You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
C4shFlo

Go Navy not over but containers are gone from the store.

12 comments in this topic

[STORM]
Members
10 posts
6,777 battles

I ended the event with 73 sharks loyalty. I would happily buy a container to complete the event and get the Des Moines camo but the containers were pulled from the store already. Why? The event ends tomorrow!

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
10,266 posts
8,519 battles
2 minutes ago, C4shFlo said:

I ended the event with 73 sharks loyalty. I would happily buy a container to complete the event and get the Des Moines camo but the containers were pulled from the store already. Why? The event ends tomorrow!

How close were you to getting the camo?

[PVE]
Members
15,345 posts
10,157 battles
2 minutes ago, C4shFlo said:

Don't know, but there are a lot of threads on it.

[STORM]
Members
10 posts
6,777 battles
Just now, LittleWhiteMouse said:

How close were you to getting the camo?

I have 73 loyalty to Sharks so 2 more loyalty and I would have had all the tokens, I have 95 tokens right now.

[-BRS-]
Members
469 posts
9,423 battles

I finished with 120 tokens.  5 flipping tokens short.  I, too, would buy a crate if I could.

[ARGSY]
Members
12,478 posts
7,908 battles

OMG. all these people who waited till the very last minute... WHY? You knew you needed them; surely the right way was to get them early (as soon as you found you couldn't do without them) and let any extras you earned in combat convert to credits.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[-BRS-]
Members
469 posts
9,423 battles

I miscalculated the days.  Thought I had another day left.  My own fault, yes, on the miscalculation, but it would have been nice to have the option to buy a crate.  Oh well....

Edited by TheCompGuy25

Members
6 posts

This post is just to voice my displeasure with the removal of the "Go Navy" containers from the premium store.  I am not talking about the "Go Eagles,"  or "Go Sharks" containers from the Arsonal  that you buy with tokens.  I am talking about the "Go Navy" containers sold for $4.99 each that contained 10 tokens for each team, as well as some other signal flags. I am fully aware that the event has ended, but maybe it was silly of me to assume you (WoW) would have continued selling the containers for a few days after the event ending to allow people the chance to obtain additional tokens.

Why would I want more tokens?  Well, I maxed out loyalty on the Eagles, got my 195 tokens, and spent 125 on the camo for the Worcester. 
I then switched to sharks, and started earning loyalty with them. I did the math, just to make sure I could in fact reach the 50 loyalty mark and receive a total of 95 tokens. And I could, if I played everyday. There were some days that I was tired from work and life, etc etc etc, but I got on an played long enough to decline my recruitment offer, and get my additional loyalty. 

I did the grind,  got my 50 loyalty, and 95 tokens, plus the one free "Go Navy" container from the first stage of the newest combat mission "Strike Hard and Fast" or whatever it's called, bringing my total up to 105. So I only needed to buy 2 more "Go Navy" containers today to have enough tokens to purchase a second camo, this one for my Des Moines.

Why didn't I buy them earlier? Because I didn't want to spend money, and end up missing a day causing me to fall short of the 50 loyalty and the bonus that went with it.

My question for you, (WoW) is why wouldn't you allow the purchase of crates for a few more days after the event has ended?  I get it, the event is over. However, from a sales perspective, I can't be the only one who would like to buy a few more containers to get the right amount of tokens needed to purchase something. 

OR - Why couldn't you have made the info available to the public on your website / in game premium store / news etc etc etc, that the ability to purchase the "Go Navy" containers would expire when the event ended?

All in all, I am pretty pissed off that I chose to stay up late a few nights to grind out the needed tokens to complete the mission, only to be robbed the day the event ends. Why wouldn't you want my money?

I have been playing since beta, and have given you guys a lot of money over the years.... But this is the 2nd time in a month this game has left a bad taste in my mouth.... I am think it may be time for me to start looking for something else to play in my spare time.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
728 posts
1,897 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

OMG. all these people who waited till the very last minute... WHY? You knew you needed them; surely the right way was to get them early (as soon as you found you couldn't do without them) and let any extras you earned in combat convert to credits.

Everyone would have to have predicted their entire personal life schedule between the start date and end date to do that...what if someone's relative passed away or they ended up in the hospital and were AFK for a few days, only to come back and find the time they thought they had was gone and the crates were gone too?  Sure, everyone could have estimated the number of crates they might need before it was over, but then if something happened in RL and they fell short, well the money they spent on crates didn't get them the camo they wanted and then they weren't able to buy more because they got pulled out of the shop a day early, so that would have been a wasted purchase if they didn't really want anything else with the tokens.

Do you always prepurchase your next set of tires for your car/truck?  What happens if it gets totaled in a wreck and those tires don't fit any other car you have?  You've wasted your money.  Same concept here...why buy something until you're at the point that you really need it? 

[OPEC]
[OPEC]
Members
962 posts
5,272 battles
8 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

Everyone would have to have predicted their entire personal life schedule between the start date and end date to do that...

I don't think everyone on the forum comprehends that there is a very wide demographic of folks that play this game - many of whom are older and have a lot of life commitments that fall outside the scope of gaming...

• Cool 1

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
728 posts
1,897 battles
5 minutes ago, delp5117 said:

I don't think everyone on the forum comprehends that there is a very wide demographic of folks that play this game - many of whom are older and have a lot of life commitments that fall outside the scope of gaming...

Exactly, and for a free event, I got everything out of it that I wanted, and really WG is the one that lost out on a bunch of revenue from others that wanted to top off their tokens at the end of the event to buy goodies.

• Cool 1