Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
YamatoA150

[FB Dev Blog] Various UI Changes + Turret Catapults!

10 comments in this topic

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,794 posts
3,975 battles

Source.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

Flooding display is added to the Ship HP Indicator at the bottom left of the screen and in the lower part of the screen there are flooding effects. On the model of the ship, an emergency light alarm is activated and the effects of pumping out the water are displayed.
39504547_2167502686909400_20701692029703

Commander skill tree UI is refreshed. Now the skills which are not useful on the current ship are marked with a special symbol.

39674710_2167502893576046_80536459057666

Signal flags section of Exterior UI was modified in the same way, signals that are not useful on a chosen ship are marked with a special symbol.

39869141_2167503023576033_27147976833310

Main battery turret mounted catapults are added for the following ships: König, Bayern (Hull B), Wyoming (Hull B), New York, Texas, Arizona and Iron Duke. These battleships will now be able to use appropriate consumables.

39725864_2167503313576004_48928603216575
Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.
  • Cool 1

[S0L0]
Members
288 posts
6,725 battles

Looking forwards to the turret mounted catapults on the Texas :D

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,141 posts
5,943 battles
21 minutes ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

In a previous blog or message, LaGal was also supposed to get a turret catapult, has that been dropped?

i thought that only worked on battleships because of the size of their turrets.

what is LaGal plane?an UAV?

edit: oh it's an loire 130,a flying boat.

Edited by Cruxdei

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,794 posts
3,975 battles
20 minutes ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

In a previous blog or message, LaGal was also supposed to get a turret catapult, has that been dropped?

I know what you're referring to. Here's the earlier teaser image; IIRC, from WG Fest earlier this year.

RUcemUR.jpg

They probably canceled it. LaGal would have only had it on her A Hull, which should have been removed by her B Hull and replaced with additional AA mounts, as was done historically.

The problem though is that the AA mounts that replaced the turret-mounted Catapult is not modeled or a part of LaGal B Hull anyway, so in theory, should could keep a catapult plane if WG didn't want to buff her AA a tiny bit more to add the AA mounts.

[WOLF8]
Members
5,024 posts
4,722 battles

So which planes will be available for these ships? The spotter plane, the catapult fighter, or both?

[NUWES]
Members
2,356 posts
7,478 battles

Arizona already has her fantail catapult. Historically she had one on top of X-turret (which she doesn't currently have in the game) and one on the fantail (which she does have).

Spoiler

uss-arizona.jpg?w=497&h=220

Unless they are planning on giving her two planes at once (and somehow different from the captain skill), I don't see the point for her unless they are just trying to make the graphic correct. If she can launch a fighter and a spotter at the same time that would be nice, but I doubt that. 

Edited by Tzarevitch

[DOW]
Members
672 posts
3,935 battles

My Orion is still waiting for torpedo tubes (historically the ship was equipped with 3 x 21-inch submerged torpedo tubes, one on each broadside and another in the stern). It's the most awesome feature of Orion.:Smile_teethhappy:

Untitled.png

[KP]
Members
411 posts
202 battles
12 minutes ago, _Marines said:

My Orion is still waiting for torpedo tubes (historically the ship was equipped with 3 x 21-inch submerged torpedo tubes, one on each broadside and another in the stern). It's the most awesome feature of Orion.:Smile_teethhappy:

Untitled.png

WGing made the decision over 3 years ago to not put underwater tubes in the game. On a historical note about 99.9% of BB's that had them eventually had them plated over as they were found to be poor for seakeeping as well as the limitations inherent in the design.

Sign in to follow this