You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BiggieD61

Not Happy with "Go Navy" Containers Removal

151 comments in this topic

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,080 posts
11,053 battles

After I reached the 50 point loyalty level on the Eagles team last night, I logged in this morning to see that I had 115 Eagle tokens in my account.  I had previously purchased two single Go Navy crates, and I just needed to buy one more to get the last 10 tokens for the second tier 10 premium camo  achievable.  I logged into the Premium shop and saw the crates, but when I ordered one, it gave me the "whoops! There is a problem..." splash page.  I then reloaded the page and the crates were gone from view.  I tried the same thing from the in game premium shop, and they were available as well, but it would accept my payment - giving me the error and then vanishing when I looked a second time. 

I respect your decision to extend the Go Navy event, and I will suck it up if you decide not to bring the crates back - but this smells like a mistake that one of your web guys did based on a previous deadline, not a conscious choice.  If you could re-open the crates until the end of the event I think it would be helpful not just for myself, but others who have been waiting to see how many they needed to get that second tier 10 perma camo.  If not, .... oh well, I guess I am the fool for not being able to predict that crates would stop being sold the day the event finished.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[ARGSY]
Members
7,173 posts
4,874 battles

The lesson here is never to leave things to the last minute, but yeah, you'd think the crate removal would have been tied explicitly to the end of the event.

This is why I bought my Monaghan early last week. I wanted to try one set of Freedom crates to see if I got unlock missions, and I knew I needed enough time to play those out. (In the end I didn't get any, so I had to buy the Monaghan as well as the crates, but I'd accepted that risk before I put the money down and took home 100 much-needed Draconic flags as my consolation prize.)

• Bad 2

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,939 posts
10,404 battles
20 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

I respect your decision to extend the Go Navy event

Some one already had pointed out the sale will end before the event end in another post ........... 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,594 posts
10,056 battles
2 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

Some one already had pointed out the sale will end before the event end in another post ........... 

This whole 'Go Navy' event is a blistering mess of NON-INFORMATION.

There seems to be no schedule, no specific details, and no place to go for answers to questions.

Like:  When the event/update ends, tokens will be exchanged for credits...   HOW MANY ???

So important stuff happens and lots of folks get an unfortunate surprises.

</patience>

• Cool 5

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles
12 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

That was me.  But here's the thing: I was wrong.  WG had announced that the Freedom containers were leaving the shop early morning on August 20, and I had mixed up the Freedom containers with the Go Navy containers.  But if the Go Navy containers really have left the shop as well (I haven't logged on yet), then yeah, I join in Biggie's consternation and in the feeling that this could have been much better flagged.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,939 posts
10,404 battles
12 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

and no place to go for answers to questions.

Actually, the Off-Topic sub forum is a great place to ask and people genuinely answered.

4 minutes ago, Lillehuntrix said:

That was me. 

Thank to you, i got the crates just before they got pull out and got what i wanted/need. I dont leave until the very end

41 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

sold the day the event finished.

Sorry to hear that WG shut it short on you

[SVF]
Members
988 posts
1,362 battles
14 minutes ago, Lillehuntrix said:

But if the Go Navy containers really have left the shop as well (I haven't logged on yet), then yeah, I join in Biggie's consternation and in the feeling that this could have been much better flagged.

Both the Go Navy and Freedom containers are gone, yes.

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,080 posts
11,053 battles

A you-tuber put out a video that we posted in our clan discord about the way to maximize the tokens from the event.  His point was to show how to maximize the amount of tier 10 camos you could earn for each level of crates you purchased by maxing loyalty to one team and then switching to the other.  It was possible to earn 3 tier 10 camos by purchasing 6 crates - and to earn 2 tier 10 camos by purchasing 3 crates.  I was set to get one for my Worcester and one for my Des Moines.  If WG had provided a 3 crate offer from the beginning, I would have purchased it instead of buying them 1 at a time.  I actually bought one last night, was getting ready to buy the last one I needed when my youngest son called from work to pick him up.  As soon as I got up this morning I went to buy it, but it was in the process of getting pulled at 7:45 this morning.  Hopefully they can get the option back up before the end of the day - the two crates I bought are a waste for me otherwise.

• Cool 1

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,939 posts
10,404 battles
4 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

3 tier 10 camos by purchasing 6 crates

The same question i made, and was answered. Got it done asap, and i dont wait, and i got 3 camo!

[INTEL]
Members
769 posts
8,341 battles

One of the things that WG does that has only recently sunk in for me is that they announce an end date that has the cut-off very early in that morning.  It took me the longest time to realize that unless I got up very early in the morning and did what I needed to do, the event was done and that date was actually Date-1 in real terms.  I think most of us have understood that in almost all other deadlines you have that full day to accomplish what's needed.  I work with people all around the globe and I usually set a deadline for submission of work by COB (Close of Business) or midnight their local time.

Edited by ClassicLib
  • Cool 2

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,001 posts
10,267 battles
36 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

When the event/update ends, tokens will be exchanged for credits...   HOW MANY ???

I happened to look at it last night and it states "500,000 credits for every 10 tokens" .  So they did tell us .  HOWEVER they do not tell what you get for less then 10 tokens which seems quite strange .  

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[OPG]
Supertester
1,964 posts
10,869 battles

My guess would be exactly what you theorized already;

1 hour ago, BiggieD61 said:

... this smells like a mistake that one of your web guys did based on a previous deadline, not a conscious choice...

As they have explained to us in the past, there are multiple teams specializing in the store, and marketing overall and events.  Likely one team changed the date to benefit the community (a good thing) and the other team didn't get the memo and/or didn't put two and two together to update the sale dates to match.   

I mean WG wants our money, they knew many were going to top off at the end, so HIGHLY doubtful this was a purposeful decision to end sales earlier than the event.   

Edited by SyndicatedINC
  • Cool 4

[CAPGO]
Members
607 posts
3,575 battles
3 minutes ago, SyndicatedINC said:

My guess would be exactly what you theorized already;

As they have explained to us in the past, there are multiple teams specializing in the store, and marketing overall and events.  Likely one team changed the date to benefit the community (a good thing) and the other team didn't get the memo and/or didn't put two and two together to update the sale dates to match.   

I mean WG wants our money, they knew many were going to top off at the end, so HIGHLY doubtful this was a purposeful decision to end sales earlier than the event.   

I really hope this is the case because me and my wife was going to spend money to top off our token at the end of the event. If they do not restore option to buy the crates, the whole Go Navy event would been big waste of time for both of us and we would be really disappointed.

Edited by 0806sung
  • Cool 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
1,610 posts
2,103 battles

Wow...really.   &%$# !!    That blows.   Just wow!?!   I know I lost some unspent tokens....  Same ol WG.. Communication to this server in all their games is really suspect.  

After logging in I found this gripe to be in error....Apologies WG. All was fine and I spent my tokens.  I hope the Dem Camo is mine when I finally research her!!  

• Cool 1

Members
10 posts
63 battles
10 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

Wow...really.   &%$# !!    That blows.   Just wow!?!   I know I lost some unspent tokens....  Same ol WG.. Communication to this server in all their games is really suspect.  

Indeed it suspect.

It not the first time that strange stuff hapen...or that WG make bad decision or that their event turn into a joke.

it feel like some people in the manager team on NA are sleeping on the job.

This game is becoming more and more of a joke... and they wonder why so many people left and they wonder why they struggle to bring new player.

Edited by Captain_Deadpool_
  • Cool 1

[QNA]
Members
93 posts
4,860 battles
46 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

I happened to look at it last night and it states "500,000 credits for every 10 tokens" .  So they did tell us .  HOWEVER they do not tell what you get for less then 10 tokens which seems quite strange .  

:Smile_honoring:

I read the rules here:

GO NAVY! Competition Rules

Scroll down about 2/3 of the way, under "A New Arsenal Section," and it states that the payout per token remaining is 50k per token, paid after the next update released, so that seems to be the official answer.

• Cool 2

[REVY]
Members
1 post
4,020 battles

Yeah I was waiting to last day to see how many tokens I was short before buying crates since I had no idea how many I'd earn. Double checked the end date listed in game last night and it says 21.08 Went to buy this morning but can't. Are they going to put them back up? if not guess I saved myself some money and they won't be getting anything more from me for sometime.

The lack of solid communication about this, yes I had rechecked the posts on warships website and only found it saying any crates opened after patch 7.8 would give 500k credits per 10 tokens instead of the tokens.

Mildly irritating if they're gone I kinda wanted Shark camo for when I get to Worcester.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,594 posts
10,056 battles

I know there are some who got their plans crashed, and dreams crushed. 

But personally, I made out pretty good.  Spent some on Doubloons and free-Xp'd to the Worchester in one account  and Des Moines in the other.

So I played the event in TWO accounts..  which took a couple hours a day..  But this is a game I actually enjoy playing anyway - reward or not.

Both accounts were on the Eagles, but after getting the Worcester, went over to sharks to collect the camo drops.

I never would have ground/bought the Worcester if it weren't for this event.  Same for the Des Moines in the other..  Opportunities..

Finished up Sunday afternoon.  Played the 'Chicken Feather' Des Moines in a couple Clan battles, rather than rentals.

It's a bit drastic with the loyalty/token system.  You need 125, but either have 95 or 195, with the last tick of 75 loyalty.

I'm glad I had the time to partake in this event, but I plan on taking the next couple events off...

Next Event:  SINK A CV A DAY FOR 30 DAYS STRAIGHT AND GET A FREE GRAF ZEPPELLIN...

Oh crap... here, hold my beer.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
10 posts
63 battles

Lets see how much time it will take for someone of WG to come here and explain this mess...

maybe we could get a compensation also for

- The bad Communication in this event

- The bad Organisation in this event

- The bad Management in this event

(Again)

Edited by Captain_Deadpool_

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
572 posts
1,195 battles

Regardless of the change of the end of event date, since tokens could still be spent up until the patch on the 22nd, you would have thought the crates would have been available in the shop until then as well..

[OO7]
Members
3,307 posts
9,766 battles

So we still got tokens to spend and can still spend them, but no way to get more tokens to finish out some of the higher priced rewards? That's poorly thought out. 

Did WG not realize that today would probably be one of the best days to have them for sale??? @Pigeon_of_War

I'm kind of miffed because I didn't get a chance to figure it our yesterday due to family expansion event happening a couple days early, which obviously, if I missed the boat on buying crates, I missed the boat and obviously family comes first (for me at least) . But it still seems pretty poor timing on WG's part. 

Edited by Ducky_shot

[SOB]
[SOB]
Members
254 posts
4,024 battles
23 minutes ago, Captain_Deadpool_ said:

maybe we could get a compensation also for

And just how much do you think they owe you? 

Sheesh the entitlement mindset ppl have these days... 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1