do you mean by the “WG wins if” line? Isn’t a win for WG a win for the player base? Sure they have made decisions that we don’t agree with and even some that we flat out hate but we are still playing this game aren’t we? I for one would like to keep playing it and for that to happen the game has to be a win for WG.  

 

        Rearguardless this thread really isn’t about that stuff. The op wants WG to fix the problem of him not having a tier 10 for him when really the solution is a simple one that he can fix on his own if he really wanted too. 

Edited by Forgottensoldier117

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
323
[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
771 posts
6,939 battles
3 minutes ago, Forgottensoldier117 said:

Rearguardless this thread really isn’t about that stuff. The op wants WG to fix the problem of him not having a tier 10 for him when really the solution is a simple one that he can fix on his own if he really wanted too

Well. No, and I am the OP.

 I want to play ranked. I want to play ranked with my t8 ships. WG set up ranks to be played with t8 ships. However, since I achieved rank 10 last season, (arguably a respectable rank) WG rewards me by excluding me from playing ranked this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
835 posts
5,646 battles
2 minutes ago, skillztowin said:

Well. No, and I am the OP.

 I want to play ranked. I want to play ranked with my t8 ships. WG set up ranks to be played with t8 ships. However, since I achieved rank 10 last season, (arguably a respectable rank) WG rewards me by excluding me from playing ranked this season. 

No they are not excluding you.... you are excluding your self by not wanting to grind and play a tier 10. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,042 posts
1,921 battles
5 hours ago, Thornir said:

 

"Oh, it's nothing personal. It's just business, Lord Business."

 

fixed it for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,619 posts
7,568 battles

I have tier 9s in 2 lines but no tier X and it has ZERO to do with not being 'good' enough for tier X.  At tier 8 and 9 I already play with a bunch of tier X.  Has a LOT more to do with the grind at tier 9 and the time needed.  For a long time I just did not have the credits to lose and after that, playing events in the ships that don't help to get to tier X.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
174
[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
339 posts
7,187 battles
20 minutes ago, Forgottensoldier117 said:

No they are not excluding you.... you are excluding your self by not wanting to grind and play a tier 10. 

No, they are actively excluding every player that reached rank 10 last season that doesn't have or doesn't want to play Tier X, while allowing players who did not have that amount of success to play until rank 15 at tier VIII, which is what the OP and others, myself included, want to be able to do.

 

Actually, are they doing the head start for last season again, or are they making everyone start at the bottom this time? If they make us all start at the bottom, I will withdraw my complaint, but I guarantee the people that ranked out last year will scream bloody murder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,159
[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,524 posts
15,637 battles
1 hour ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

People that have not played enough to at least have one t10 ship don't belong in ranked. 

 

Ranked is spose to be competitive mode and quite frankly newer players don't belong. 

That is wrong. having a lower tier ranked opportunity may keep more people in the game. rank 18-22 rank 6, 10-17 rank 8....

Just because a player is new doesn't mean he should be excluded from game content. Hell, in Warcraft you can hit level 120 but still do battlegrounds at level 10.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
835 posts
5,646 battles
1 minute ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

1)doesn't have 

2) doesn't want to play Tier X.

 1) I truly sympathize with this situation. However if you have had a tier 8 since last ranked season you must be close to your tier 9 and with some good buckle done grinding you can get to tier 10 in time. 

 

2) this is a personal choice that can not be helped by WG. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
323
[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
771 posts
6,939 battles
15 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

No, they are actively excluding every player that reached rank 10 last season that doesn't have or doesn't want to play Tier X, while allowing players who did not have that amount of success to play until rank 15 at tier VIII, which is what the OP and others, myself included, want to be able to do.

Well stated! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
956
[ARGSY]
Members
1,844 posts
11,969 battles
16 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

No, they are actively excluding every player that reached rank 10 last season that doesn't have or doesn't want to play Tier X

At least 10 people have explained to you how and why you are wrong, but you have ignored that and continued hammering on the same foolish point post after post after post. Get over it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
205
[DIEBL]
Members
564 posts
6,473 battles

This reminds me of that time that Tier 5 players complained about being excluded from Tier 6 ranked battles and they demanded for ranked to be brought back down to Tier 5.

Oh wait, they didn’t, because that would be ridiculous.

What were we talking about again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
174
[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
339 posts
7,187 battles
1 minute ago, legozer said:

At least 10 people have explained to you how and why you are wrong, but you have ignored that and continued hammering on the same foolish point post after post after post. Get over it.

"...while allowing players who did not have that amount of success to play until rank 15 at tier VIII, which is what the OP and others, myself included, want to be able to do."

 

If you are going to use my own quote against me, at least use the whole quote to preserve the context. The reason I am still debating is because the people who are calling me wrong keep focusing on a microcosm of the argument, and not taking the entire thing into consideration. I am in no way saying people who don't have tier X should be able to rank out. Quite the contrary, I think finishing ranked should require X or IX. Finishing ranked isn't what this is about. Participating in ranked is what this is about, and that is what the people arguing with me aren't acknowledging. There will be tier VIII ranked this season as well as tier X, but the OP is complaining about not being able to do either, due to a type of overqualification, which I am hoping is just an oversight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
956
[ARGSY]
Members
1,844 posts
11,969 battles
4 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

"...while allowing players who did not have that amount of success to play until rank 15 at tier VIII, which is what the OP and others, myself included, want to be able to do."

 

If you are going to use my own quote against me, at least use the whole quote to preserve the context. The reason I am still debating is because the people who are calling me wrong keep focusing on a microcosm of the argument, and not taking the entire thing into consideration. I am in no way saying people who don't have tier X should be able to rank out. Quite the contrary, I think finishing ranked should require X or IX. Finishing ranked isn't what this is about. Participating in ranked is what this is about, and that is what the people arguing with me aren't acknowledging. There will be tier VIII ranked this season as well as tier X, but the OP is complaining about not being able to do either, due to a type of overqualification, which I am hoping is just an oversight.

It isn't. It's just the way it is: tier 10 is the chosen tier this season for ranked. Either you can participate, or you can't. There is no other way, and there never has been (likely never will be). So, either get a tier 10 ship, or beat it.

Make all the suggestions you want. Fantasize about a perfect world where you can keep playing ranked with whichever ship you want to. Talk about it. Wish away. None of it will matter because the equation remains the same. No one is excluding you. No one is being unfair. No one is ignoring a segment of the playing population. A tier was chosen for ranked, and that's that. How many times does it need to be said before you understand this very simple fact: you have no argument.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
323
[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
771 posts
6,939 battles
11 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

There will be tier VIII ranked this season as well as tier X, but the OP is complaining about not being able to do either, due to a type of overqualification, which I am hoping is just an oversight.

Yes. That’s a majority of my argument in a nutshell. 

And. WG is alienating an important subset of newer players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,135
[WORX]
Members
4,552 posts
15,416 battles

IMO, Ranked is not up to the caliber of TKOTS tourny in where participants are at a higher lvl then say the average gamer. Ranked on the other hand, has been popular not because of Exclusivity, but because it was inclusive to all, in tiers that were fun. As much as I disagree with WOWS making tier 3-7 cheaper to buy, I disagree with having tier X ships in every event. Tier X play is

  • A snooze fest for Ranked event.
  • Not including OCEAN in the maps rotation, bad move IMO.

On the down side of tier X matches is

  • Participation
  • Lack of variety in play styles compared to other tiers.

I am hoping I am wrong when I say, there is a growing percentage of the WOWS player base that are tired of tier X matches in events. Why create a public event in which participation is effected in 3 ways

  1. lack of quality players who play in tier X who dont participate
  2. People who are not excited to see tier X matches in every event will not participate either.
  3. People are going to quit not because of lack of skills, but because its tier X burn out well not participate too.

So far, every tier X Ranked season participation has a downward trend, compared to other season without tier X. As long as WOWS thinks the downward trend in participation is good for Ranked, no changes will be made.  GL and HF for those who participate,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
174
[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
339 posts
7,187 battles
2 minutes ago, legozer said:

It isn't. It's just the way it is: tier 10 is the chosen tier this season for ranked. Either you can participate, or you can't. There is no other way, and there never has been (likely never will be). So, either get a tier 10 ship, or beat it.

Make all the suggestions you want. Fantasize about a perfect world where you can keep playing ranked with whichever ship you want to. Talk about it. Wish away. None of it will matter because the equation remains the same. No one is excluding you. No one is being unfair. No one is ignoring a segment of the playing population. A tier was chosen for ranked, and that's that. How many times does it need to be said before you understand this very simple fact: you have no argument.

Tier 10 is chosen tier, not THE chosen tier. Until rank 15, Tier 8 is the tier of ranked. It used to go to rank 10. The problem is that players who previously played ranked get a head start up the ranked ladder, and the way it seems to be happening this time leaves a large group of players on the outside looking in, while players who are theoretically both above and below still get to do it. 

This is about having a tier 8 ship, while there are tier 8 battles, but being promoted out of it to a point of lock out before even getting one's "feet wet". 

This is about being told you are too good for the minors, but don't have what it takes for the majors. The op wants to have time in the minors, which has been unexpectedly taken away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
956
[ARGSY]
Members
1,844 posts
11,969 battles
Just now, skillztowin said:

Yes. That’s a majority of my argument in a nutshell. 

And. WG is alienating an important subset of newer players. 

No, no, no, no, no.

YOU CAN'T PLAY IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE APPROPRIATE SHIP. You aren't being "alienated". Do you have a full understanding of what that word means (I suspect not).

They made a choice to have ranked this season basically be tier 10. I start in T10. Most others who participated last season do as well. If I don't have a T10 ship, I can't play in ranked until I get one. It's such an easy concept to grasp that most 5 year old children would understand after one explanation. If you don't have a hammer, you can't nail a board. "AWWWWW BUT I WANT TO NAIL THE BOARD!" Well, son, better get a hammer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
956
[ARGSY]
Members
1,844 posts
11,969 battles
1 minute ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

Tier 10 is chosen tier, not THE chosen tier. Until rank 15, Tier 8 is the tier of ranked. It used to go to rank 10. The problem is that players who previously played ranked get a head start up the ranked ladder, and the way it seems to be happening this time leaves a large group of players on the outside looking in, while players who are theoretically both above and below still get to do it. 

This is about having a tier 8 ship, while there are tier 8 battles, but being promoted out of it to a point of lock out before even getting one's "feet wet". 

This is about being told you are too good for the minors, but don't have what it takes for the majors. The op wants to have time in the minors, which has been unexpectedly taken away.

Well son, better get a hammer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×