You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DeathLord1969

Ranked season 10 will be worse

107 comments in this topic

[XXX]
Members
859 posts
3,045 battles

So for this season, ranked is tier 8 till you get to rank 16, then it's tier 10s.

So if you start at 17, win a few matches then ranked is over for the majority.

" You will need ships of Tier VIII for ranks 23 through 16, and Tier X ships for Ranks 15 through 2."

I was playing till I fought to rank 10, guess I won't even bother wasting my time this season.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 6

Members
3,641 posts
6,700 battles

The time would not be wasted, I would argue. If you don't have any tier X, now or during ranked it would be a good time to grind and get one, as more tier Xs are being sucked up into ranked instead of in random battles!

[R-F]
Members
1,430 posts
8,652 battles

2,382 battles played and you don't have a tier X ship?  That's a personal decision to avoid the tier.  WG isn't obligated to provide everything for everyone.  You might as well complain that there's no ranked co-op.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 4

[O_O]
Members
5,245 posts
12,034 battles

I didn't like last season's T10 once you hit Rank 10.  This is even worse.  I have T10's, I just don't like them for Ranked.

I doubt I will even get to Rank 10, this season. :Smile_amazed:

Edited by desmo_2

[B2P]
Members
568 posts
16,239 battles
1 minute ago, jager_geist said:

Why would it be worse? It is the same as the last Ranked season.

Not quite.  Last ranked season had tier 8 up to rank 11, then tier 10 starting at rank 10.

[HYDRO]
Members
3,467 posts
4,940 battles

If this Ranked Season won't be as popular as previous ones, which will be shown after it's conclusion, I'm sure WG will make some changes. All companies speak profit (and rightfully so), WG is not an exception.

[MEIST]
Members
1,093 posts
4,304 battles
1 minute ago, DreadRaybo said:

Not quite.  Last ranked season had tier 8 up to rank 11, then tier 10 starting at rank 10.

That's right, my bad.

[LOU1]
Members
3,678 posts
10,000 battles

Well, I am looking forward to this season.  Finally have my Hindy and have been practicing quite a bit with Henry, so I am ready.  Also, now have DM and Mino skills a bit developed.  I had always been intimidated by Tier 10 and didn’t like the apparently (and reportedly) passive play style.  As I have become more accustomed to attentive play and listened less to the nay sayers, Tier 10 has become more enjoyable.  The game, as with anything in life, is as enjoyable as I make it.  I just have to stay away from it if I am tired or distracted.  Bring it on!

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,051 posts

I'm looking forward to this ranked season. I got to rank 10 the past few seasons but the last one fell at a time when I was especially busy so I didn't have time to play much and only got to rank 13. This season I'm going to see how far I can get. I've got a few tier X ships now too. All of them were ground out after the last ranked season.

[XXX]
Members
859 posts
3,045 battles
10 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

2,382 battles played and you don't have a tier X ship?  That's a personal decision to avoid the tier.  WG isn't obligated to provide everything for everyone.  You might as well complain that there's no ranked co-op.

It's actually just under 2000. Not sure where the forum gets that number from.

But anyways, while I have an Iowa, I'm just not in a big hurry to get to tier 10, plus I don't have the "funds" to get one.

• Funny 1

[SIDE]
Members
794 posts
4,308 battles

Tired of them constantly pushing tier 10. It's one of the worst tiers to play by far with how passive it is. zzz. I'd be all up for it in literally any other tier. 

• Cool 5

[-K-]
Members
6,598 posts
10,949 battles
16 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I didn't like last season's T10 once you hit Rank 10.  This is even worse.  I have T10's, I just don't like them for Ranked.

I doubt I will even get to Rank 10, this season. :Smile_amazed:

Some of us who will start at R13 or 14 won't even get a taste of T8 ships.  This is gonna be a slog......might have to try some non-typical ships to mix it up a bit.

• Cool 2

[XXX]
Members
859 posts
3,045 battles
12 minutes ago, DreadRaybo said:

Tier 8 got to rank 10 before it switched to tier 10 as I got rank 10 last season.

• Boring 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,051 posts
Just now, DeathLord1969 said:

It adds in Coop and Scenario battles. Some people only play PvE so if the battles indicator only included Random, Ranked, and Clan battles then they wouldn't have any number at all.

[SVF]
Members
1,197 posts
1,617 battles
2 minutes ago, DeathLord1969 said:

But anyways, while I have an Iowa, I'm just not in a big hurry to get to tier 10, plus I don't have the "funds" to get one.

That's a counter of all battles played not just Randoms.

[SALVO]
Members
21,353 posts
21,595 battles
12 minutes ago, Merlox said:

Tired of them constantly pushing tier 10. It's one of the worst tiers to play by far with how passive it is. zzz. I'd be all up for it in literally any other tier. 

I have to disagree with this.  I'd rather it not be tier 9.  Tier 9 is the one tier where I don't tend to keep ships, and there are very few premium ships.  And certainly none of the ones that I'd prefer to use for Ranked.  Tier 8 is vastly better than tier 9 for Ranked.

[XXX]
Members
859 posts
3,045 battles
15 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

It adds in Coop and Scenario battles. Some people only play PvE so if the battles indicator only included Random, Ranked, and Clan battles then they wouldn't have any number at all.

Think it's still off as co-op, random and ranked barely make it to 2000 and I don't play the scenarios much as sure as didn't play 300 scenarios.... But anyways....

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,796 posts
5,298 battles
27 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

2,382 battles played and you don't have a tier X ship?  That's a personal decision to avoid the tier.

I've got more than that, and have not been avoiding tier X.  I'm just grinding all lines at once (11 tier 8's in port with a 12th unlocked, and 7 tier 7's).

Not everyone picks a line and shoots straight for tier X. 

• Cool 3

[XXX]
Members
859 posts
3,045 battles
4 minutes ago, Fishrokk said:

I've got more than that, and have not been avoiding tier X.  I'm just grinding all lines at once (11 tier 8's in port with a 12th unlocked, and 7 tier 7's).

Not everyone picks a line and shoots straight for tier X. 

I'm not really grinding anything to be honest. Just playing & trying to up my average damage now.

• Cool 2

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,796 posts
5,298 battles
1 minute ago, DeathLord1969 said:

I'm not really grinding anything to be honest. Just playing & trying to up my average damage now.

Well, with 18 tech tree lines I'm advancing, it's hard to really say I'm "grinding" anything - I used the term fairly loosely.

Members
2,709 posts
16,590 battles

I like going straight into T10, actually. I still have another 14 legendary modules to grind out :)

• Cool 1

[SFBG]
Members
1,608 posts
8,590 battles

I'm looking forward to it..

T10 is a heck of a lot more balanced than T8, and I find 7v7 to be much more exciting T10 gameplay.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,159 posts
22,270 battles

I understand the T10 decision because many say it's more or less balanced. And till the Stalingrad we didn't had some OP premiums there.

We had the same when they make T8 ranked. People came and complain about that they don't have a T8. Or bought a premium ship they didn't had a clue how to play it.

T9 has the problem that there are more crap boats then good ones. I also suspect that enough players sold their T9 after they grinded through them.

T8 has a ton of premiums people buy and play without premium consumables and a 3 point captain.

T7 is the most unbalanced tier. So many premiums that are far from being balanced.

T6 is ok, the premiums aren't that much from inbalanced and everyone get there easy.

T5 Kamikazes and Gremlins ftw. Maybe some carriers since there isn't some serious AA at this tier. Everything else is just targets (till the owner of those well balanced boats ranked out)

• Cool 1