You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
skillztowin

WG: Please revise Ranked Season 10, tier 10 at rank 15 alienates a younger player base.

192 comments in this topic

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,767 posts
3,179 battles
1 hour ago, Canadatron said:

I probably have 2600 battles and I have 3 tier 10s and am working up Udaloi to Groz.

The difference in my case would be the 83% DD play overall.

This season beyond all others should be enough to demonstrate what WG wants from us. 

I'll play to R10, then stop. Pushing T10 up to R15 was a scumbag move though on the part of WG. Wickedly unnecessary.

R15 to 10 is going to be a trainwreck.

Agreed, it will be a trainwreck. But at least it is one I can handle.

[OO7]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
70 posts
6,214 battles
1 minute ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

My point of view is that I am in no hurry to get to tier 10. My favorite ships in the game are mostly at tier 8, and I was looking forward to going to Rank 10 and stopping. The fact I can barely play disgusts me. Last season, I had a ridiculous super unicum level win rate in my Enterprise, and as a consequence played a very small number of battles already. Even if I had Tier 10, I have heard getting tier 10 CV ranked battles are near impossible. Also, the beauty of tier 8 ranked is the complete lack of tier 10 ships. It was something many players were looking forward to a taste of. Even if I had already reached Midway, I would be angry, given that I would be so limited in how much I got to play at tier 8, which is the part I would be most looking forward to, regardless. Heck, last season, I didn't even have Bismarck yet, and I was looking forward to using it a bit too. If there wasn't steel on the line, I would just boycott this season entirely in the hopes others doing the same would send a message through the sharp numbers decline.

So since you don't want to play T10, it's WG fault they won't change it back to T8?

T10 CV is going to be bad for any players who are not experienced or very good at them. You'll have a lot of AA cruisers and BBs to deal with, and managing that in a ranked game with small bubbles of ships together is death when dfaa is activated. That's why you wont see many battles with cvs.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,604 posts
12,100 battles
1 hour ago, Gin_Blossoms said:

Rather disappointing if you ask me.  I know clans that are no longer playing tier X anything because of burn out.  Between legendary mods, CB, KoTS, and now Ranked...WG is sure to bring even the hardest of tier X try hards to their knees.

Oh that is a good point. This will be a good excuse to make some progress on the legendary mods...…. Dang it WG! You are going to pull me back into the soul crushing ranked gameplay again. :Smile-angry:….. and I get some steel as well?

Crap.... I will be playing ranked. 

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
4 minutes ago, Dictonary said:

Agreed, it will be a trainwreck. But at least it is one I can handle.

I think it'll kinda be a fun trainwreck but R10 is usually when I start twitching from the permanent cat herding especially if you start late, times like a majillion zillion.

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,796 posts
5,298 battles
22 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

So... you don't have a tier 10?

And yeah- those 50 battles you have in tier 8 tech tree ships are a real inspiration. 

No, I don't.  I'm not bunched up about it.  I'll get there when I get there.

I'm not here to inspire anyone.  But as long as you're digging into my stats to put me down, feel free to ignore the other 241 battles I have played at tier 8, and the 82 at tier 9.  Not that 350-ish battles is a massive number by any stretch of the imagination, but it doesn't *quite* support the dis, does it?  (You'd have done better going after my win rate in tier 9, which is pretty very trash.)

Doesn't change the fact that assuming someone who doesn't have a tier 10 isn't capable of playing the game well at that level is a bad assumption, considering one could have literally thousands of games at tier 8 and 9 and be well familiar with playing that level without ever having played an actual tier 10 ship.

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,767 posts
3,179 battles
2 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

I think it'll kinda be a fun trainwreck but R10 is usually when I start twitching from the permanent cat herding especially if you start late, times like a majillion zillion.

I will try for Rank 5 this time.

So as I pray, Unlimited Salt Works!

Edited by Dictonary
  • Cool 1

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
344 posts
7,198 battles
Just now, _Prometh3us said:

So since you don't want to play T10, it's WG fault they won't change it back to T8?

T10 CV is going to be bad for any players who are not experienced or very good at them. You'll have a lot of AA cruisers and BBs to deal with, and managing that in a ranked game with small bubbles of ships together is death when dfaa is activated. That's why you wont see many battles with cvs.

In a sense, yes it is their fault. They are cutting a lot of people out who don't want what they are pushing. As a consumer, those of us being pushed certainly have a right to complain. Sure, they can make it whatever they want. If they want, they can make the whole thing start to finish tier 10. Actually, that would have been smarter, considering how this new system effectively punishes the people who stopped at 10 last season.

And BTW, as much as my Enterprise gets bottom tier against 10s in randoms, I have become acutely aware of the power of the aa bubbles, and I am still pretty good against them. I would probably be better with a Midway, but oh well, I will get there eventually.

[VW]
Members
2,803 posts
15,123 battles

The real change should be irrevocable at rank 15. Putting the safety net at rank ten lets too many in at that level and makes getting out and staying out nerve wracking.

[0456]
Members
3,069 posts
8,631 battles
10 minutes ago, Fishrokk said:

No, I don't.  I'm not bunched up about it.  I'll get there when I get there.

I'm not here to inspire anyone.  But as long as you're digging into my stats to put me down, feel free to ignore the other 241 battles I have played at tier 8, and the 82 at tier 9.  Not that 350-ish battles is a massive number by any stretch of the imagination, but it doesn't *quite* support the dis, does it?  (You'd have done better going after my win rate in tier 9, which is pretty very trash.)

Doesn't change the fact that assuming someone who doesn't have a tier 10 isn't capable of playing the game well at that level is a bad assumption, considering one could have literally thousands of games at tier 8 and 9 and be well familiar with playing that level without ever having played an actual tier 10 ship.

Your experience in Tier 8 clearly didn't help in tier 9- Yet you argue that it contributes to tier 10?

tell me more. 

Edited by _ENO_
  • Boring 1

[OO7]
70 posts
6,214 battles
1 minute ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

In a sense, yes it is their fault. They are cutting a lot of people out who don't want what they are pushing. As a consumer, those of us being pushed certainly have a right to complain. Sure, they can make it whatever they want. If they want, they can make the whole thing start to finish tier 10. Actually, that would have been smarter, considering how this new system effectively punishes the people who stopped at 10 last season.

And BTW, as much as my Enterprise gets bottom tier against 10s in randoms, I have become acutely aware of the power of the aa bubbles, and I am still pretty good against them. I would probably be better with a Midway, but oh well, I will get there eventually.

Disagree. You're choosing to not play a mode that is for endgame content. What if i didn't like T7 ranked? Or T5? Whos fault would it be then?

It's a free game, and in the end you're gaining free rewards for simply ladder climbing. The model idea of any business is to make money, and sure you have a right to complain, but not when you "can't" do it. They also aren't pushing you into anything, it's a decision to play ranked. They are simply making it endgame content.

Until that sweet CV rework. CV has too much power over matches atm.

Members
102 posts
9,154 battles

So the op didn't get a t10 between knowing it was part of last season to now, and is complaining?  It's long been suspected the next season would also be t10, and seeing as the other ship is t8, you had to be close for a while, and just didn't do it.  Sounds more like you messed up.  Having said that there has been too much stuff at t10.  All competitive events have been using t10, which is getting old fast.

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,796 posts
5,298 battles
4 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

Your experience in Tier 8 clearly didn't help in tier 9- Yet you argue that it contributes to tier 10?

tell me more. 

Tier 8 ships fight tier 10 ships.  Please explain how fighting tier 10 ships while driving a tier 10 ship is harder or otherwise significantly different than fighting tier 10 ships while driving a tier 8 ship. 

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
344 posts
7,198 battles
9 minutes ago, _Prometh3us said:

Disagree. You're choosing to not play a mode that is for endgame content. What if i didn't like T7 ranked? Or T5? Whos fault would it be then?

It's a free game, and in the end you're gaining free rewards for simply ladder climbing. The model idea of any business is to make money, and sure you have a right to complain, but not when you "can't" do it. They also aren't pushing you into anything, it's a decision to play ranked. They are simply making it endgame content.

Until that sweet CV rework. CV has too much power over matches atm.

And here I thought Clan Wars was the endgame content. As far as free rewards, don't assume many of us that aren't playing tier X aren't spending money. Also, as a CV main, I admit that CVs can have a big game impact, but honestly, I believe that T8 can be influenced just as much by Cleveland and Baltimore, and the Worcester and Des Moines will be equally big at 10.

Actually, I would hope they would keep Clan Wars as the home of Tier 10, and give ranked to tiers 8 and 9, because tier 9 is very neglected.

Edited by Shannon_Lindsey

[0456]
Members
3,069 posts
8,631 battles
13 minutes ago, Fishrokk said:

Tier 8 ships fight tier 10 ships.  Please explain how fighting tier 10 ships while driving a tier 10 ship is harder or otherwise significantly different than fighting tier 10 ships while driving a tier 8 ship. 

Tell you what. Get a single tier 10 then come back and tell me. Obviously tier 9 doesn't fit with your illusions. 

Edited by _ENO_
  • Boring 1

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
771 posts
6,939 battles
17 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

The real change should be irrevocable at rank 15. Putting the safety net at rank ten lets too many in at that level and makes getting out and staying out nerve wracking.

I agree with this. Place irrevocable at 15, and then switch back to T10 at R10.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
1,845 posts
11,977 battles
42 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

My point of view is that I am in no hurry to get to tier 10. My favorite ships in the game are mostly at tier 8, and I was looking forward to going to Rank 10 and stopping. The fact I can barely play disgusts me. Last season, I had a ridiculous super unicum level win rate in my Enterprise, and as a consequence played a very small number of battles already. Even if I had Tier 10, I have heard getting tier 10 CV ranked battles are near impossible. Also, the beauty of tier 8 ranked is the complete lack of tier 10 ships. It was something many players were looking forward to a taste of. Even if I had already reached Midway, I would be angry, given that I would be so limited in how much I got to play at tier 8, which is the part I would be most looking forward to, regardless. Heck, last season, I didn't even have Bismarck yet, and I was looking forward to using it a bit too. If there wasn't steel on the line, I would just boycott this season entirely in the hopes others doing the same would send a message through the sharp numbers decline.

Pick a lane, kid. Either you want to play ranked, or you aren't getting a T10 ship. That's it. There is no angel coming to provide you with a compromise solution. Ranked this season is T10, and that's just how it is. So, get one or don't play ranked. It's binary.

[OO7]
70 posts
6,214 battles
6 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

And here I thought Clan Wars was the endgame content. As far as free rewards, don't assume many of us that aren't playing tier X aren't spending money. Also, as a CV main, I admit that CVs can have a big game impact, but honestly, I believe that T8 can be influenced just as much by Cleveland and Baltimore, and the Worcester and Des Moines will be equally big at 10.

Actually, I would hope they would keep Clan Wars as the home of Tier 10, and give ranked to tiers 8 and 9, because tier 9 is very neglected.

When the rewards are steel, it's an endgame for reward ships.

Still you're not forced into anything. You choose to spend money on a free game, and when you do, you seem to feel entitled on that, and that everything needs to cater to all players regardless.

You're free to feel however you like, but a good CV player can outplay any other class, and not sure about those being influential, only punishable.

Members
835 posts
5,660 battles

I believe ranked is considered endgame content by WG and endgame content means T10. I understand the frustration of the op but it’s not up to WG to fix his problem. Me personally I’m very happy that ranked this season is tier 10 and gives us a chance to earn some steal. Making the steal available in ranked will make it possible for solo players to eventually get something like Stalingrad and that’s a good thing. 

Edited by Forgottensoldier117

[ARGSY]
Members
1,845 posts
11,977 battles
20 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

Tell you what. Get a single tier 10 then come back and tell me. Obviously tier 9 doesn't fit with your illusions. 

lol  _Eno_'s having none of it today...

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
2,703 posts
12,481 battles
3 hours ago, Murcc said:

If a player had a T8 and played the last ranked season, then most likely they accumulated a bit of XP on their T8 ship if it didn't already exist.  That would put them close to a T9.  The time since last ranked battles was more than adequate to get the T9 ship and then grind a T10, knowing that it would most likely be needed this ranked season too.  With many of the free camos available, you could easily use a T9 to grind a T10 in under 100 games.  Even if you had bad luck or limited camos, you could still do it in less than 200 games.  Therefore, there shouldn't be any returning ranked players complaining about not having T10 ships.

Not wrong. 

But it wouldn’t be an issue at all if Ranked was just T6 - there is no overall strong type of ship, there is no overall strong class within each ship, and best of all, there is no radar to trigger complaints over MM. 

Just have a look at the WR of all the ships from the last T6 ranked season - other than Independece, which obviously failed, everything was very, very balanced. 

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,796 posts
5,298 battles
23 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

Tell you what. Get a single tier 10 then come back and tell me. 

If a player does well in tier 8 ships in tier 10 random battles, they don't have anything to learn about playing a tier 10 ship but the quirks of the particular ship they are playing.  In a tier 10 match, both ships face the same opposition, only one of them does it with significantly degraded combat capabilities. 

You *might* have argued that tier 10 ships get a lot more attention from the enemy in these games and that makes it different.  I'd counter with my experience being that the higher tier ships tend to focus the lower ones out first because they are easier kills.

If you've got nothing to articulate to support your argument, you may want to rethink whether or not you actually *have* an argument.

Until then, you can sell that "Tell you what, kid" crap somewhere else.  I ain't buying.

• Boring 2

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
771 posts
6,939 battles
2 minutes ago, Forgottensoldier117 said:

Me personally I’m very happy that ranked this season is tier 10 and gives us a chance to earn some steal. Making the steal available in ranked will make it possible for solo players to eventually get something like Stalingrad and that’s a good thing. 

The award of steel would be available despite the tier played. In addition, achieving rank 1 is also a challenge reguardless of the tier. 

There is no great end game in this game. This game has an extra “s” in its acronym. There isn’t a crazy amount of instances for players. It’s just random.  

[0456]
Members
3,069 posts
8,631 battles
1 minute ago, Fishrokk said:

blah blah blah

Let me know when you get to tier 10. 

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,604 posts
12,100 battles
Just now, skillztowin said:

The award of steel would be available despite the tier played. In addition, achieving rank 1 is also a challenge reguardless of the tier. 

There is no great end game in this game. This game has an extra “s” in its acronym. There isn’t a crazy amount of instances for players. It’s just random.  

True but also grinding legendary mods is a nice addition to the steel and the rewards of ranked.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,604 posts
12,100 battles
7 minutes ago, Fishrokk said:

If a player does well in tier 8 ships in tier 10 random battles, they don't have anything to learn about playing a tier 10 ship but the quirks of the particular ship they are playing.  In a tier 10 match, both ships face the same opposition, only one of them does it with significantly degraded combat capabilities. 

You *might* have argued that tier 10 ships get a lot more attention from the enemy in these games and that makes it different.  I'd counter with my experience being that the higher tier ships tend to focus the lower ones out first because they are easier kills.

If you've got nothing to articulate to support your argument, you may want to rethink whether or not you actually *have* an argument.

Until then, you can sell that "Tell you what, kid" crap somewhere else.  I ain't buying.

Yeah nothing more to learn you got this. :Smile_glasses:

I know for me I got a tier 8 on the first day the game launched and I have not learned any thing since. Look Kid, I mean learning stuff never taught me nothin.