You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Col_Calibre

Selling Ships I Don't Use and Their XP

4 comments in this topic

[OGV]
[OGV]
Members
56 posts
5,288 battles

I have just a few ships in Tier 1, 2 & 3 that I have not used in several weeks.  I would like to sell them and keep the XP they have earned for some amount of trade value.

Are those amounts considered in the amounts for an ordinary sell ?

I want to go up a notch from T5 to T6 and some of the unused XP would sure help with the move. They have 5-digit amounts and I would hate to lose all that effort.

Also, I have not been one to use doubloons for anything so, equating XP credits would not be considered.

Basically, what happens to the ship XP once we sell the ship ?

Thank-you.  :cap_hmm:

[ZR]
Members
963 posts
11,649 battles

The ship XP stays on the ship unless you have unlocked all the modules and the next ship in its line and it becomes elite, then you can convert it to free xp with doubloons.

When you sell a ship the XP will still be there if you buy it back.

Edited by MountainManxDan

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,096 posts
13,276 battles

@Col_Calibre if the ships are Elite status when you sell them the XP stays in a pool for you to be able to convert it to Free XP using doubloons then the Free XP can be used to research any other ship and its components. If the ship is not elite the ship XP stays with it but you get it back if you rebuy the ship. Premium ships are elite from the start and earn both Ship XP and Free XP but the Ship XP has to be converted to Free XP using Doubloons to be used since there is no Tech Tree progression for Premium Ships.

[TBW]
Members
6,576 posts
12,427 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Calibre said:

Also, I have not been one to use doubloons for anything so, equating XP credits would not be considered.

If you don't convert the XP to free XP with doubloons, it doesn't matter anyway. If you have the port slots why sell a ship? If you need the slot for another ship then sell it. I personally don't sell any ships, I have 234 in port as of yesterday. I don't pay to convert either, my cash is spent pretty much on premium ships.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1