You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Patton3rdarmy13

Not Happy with Go Navy.

34 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
268 posts
6,802 battles

This whole Go Navy thing was a joke. First, if you did not choose Sharks one got no containers. Two, I have 74 loyalty tokens at end and that means I am 1 loyalty from any of the permanent camos. I played all this time for nothing. Played everyday for Eagles, got nothing. Played everyday and can't get anything I want.  

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,058 posts
4,743 battles

it's not my fault you didn't pick the winners side. eagles were losing since day 1 of the navy event.

sharks forever.

Edited by Cruxdei
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
7,185 posts
4,874 battles
5 minutes ago, Patton3rdarmy13 said:

Two, I have 74 loyalty tokens at end and that means I am 1 loyalty from any of the permanent camos.

How did you play? It was my impression that if you stuck with one team all the way through, you were guaranteed 75 loyalty. I didn't, but I was trying to maximise containers for coal.

Beta Testers
268 posts
6,802 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

How did you play? It was my impression that if you stuck with one team all the way through, you were guaranteed 75 loyalty. I didn't, but I was trying to maximise containers for coal.

Well it did not work out that way for me and I just needed 1 more day.

[SIDE]
Members
753 posts
3,480 battles

I didnt play too much and I ended up capping one side (sharks) and getting a few eagle tokens. I bought a single perma skin and the rest for crates..

To be honest I'm just happy for the crates. You know how many signals and coal you get from all of that for an event? That's going to hold you over for a while.

Also if you are short a small tokens. Go buy a single go navy box. Problem solved!

Edited by Merlox
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,392 posts
19,439 battles
6 minutes ago, Patton3rdarmy13 said:

This whole Go Navy thing was a joke. First, if you did not choose Sharks one got no containers. Two, I have 74 loyalty tokens at end and that means I am 1 loyalty from any of the permanent camos. I played all this time for nothing. Played everyday for Eagles, got nothing. Played everyday and can't get anything I want.  

You could get containers by playing the game. More then by just signing up with one team. Also, it was easier to get within the top 1000 in the eagles team to earn a extra container. I got 118.

For the tokens you are short: You would have gotten enough by just log in every day and sometimes play enough to get the extra token by rejecting changing the team. I made it to 290 tokens in the time of the event.

[ARGSY]
Members
7,185 posts
4,874 battles
3 minutes ago, Merlox said:

Also if you are short a small tokens. Go buy a single go navy box. Problem solved!

That was the problem. You can't. The event got extended but the crates were pulled a couple days short of the new finish, and people who'd left it to the very end to buy, possibly just in case they could get enough loyalty without paying, got locked out.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,217 posts
3,991 battles

I got 76 loyalty for eagles (somehow), and 50 loyalty for sharks... how did you play to end up with less loyalty than this? The only thing I can think of, is you didn't play every single day.

Even if you were to only obtain 3 loyalty points a day, you should've had 75 loyalty points, right now...

[ARGSY]
Members
1,318 posts
9,469 battles
3 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

I got 76 loyalty for eagles (somehow), and 50 loyalty for sharks... how did you play to end up with less loyalty than this? The only thing I can think of, is you didn't play every single day.

Even if you were to only obtain 3 loyalty points a day, you should've had 75 loyalty points, right now...

Yeah...it was, uh, INSANELY easy to get loads of free stuff. wth?

[-TKS-]
Members
337 posts
6,893 battles

if you only played 1 game a day you could only miss 1 day .  if you played 3-4 games a day you should have been able to miss like 11 days.   

And at the very least you get containers from scoring points by winning / killing ships. i too was a eagle to start and it was relatively easy to get in the top 1000.  finished with 95 containers would have had more if not for clan battles . 

[CAST]
Members
1,268 posts
7,781 battles

At least you had the chance to play.  I was away for the first 2 weeks.  And when I came back and loaded the last update, I haven't been able to play since due to crashing on game startup.  I did manage a couple of days on a different computer, but I basically have 2 days of play.  I have nothing, and I have generally completed every task for free stuff since the game launched 3 years ago.  I hope there is another way to get the free camos form my Des Moines and Wooster.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,529 posts
3,819 battles

I stuck with eagles the whole time and I had enough for the permanent Worcester eagle camo. And I was a filthy casual sooo..? 

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
639 posts
1,223 battles
51 minutes ago, Patton3rdarmy13 said:

There were 26 days to the event. If you did nothing but log in and choose the same team every day, you'd have earned 78 loyalty points. You could also get a recruitment offer each day, giving you two additional points per day. If you truly played every day, you'd have seen those. As for earning crates, the 100 point crate could easily be earned just by playing a few co-op games.

I have to wonder if you even bothered reading the rules. It's not as if they were hard to find.

[A-I-M]
Members
1,235 posts
6,596 battles
1 hour ago, Patton3rdarmy13 said:

Well it did not work out that way for me and I just needed 1 more day.

This is a last-ditch try, but it should work:

1. You get to chose your team every day when you log in the first time. If you want to earn another Eagles loyalty point, pick Eagles.

2. Play until you get the recruitment offer to switch. Click to remain an eagle.

3. The +2 Eagles Loyalty should be immediate. You get it today, right upon clicking.

4. Burn your tokens and get the camo today. There is no tomorrow.

If you've done that already and have only the 74, it's a bit late for you to learn this, but the objective was not to play every day, but to score team points every day. So, you needed to win battles or sink ships every day, or complete the specific missions.

[A-I-M]
Members
1,235 posts
6,596 battles
31 minutes ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

If you did nothing but log in and choose the same team every day..you'd have earned 78 loyalty points. You could also get a recruitment offer each day, giving you two additional points per day. If you truly played every day, you'd have seen those. As for earning crates, the 100 point crate could easily be earned just by playing a few co-op games.

I have to wonder if you even bothered reading the rules. It's not as if they were hard to find.

Not really correct. You had to score team points to get the team loyalty points. You also had to play to the point of getting the recruitment offer in order to accept or decline it. So, "If you did nothing but log in and choose the same team every day..." you'd have earned zero loyalty points.

So, it was possible to log in every day, and even play every day (but fail famously in playing) and not score points.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,217 posts
3,991 battles
2 hours ago, legozer said:

Yeah...it was, uh, INSANELY easy to get loads of free stuff. wth?

I know. I got the Eagle Camo for Wooster, though I currently do not have the ship. The rest of my tokens went to crates, because I already knew I wouldn't have enough for the Des Moines Freedom Camo.

[HECA]
Members
197 posts
3,646 battles

Umm... the loyalty points had nothing to do with the Sharks constant daily wins. The reward for the Daily win was one chest/container.

Loyalty points were basically rewarded for playing daily on a Tier V or higher, battle (fairly sure you had to put at least 1 point on the board, to qualify. So...either a Team win, a ship sinking or completing a RNG quota...)

You got 3 points daily for whatever team you choose at the beginning of your log-in for that day. I think it was rewarded at the end of the daily competition; not sure. And then later you were given a chance of getting an extra +2 points of loyalty, if you refused the offer to change teams for an extra chest; which was offered daily after a random number of games, regardless of which team you originally picked for that given day.  (The offered  seemed to appear after around 5 game, from what I could tell , more or less).

Edited by Hydra_360ci

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,231 posts
13,029 battles

No matter how they set it up, somebody was going to end up one point short, and that was going to legitimately feel like suck for that person. It's especially bad if you miss that last loyalty point, because it's worth 100 tokens.

The real screw-up was taking the crates out of the Premium Shop too early so people have literally no recourse. If they had left those in, people could at least throw money at the problem if they felt so inclined.

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
1,235 posts
6,596 battles
7 minutes ago, Hydra_360ci said:

Loyalty points were rewarded for playing daily, basically. 

(Long sighhhhhhh) No....

From the competition rules page:

How do you prove loyalty to your team?

• Stay in the team and lead it to victories as long as you can! If you earn at least one point before the end of the day, you get +3 to your team loyalty.
  • You can also prove loyalty to your team by refusing invitations from the enemy team that will try to tempt you over to their side. Before agreeing or refusing, you will have to weigh the consequences thoroughly. If you decide to switch teams, you will receive a container of the new team you join. If you refuse, you get +2 to your team loyalty. You can receive only one invitation per day.

If you change the team, you will also get +3 to loyalty to your new team.

After changing the team, you will be earning containers for the new team. You keep your personal score.

If you change team, your loyalty to the previous team does not change. At the end of the day, accumulated progress on the loyalty scale is not reset.

Now, that is the ENTIRE statement in the rules page regarding the actual earning of loyalty. You had to earn some number of daily team points greater than zero to get the day's 3-point loyalty earning. The direct page link is right here:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/go-navy-rules/

So, it was possible to log in every day, play every day, and on every day where you sink nothing, win nothing, and achieve nothing (special missions), and not play long enough to get the recruiter enticement...possible to get zero loyalty for those days.

Now, the reason this important difference would go unnoticed, is that the vast majority of us would not be satisfied to wind up our day with such a record of non-achievement for it, so we wouldn't find ourselves in that situation.

But, we've all played in randoms and have been astounded at teammates' performance. I gotta believe that some players out there will finish their WoWs day oblivious to this (or worse, satisfied with this).

[HECA]
Members
197 posts
3,646 battles

...hows that much different than what I explained? My main point was that loyalty had nothing to do with which team won. Only error I made was the line about the +3 loyalty points for the new team.

Edited by Hydra_360ci

Beta Testers
1,375 posts
3,674 battles
4 hours ago, Merlox said:

I didnt play too much and I ended up capping one side (sharks) and getting a few eagle tokens. I bought a single perma skin and the rest for crates..

To be honest I'm just happy for the crates. You know how many signals and coal you get from all of that for an event? That's going to hold you over for a while.

He can’t the containers were pulled early for some reason.

[SUCIT]
Members
916 posts
3,863 battles
4 hours ago, Patton3rdarmy13 said:

Lets complain about free stuff some more.  You had the chance to get it, be thankful that it wasn't behind a paywall.

[NOBS]
Members
651 posts
6,716 battles

I agree, what a joke, how dare WG give away free stuff just for logging in and playing a few games. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,704 posts
10,076 battles
6 hours ago, Patton3rdarmy13 said:

Play today and get that last loyalty token. I agree though all that extra free stuff for just playing normally really sucked. :Smile_hiding: