You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
skillztowin

WG: Please revise Ranked Season 10, tier 10 at rank 15 alienates a younger player base.

192 comments in this topic

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
338 posts
4,811 battles

I like Ranked battles. there i said it. However, In multiple seasons I have fallen short of your criteria to complete a season.

Unfortunately, WG, This season, you will not even allow me to participate.   Last season, I achieved ranked 10 and then my season ended because I don't have a T10. This season I will start at R16. I will be 3 stars away from ending my season because i still do not have a t10!  Therefore, this season, you ensured I will not be even be allowed to play.

Please consider the following recommendations: 

1) allow rentals to be unlocked for players who achieve ranked 15. 

2) allow players to continue playing ranked at t8, without the ability to continue earning stars. 

3) reset my stars, so that I can play ranked this year

4) gift me a t10 ship (a Moskava) 

*5) from responses: Pull back irrevocable to R15 from R10 and push forward T10 to R10.

WG. I hope you will reconsider your decisions for ranked this season. If its about money, I think you are alienating players who are on the cusp of deciding to continue playing or finding a new game. 

*If you are a player on the forum who is sharing in my dilemma of a shortened season for playing last season, please take a moment to "like" the original post. With enough interest, perhaps WG may take the time to calculate the proportion of the player base who this decision impacts.  

Edited by skillztowin
Added a community suggestion, added "like" request
  • Cool 11
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 14

[ARGSY]
Members
7,130 posts
4,851 battles
3 minutes ago, skillztowin said:

allow players to continue playing ranked at t8, without the ability to continue earning stars. 

The only problem with this would be finding enough T8 players. The good thing about Ranked is the ability for Tier 8 players to have a fair go without facing hordes of Tier 10's all the time; this particular solution might yet see you fighting mixed tier battles!!!

• Cool 3

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
338 posts
4,811 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The only problem with this would be finding enough T8 players. The good thing about Ranked is the ability for Tier 8 players to have a fair go without facing hordes of Tier 10's all the time; this particular solution might yet see you fighting mixed tier battles!!!

I need to clarify. The player stays playing t8 with the rest of the t8 players. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,697 posts
10,064 battles

Can you not just get to tier 10?

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
7,130 posts
4,851 battles
1 minute ago, skillztowin said:

I need to clarify. The player stays playing t8 with the rest of the t8 players. 

He he he. There's a thing about being careful what you wish for as you may get it (but not in the form you expected). I certainly did not expect them to drop the Tier 10 cutoff so low; did anyone?

[ARGSY]
Members
7,130 posts
4,851 battles
1 minute ago, paradat said:

Can you not just get to tier 10?

For me, no, not in the time available. For the OP, likely also not.

Some of us don't spend all our play time grinding up as high as we can, as fast as we can. That produces burnout and dissatisfaction.

• Cool 10

[WOLF6]
Members
1,963 posts
4,994 battles

OP, WG is holding you hostage. They want you to get T10's, so your resource costs to play are high OR you'll buy premium cammo.

They are aware of your  dilemma. They are counting on your eventual submission.

It's not personal. It's business.

• Cool 8

[-BRS-]
Members
1,761 posts
14,224 battles

If you don't have a tier 10 ship your not good enough to play up there anyways it's hard and stressful 

And even if you do you might not be good enough either

So remember  WG's motto Please give us your money and you could free XP up there and realize you wasted your time  By not learning how to play in that Meta

Edited by silverdahc
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 6

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,697 posts
10,064 battles
8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Some of us don't spend all our play time grinding up as high as we can, as fast as we can. That produces burnout and dissatisfaction.

Well for next season then. Max out at tier 8 this season and call it good.

[YAN]
Members
1,642 posts
7,785 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Honestly, if you cant make enough time to get just 1 tier 10 I would be surprised if you could manage Rank1, as ranked is one of the biggest time based endeavours ingame really, and the only you lose by not having a T10 in ranked is getting rank1. So theres not much change really.

• Bad 3

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
338 posts
4,811 battles
3 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

If you don't have a tier 10 ship your not good enough to play up there anyways it's hard and stressful 

And even if you do you might not be good enough either

So remember  WG's motto Please give us your money and you could free XP up there and realize you wasted your time  By not learning how to play in that Meta

Although i can see why you make this statement. the assumption here is misplaced. I did very well in clan battles. despite only being able to sail rentals. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,105 posts
12,052 battles

Maybe if you haven't reached tier 10 in a single line then your not ready for competitive game modes...

I feel that way more for CBs as ranked is garbage anyways so I guess I don't really care what else WG does to ruin it further.

• Bad 1

[-BRS-]
Members
1,761 posts
14,224 battles
7 minutes ago, skillztowin said:

Although i can see why you make this statement. the assumption here is misplaced. I did very well in clan battles. despite only being able to sail rentals. 

Well that's what WG wants is for you to pay some money so you can get up there and play but just a fair warning Clan battles and rank battles are totally different animal

Edited by silverdahc

[SYN]
Members
7,317 posts
7,771 battles
14 minutes ago, Thornir said:

OP, WG is holding you hostage. They want you to get T10's, so your resource costs to play are high OR you'll buy premium cammo.

The fact is, he's right, you know. @tcbaker777 where's my meme, my dude?

• Cool 1

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
338 posts
4,811 battles
14 minutes ago, Thornir said:

tragically possible hypothesis. I think this has an unforeseen cost of attrition to the player base on the cusp of commitment to the game. 

[SYN]
Members
7,317 posts
7,771 battles

I confess, I find it odd that you've done multiple seasons, and still don't have a 10. Perhaps that's just me, I had my first 10 towards the end of season 6, my second season.

• Cool 3

Members
1,866 posts
10,322 battles

Plenty of time still remaining to go from T8 to T10.  It doesnt take months in this game anymore with the camos and flags in hte game you get just from playing the game during events and getting your three daily containers.

Load up the ship you are grinding with all the XP bonuses, 3 man div to increase your win rate and net more XP per game.  Your clan should be helping guys like you speed grind.

I save my XP heavy camos for grinds where I dont want to FXP they help so much compared to how things were in the early days.

• Cool 6

[-BRS-]
Members
1,761 posts
14,224 battles
Just now, skillztowin said:

tragically possible hypothesis. I think this has an unforeseen cost of attrition to the player base on the cusp of commitment to the game. 

Yup probably so  They have time and time again Screwed up a good thing So I wouldn't put it past them

• Cool 1

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
338 posts
4,811 battles
3 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

Well that's what WG wants is for you to pay some money so you can get up there and play but just a fair warning Clan battles and rank battles are totally different animal

I really like ranked and clan battles. because the ships are all the same tier, and the players tend to team up more often. 

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
338 posts
4,811 battles
1 minute ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I confess, I find it odd that you've done multiple seasons, and still don't have a 10. Perhaps that's just me, I had my first 10 towards the end of season 6, my second season.

I went "Wide"  instead of up one line. 

• Cool 1

[CAST]
Members
1,261 posts
7,775 battles

If a player had a T8 and played the last ranked season, then most likely they accumulated a bit of XP on their T8 ship if it didn't already exist.  That would put them close to a T9.  The time since last ranked battles was more than adequate to get the T9 ship and then grind a T10, knowing that it would most likely be needed this ranked season too.  With many of the free camos available, you could easily use a T9 to grind a T10 in under 100 games.  Even if you had bad luck or limited camos, you could still do it in less than 200 games.  Therefore, there shouldn't be any returning ranked players complaining about not having T10 ships.

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
1,761 posts
14,224 battles
Just now, skillztowin said:

I really like ranked and clan battles. because the ships are all the same tier, and the players tend to team up more often. 

I agree it is a lot of fun playing on a balanced tier level but if you don't come correct a lot of players are going to let you know how they really feel about your gameplay

If you're good There's no problems but if you're only average  And you try to  Fail your way to the top there's a lot of hate you have to deal with which turns a lot of player off

• Cool 1

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
338 posts
4,811 battles
1 minute ago, Murcc said:

If a player had a T8 and played the last ranked season, then most likely they accumulated a bit of XP on their T8 ship if it didn't already exist.  That would put them close to a T9.  The time since last ranked battles was more than adequate to get the T9 ship and then grind a T10, knowing that it would most likely be needed this ranked season too.  With many of the free camos available, you could easily use a T9 to grind a T10 in under 100 games.  Even if you had bad luck or limited camos, you could still do it in less than 200 games.  Therefore, there shouldn't be any returning ranked players complaining about not having T10 ships.

unless that t8 was a premium. in my case I had the Prinz Eugene. yes. I reached R10 twice in a Eugene. and i can say it was easier when the eugene was a best before the heal. despite being told i couldn't do it.  I digress.  the point is made, the exp is on a premium ship. 

• Cool 1

[-TKS-]
Members
336 posts
6,860 battles
11 minutes ago, Murcc said:

that was me pretty much , didnt have t10 last ranked season . i do now.  even though i was gated last season i was ok with it .  Dont have any issues with this season , should be interesting 

BTW think rentals in ranked is a terrible idea 

Edited by EyE_dYe_QuIck
  • Cool 1