You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
YamatoA150

Pan-EU "Nation" Confirmed - Early WG Gamescom Details

45 comments in this topic

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,536 posts
3,588 battles

So early bits of information from WG's Gamescom presentation are coming in.

A Pan-EU line has been confirmed, and a possibility of additional RN DDs as well.

More RN DDs to come (WG had no problems choosing for tech tree as there so many.

Pan EU flag not final btw. Poland, Netherlands, Austria-Hungary confirmed. No greeks. Blyska moved to Pan EU.

UPDATE 1: Quotes from Mr. Conway on Reddit:

Glad it finally made it to Reddit after my third presentation :P

Couple of additional infos:

• Yes there are lots of RN DD's and we might of course add more in the future, for now this will be the line - we have other things planned before we add more DDs
  • The Pan European nation is partly a placeholder - when and if we add full trees for nations like Poland or Austro-Hungary they will likely get their own nation. For now this is a good solution to add value to the commanders on the ships in the nation (like the Blyskawica).

No Greek ships INITIALLY ;)

UPDATE 2: Quote from Ev1n on Reddit:

This is not a tech tree at this point, just a nation like Commonwealth, which will include ships from multiple countries. Eventually, it may receive a tech tree, but for the foreseeable future there it will only hold premium ships, but will allow us to more freely choose premiums from different nations, without having to add another nation-flag to the UI and with the added bonus of swapping commanders around.

Personal Note: I'm not sure if the RN DD line is referencing possible Pan-EU DD line choices that aren't copy/paste/edited versions from the RN DD tree, or means that a possible RN DD split could happen later on, after all the main lines are out.

Edited by YamatoA150
  • Cool 6

[HINON]
Supertester
19,635 posts
13,201 battles

I'll remain reserved until official announcements are made, rather than hearsay.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,058 posts
4,743 battles

aah i can finally play with glorious belgian navy.

finally my viribus unitis is coming.

Edited by Cruxdei

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,019 posts
10,699 battles

If there were justice in the world this would be where we first heard confirmation of that small and irrelevant sea power, Russia getting it's first few ships in the game.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6

[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, Supertester
6,407 posts
7,682 battles
18 minutes ago, Lert said:

I'll remain reserved until official announcements are made, rather than hearsay.

WG at Gamescom is official announcement though..

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
19,635 posts
13,201 battles
8 minutes ago, Kousatsu said:

WG at Gamescom is official announcement though..

But the source quoted is hearsay.

I'll wait for an official WG announcement on the internet before getting really excited.

• Bad 1

[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, Supertester
6,407 posts
7,682 battles
12 minutes ago, Lert said:

But the source quoted is hearsay.

I'll wait for an official WG announcement on the internet before getting really excited.

But the source quoted is the panel which WG presented.

If you don't believe it then just don't bother commenting.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,536 posts
3,588 battles

Let's be civil here please. Yes, the thread is about the hype, as it's currently the closest to "official" official we're going to get for now. Yes, things are bound to change between announcement and reality (see RN CVs for 2017; announced as planned, then delayed indefinitely).

Nevertheless, until we get a full Gamescom write up on the main site, WoWs Fb, or Twitter, this is the best we have to go on. Speculation and discussion over possible ships and lines never hurts (aside from disappointments that a favored ship didn't appear, or didn't appear "at the right tier", but that's par for the game).

• Cool 4

WoWS Community Contributors, Supertester
160 posts
7,979 battles

More DDs are always good. <insert BB players whining meme>

As for this little squabble in here:

2 minutes ago, Lert said:

How to fall for hype and set yourself up for disappointment: "Soemone posted it on the internet so it's 100% true and guaranteed OMGOMGOMG". Yeah, that's always turned out well.

How to hijack threads: "I don't agree with how you're responding to someone else's thread so kindly shut up".

Kindly stop derailing hype forums. I responded to a hype post. You're the one derailing it with your constant 'shut up' hard-on for me.

Abandon_Thread.gif.b45526a8d26695f3cbba05c09a177c39.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Beta Testers
345 posts
2,096 battles

:Smile_facepalm:

Please no. We don't need another copy paste ship line that takes no effort to make. Re-use ship models, make new flag, add gimmick, done; now plz buy free xp to skip t10 grind for a gimmicky version of a ship you already have!.

I would rather them announce VFM BB's armed with plasma cannons, SAMs for AA defense, and deflector shielding than this. At least this would be something new and unique.

Beta Testers
1,372 posts
3,674 battles
45 minutes ago, Lert said:

Oh, I'm sorry. I was not aware I was not allowed to comment in your thread with anything other than what you want me to. I thought this was a free discussion forum, my bad. Do you have a list of pre-approved responses somewhere I can look at to avoid further infractions?

Go Lert wait till the official announcements people. 

[HINON]
Supertester
19,635 posts
13,201 battles
1 minute ago, Phaere said:

Please no. We don't need another copy paste ship line that takes no effort to make.

A pan-european tech tree has more potential for unique ships than you realize. I can already almost completely fill a pure Dutch destroyer tree with unique, indigenous designs, and more than half of a cruiser tree with unique, indigenous designs as well, and even a battleship premium or two.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,913 posts
15,363 battles

Will see how it goes.  IMO this was bound to happen, and it should have happened long ago.  We weren't exactly going to see full lines from some of these navies.

There's been all of one Polish ship, Blyz.

There's been all of a whopping 3 Commonwealth ships, Haida, Perth, Vampire.

One PanSA ship but very new, Nueve di Julio.

The most extensive "Pan" group of ships are the hodgepodge of PADDs.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,536 posts
3,588 battles
11 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The most extensive "Pan" group of ships are the hodgepodge of PADDs.

Gotta make bank off the newest and hottest gaming market, and earn that yuan. The funniest part is that the line was not even announced or planned with the yearly preview, but just came up out of the blue with a full line, before the Commonwealth or Pan-EU/Pan-Am. Heck, it came out before WG's promised T9 and T10 IJN DDs (which is coming soon) that were supposed to be out a few months after the rushed release.

That being said, The Pan European or Pan Eurasian "nation" is a good catch-all for almost full lines. I recall the Dutch have enough DDs to almost make a full line, and just needing a WG original or two to round it out. The Polish could fill out about half a DD line themselves as well, then just dig into any other one or two ship-classes to fill in wherever.

[TF57]
Members
1,342 posts
4,050 battles

PAN:EU = So I predict a line of copy-and-paste ships, probably gunboat destroyers unable to damage anything other than counter other DDs.

Perhaps with gimmicks removed to be extra edgy and unique. Perhaps a "no smoke" DD line next?

[HINON]
Supertester
19,635 posts
13,201 battles
14 minutes ago, evilleMonkeigh said:

PAN:EU = So I predict a line of copy-and-paste ships, probably gunboat destroyers unable to damage anything other than counter other DDs.

And you'd be entirely, 100% wrong.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

And you'd be entirely, 100% wrong.

One can only hope, only hope, that what you are saying, Lert, is true.

Edited by legoboy0401

[HINON]
Supertester
19,635 posts
13,201 battles
22 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

One can only hope, only hope, that what you are saying, Lert, is true.

Roofdier, Admiralen, Gerard Callenburgh, Isaac Sweers, Friesland. There, five unique, indigenous designs, era and tech appropriate Dutch destroyers. and that's not even going into other nations, like Sweden, who can field similar.

Van Kinsbergen, Gelderland, Java, Tromp, van Heemskerck, de Ruyter, Eendracht, de Zeven Provincien. There, eight unique, indigenous designs, tech and era appropriate Dutch cruisers, and that's not even going into other European nations.

1913, 1047. Two unique, indigenous designs, era and tech appropriate Dutch battleship options for premiums. More, if you consider that the 1913 project alone has three or four different design proposals before Germaniawerft 803 was settled on.

So, no need to 'hope', oh ye pessimist of little hope.

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
Just now, Lert said:

Roofdier, Admiralen, Gerard Callenburgh, Isaac Sweers, Friesland. There, five unique, indigenous designs, era and tech appropriate Dutch destroyers. and that's not even going into other nations, like Sweden, who can field similar.

Van Kinsbergen, Gelderland, Java, Tromp, van Heemskerck, de Ruyter, Eendracht, de Zeven Provincien. There, eight unique, indigenous designs, tech and era appropriate Dutch cruisers, and that's not even going into other European nations.

1913, 1047. Two unique, indigenous designs, era and tech appropriate Dutch battleship options for premiums. More, if you consider that the 1913 project alone has three or four different design proposals before Germaniawerft 803 was settled on.

So, no need to 'hope'.

No no, one can only hope that their playstyles won't be Copy-Paste d from other DDs and DD lines currently or soon to be added in the game.

That's what I meant. I wasn't saying that we can only hope that the ships themselves won't be copy-pastes, but their playstyles

[HINON]
Supertester
19,635 posts
13,201 battles
Just now, legoboy0401 said:

That's what I meant. I wasn't saying that we can only hope that the ships themselves won't be copy-pastes, but their playstyles

So just how much can you give the umpteenth line of very similarly designed ships with a very similar design philosophy and role as all the other same type ships, a unique and never-before-seen flavor?

For the pessimist, these ships will all play like *insert other ship here*. That's unavoidable when you have a similarly designed ship designed to fulfill a similar role. That's always going to happen. Yet, people seem to ask for the sixth Fletcher or third Iowa all the time, so American ships get a pass here, it seems.

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
Just now, Lert said:

So just how much can you give the umpteenth line of very similarly designed ships with a very similar design philosophy and role as all the other same type ships, a unique and never-before-seen flavor?

For the pessimist, these ships will all play like *insert other ship here*. That's unavoidable when you have a similarly designed ship designed to fulfill a similar role. That's always going to happen. Yet, people seem to ask for the sixth Fletcher or third Iowa all the time, so American ships get a pass here, it seems.

At least the RN DDs are somewhat unique for DDs in terms of flavor. I just hope that those DDs that you mention will have at least SOMETHING to set them apart a little bit, just like Hsienyang, Chung Mu, and Yueyang have from Benson, Fletcher, and Gearing. It doesn't have to be HUGE, HUGE, and COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY DIFFERENT AS NO LINE HAS EVER BEEN BEFORE(capitalized for loudness and exaggeration), just a little something to be an incentive to take one of them over another DD at the same tier.