Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
legozer

Thank You Eagles

9 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
1,845 posts
11,983 battles

Wow. I really enjoyed the Sharks vs Eagles event. It was an opportunity to clean up on signals, camos, coal and oil for my clan. I stuck with the Eagles through the entire event, and picked up loads of bonus crates, in addition to a metric tonne of Eagles tokens that bought me 30+ crates and a bunch of nice camo that I was sorely in need of (need to stock up before the next season of ranked, after all).

I don't recall an event in which I was able to collect so much free stuff just for playing normally. That's the real thing: you didn't have to jump through hoops to earn points and bonuses, you just had to play T5 to T10 and try to win. Simple. Sure, you could pick up extra points by completing the missions that periodically popped up, and sometimes it happened, and other times it didn't, but it wasn't the deal breaker in the end.

So, it was a great event. Sure, things could be different next time to make it even better, but that's true of anything. I enjoyed the event and the bonuses that came along with it. Thanks.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
12,448 posts
7,908 battles
3 minutes ago, legozer said:

I stuck with the Eagles through the entire event, and picked up loads of bonus crates, in addition to a metric tonne of Eagles tokens that bought me 30+ crates and a bunch of nice camo that I was sorely in need of

Now here's the thing - I thought one would do better in that respect by picking up the loyalty-switch camo each day, but maybe the loyalty tokens gave a better yield if you weren't after the camo prizes (or didn't want more than one camo)? I only realised at the end how the loyalty tokens were awarded, fool me. (To quote Emperor Palpatine: "YOUNG FOOL!!! ONLY NOW, AT THE END, DO YOU UNDERSTAND!!!")

That being said, I started each day on Eagles and switched to Sharks, so I always got the winning-team-bonus crate as well as the loyalty-switch crate. I think I did alright, and not maximising daily crates-for-points was my own potato problem.

But that's academic. I got enough coal out of this to finish the Dunkirk and Bismarck collections, pick up the Campbeltown, and leave myself a nice reserve for grabbing a French crate or two when they get cheaper in the next patch. Like you, I'm good.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,152 posts
22,257 battles
8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Now here's the thing - I thought one would do better in that respect by picking up the loyalty-switch camo each day, but maybe the loyalty tokens gave a better yield if you weren't after the camo prizes (or didn't want more than one camo)? I only realised at the end how the loyalty tokens were awarded, fool me. (To quote Emperor Palpatine: "YOUNG FOOL!!! ONLY NOW, AT THE END, DO YOU UNDERSTAND!!!")

That being said, I started each day on Eagles and switched to Sharks, so I always got the winning-team-bonus crate as well as the loyalty-switch crate. I think I did alright, and not maximising daily crates-for-points was my own potato problem.

But that's academic. I got enough coal out of this to finish the Dunkirk and Bismarck collections, pick up the Campbeltown, and leave myself a nice reserve for grabbing a French crate or two when they get cheaper in the next patch. Like you, I'm good.

I changed from eagles to sharks after I reached 95 tokens and moved back with the eagles after I got the same from the fishy team. I bought 3 container from the store, I'm happy with my two T10 camos for my fav boats. Bather 20 container when I got my 100 eagles tokens. Now I have a good stock of economy flags,  130k coal and got within a week about 800 oil for the clan. While some details of the event could have been different all in all it was ok. But I feel, like some other players, a kind of burn out.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
12,448 posts
7,908 battles
1 minute ago, Erebthoron said:

But I feel, like some other players, a kind of burn out.

I looked at what was needed to max out, said :etc_swear: that, and decided just to play as well as I could and get as much as it brought me. That said, I don't want either the DM or the Worcester, so I didn't need the camos and wasn't sweating it like some people. 

[ARGSY]
Members
1,845 posts
11,983 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I looked at what was needed to max out, said :etc_swear: that, and decided just to play as well as I could and get as much as it brought me. That said, I don't want either the DM or the Worcester, so I didn't need the camos and wasn't sweating it like some people. 

Ditto. That's what I really liked about the event: just play normally and you still win.

• Cool 1

[-TKS-]
Members
607 posts
9,315 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

how many containers did you end winning by doing it that way? i was thinking about doing that but figured getting to the top of sharks would be hard .

there is a summary page for the go navy event for those who didnt know.

Edited by EyE_dYe_QuIck

[ARGSY]
Members
12,448 posts
7,908 battles
3 minutes ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

how many containers did you end winning by doing it that way?

I didn't count, but it was enough to get what I wanted before it was all over.

If I'd seriously wanted one of the T10 camos, I would have stuck with one team all the way through.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[WOLF9]
Members
9,753 posts
4,299 battles

I didn't play enough to get more than two containers per event day -- probably averaged about one.

I got no more than three win containers after switching to Sharks.  No Treason containers.  Bought 4 Eagle containers in the Arsenal.

Ended with 34 Go Navy! containers (one slot 1&2 contents unknown since I didn't write it down):

• 22 S&S and Eagles/Sharks camos
  • 11 Draconic flags
  • 170 Economic signals, including 35 ESCL
  • 15,300 Coal
  • 1 DM permacamo
  • 28 S&S camo
  • 340 oil

All for pretty much playing like normal.  I'm a happy boy.

OTOH. had I been more avaricious I could have had 22 or so more Win containers with Sharks.

[-TKS-]
Members
607 posts
9,315 battles
59 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I didn't count, but it was enough to get what I wanted before it was all over.

If I'd seriously wanted one of the T10 camos, I would have stuck with one team all the way through.

when you log in next , you can click the go navy banner (where the shark /eagle used to be) . itll give you the summary and how many containers you got. 

i got 95 containers 75 loyalty from eagles and 50 from shark which i used to buy more containers . 

Sign in to follow this