Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Yuki_Ika7

I need advice for the Henri IV

11 comments in this topic

[SOUP]
[SOUP]
Members
37 posts

I have had several matches in the henri, and i was told to stay at a long range distance, so i did and i only get 50k damage at max (same with the saint louis).

when i go into the action (up close) i get killed in like 15-45 seconds, i am just curious.

Any tips for me (besides "pick another cruiser" comments)?

[LOU1]
Members
3,170 posts
8,432 battles

I like mid range and kiting.  Best not to go CQC until the enemy is reduced or only one ship can hit you, until then use terrain and distance.  Pick your battles, always important at high tier.  Keep your speed up around the enemy and do not get caught stopped or driving in a straight line.  Remember to angle and protect your broadside.  Do not go kamikaze on a Yamato.

[PEN]
Members
69 posts
7,203 battles

Go to youtube and search for reviews of the ship.  You'll see a lot of good gamers showcase how to use it.  Flamu, Notser, BIA (a bunch of guys), flambass and others.

It's really all about reading the minimap and assessing your team's positioning vs the red team.  Be cognizant of your flanks and don't let anyone get on yours. 

Henri does stay at distance until you see your side pushing.  Then it's game time and time to move in. 

Make sure you're not the target of interest.  In other words, you need to be second or third closest to the nearest enemy on that side.  Support your teammate that is engaged with another target and your damage count will improve. 

But also, make sure you understand your play style.  Does the Henri fit that style well enough?

Good luck!

• Cool 1

[RUSHB]
Members
93 posts
8,747 battles

I play it like a combination of a moskva and hindenburg.  When facing only ap shells you can bow in at medium range and eat minimal damage as you can take a lot of 0 damage pens and overpens if done with careful angling.  Since the ship is pretty weak against HE you generally want to kite or play at range against spammers unless you can get a favorable 1 on 1 matchup.  The ship does pretty well contesting your teams flank (if the team heads AB and leaves c open, for example) especially if there are very few dds to spot you.  So basically just try to avoid getting HE spammed and the ship can be quite tanky using the speed and spaced armor to your advantage  Also it would be a good idea to get comfortable with the AP, as you can get near 10k salvos on most bbs if you know where to aim.

• Cool 1

[HECA]
Members
197 posts
3,635 battles

I'm slowly climbing up the French Cruisers, almost thru Tier 8 now. And with the Charles Martel about the only success I've seen was by kiting ships and constant wiggling.

Can't believe they are nerfing the overall reload by a couple of seconds for a consumable module that temporary reduces reload times... but whatever.

[SOUP]
[SOUP]
Members
37 posts
13 hours ago, Hydra_360ci said:

I'm slowly climbing up the French Cruisers, almost thru Tier 8 now. And with the Charles Martel about the only success I've seen was by kiting ships and constant wiggling.

Can't believe they are nerfing the overall reload by a couple of seconds for a consumable module that temporary reduces reload times... but whatever.

they are now only nerfing it for 1 second, still i get what you mean

Beta Testers
1,219 posts
6,525 battles

It should be a lot more flexible now after the consumable addition. You do need to mostly play it hit and run style at the start of the match, but knowing when to go aggressive is important. The ship is really great at picking on vulnerable ships and making decisive plays when they're needed. Play it at mid-long range until you gain an advantage, then use your speed to reposition to advantageous spots or push your advantage. You can do a lot with the ship.

Also, I would recommend you use concealment module instead of the rudder shift one. Yes, it helps a lot, but playing with your speed will let you dodge shells more than shifting your rudder faster; you're not a nimble ship in the first place, and being unable to disengage properly or approach when needed is too much to give up, in my opinion.

• Cool 2

Members
320 posts
30 minutes ago, SeraphicRadiance said:

It should be a lot more flexible now after the consumable addition. You do need to mostly play it hit and run style at the start of the match, but knowing when to go aggressive is important. The ship is really great at picking on vulnerable ships and making decisive plays when they're needed. Play it at mid-long range until you gain an advantage, then use your speed to reposition to advantageous spots or push your advantage. You can do a lot with the ship.

Also, I would recommend you use concealment module instead of the rudder shift one. Yes, it helps a lot, but playing with your speed will let you dodge shells more than shifting your rudder faster; you're not a nimble ship in the first place, and being unable to disengage properly or approach when needed is too much to give up, in my opinion.

I agree.  concealment works better for me than the double rudder shift and I kick [edited]in this boat.  

[SOUP]
[SOUP]
Members
37 posts

UPDATE: well i have been able to get about 50k damage average per game, and the enemy shells miss super often, like this ship was blessed by RNGesus themself

Sign in to follow this