You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
YamatoA150

Pan-EU "Nation" Confirmed - Early WG Gamescom Details

45 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
21,338 posts
15,057 battles
2 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

I just hope that those DDs that you mention will have at least SOMETHING to set them apart a little bit

I just hope they do them justice and they're at least decent ships. Preferably on their own merits, rather than shoehorning in a gimmick like with so many other lines in the game, like the RNCL, or the RNBB, or the - ... wait, I see a pattern developing here.

I'll just wait until they're actually announced and I see what ships are at what tier.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
3,042 posts
1,921 battles
10 minutes ago, Lert said:

I just hope they do them justice and they're at least decent ships. Preferably on their own merits, rather than shoehorning in a gimmick like with so many other lines in the game, like the RNCL, or the RNBB, or the - ... wait, I see a pattern developing here.

I'll just wait until they're actually announced and I see what ships are at what tier.

I agree, whole-heartedly so. A +1 for you.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles
6 hours ago, mofton said:

If there were justice in the world this would be where we first heard confirmation of that small and irrelevant sea power, Russia getting it's first few ships in the game.

I wish they would give the Pan-EU ships the NATO flag.  It's accurate enough at this point haha

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

This.  Ships don't have to be unique to be fun.  The quest for flavor kills things.  That's how you get bad, powercreep and overpowered.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,136 posts
21,301 battles
2 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

I wish they would give the Pan-EU ships the NATO flag.  It's accurate enough at this point haha

Gonna say that a Russian company probably won't do that..... It would be pretty funny though. 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles
Just now, Taylor3006 said:

Gonna say that a Russian company probably won't do that..... It would be pretty funny though. 

No, I do not expect that either.  It would make me smile though.

[S0L0]
Members
1,312 posts
6,535 battles

Glad to see another Pan-nation that has the potential to include some unique boats.

I hope they include the Norwegian Alesund DD's. 4 120mm Bofors guns, 2 twin torpedo tubes, ought to make a decent mid tier boat.

Also, they have the shoe-in for the introductory T2 premium. 6 76mm guns, 3 single tube torpedo launchers, and the single best ship name for a low tier premium EVER:  KNM Troll... :Smile-_tongue:

Matt

Supertester
1,509 posts
16 battles

No mention of the Spanish, so perhaps they escape the Pan-Europe nation. Well, at least that is what the Spaniards are hoping for anyway. 

On the other hand, this;

unknown.png

Maybe Lert can get his Dutch tech tree afterall. 

Edited by Trainspite

[SIM]
Members
3,839 posts
6,404 battles

I for one am rather excited about the concept of new nations having their naval traditions and histories represented in the game, even if I'm remaining skeptical of the mechanical specifics right now. I'm looking forward to seeing more, though.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,071 posts
1,501 battles

11 hours ago, Lert said:

So?

So?

Also, why are you making this thread all about me all of a sudden? After all,

Not yours.

So kindly get off my back and stop telling people not to comment on threads that you have absolutely zero stake in.

You farmed all my upvotes wit this thread. well done :p.

7 hours ago, Lert said:

Yeah us brits seem to be a bit weird.

Also i bet your like a cat trying to get a bag of catnip attached to the ceiling with a rubber band right now...

5 hours ago, crzyhawk said:

haha, yeah would be funny, not likely though, especially given the ongoing great politics mess up v2.0

4 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

Hey WG, don't forget these folks!

5b7cd2f474dc5_Swissnavy.jpg.012be1ed6a0eb91f64a60b69db9b7f22.jpg

ywOjtAC.png

Seriously?

[POP]
Members
1,783 posts
18,352 battles
5 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

:Smile_great:

[POP]
Members
1,783 posts
18,352 battles
14 hours ago, YamatoA150 said:

So early bits of information from WG's Gamescom presentation are coming in.

A Pan-EU line has been confirmed, and a possibility of additional RN DDs as well.

Personal Note: I'm not sure if the RN DD line is referencing possible Pan-EU DD line choices that aren't copy/paste/edited versions from the RN DD tree, or means that a possible RN DD split could happen later on, after all the main lines are out.

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but from what I gather from inside information The Pan EU will consist of the following countries:

Transnistia

Kazakhstan

Slovakia

Luxemburg

San Marino

Liechtenstein

Denmark

All great seafaring nations in there own right :Smile_teethhappy:

regards

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,794 posts
3,988 battles

Added more details for the first post, for those interested.

The main takeaways:

• At the moment, the Pan-European line is more about consolidating current and future Premium ships of Minor Naval European Powers into one catch-all "nation", and allow for more convenient training of associated Captains across different ships (even if it's not quite historically accurate).
  • There WILL be a few lines eventually, but not right now.

Personal take:

I suspect they might be considering a few Pan-EU Premiums in the near-future, such as the Dutch 1047 battlecruiser design that @Lert has been wanting, or the Dutch CL Java WG touched on a while back. Both would make for excellent Pan-EU Premiums and make sense; with the former having a valid rival and relative similarity in P.E.Friedrich, and the latter being a new CL in-line with the still fresh CL frenzy. Another DD seems unlikely, since they're already saturating the upcoming months with the Kitakaze/Harugumo and the RN DD line + Cossack.

The other possible reason being, if they weren't planning on releasing a new Pan-European Premium sometime in the coming months, they wouldn't have bothered with the change and let Blys remain in its own 1-ship nation a bit longer while putting efforts instead towards other UI elements.

Edited by YamatoA150

[4HIM]
Members
2,463 posts
7,915 battles
On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:05 PM, ReddNekk said:

Nah, they don't even have their own knife. :Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 1