You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

7.8 patch notes are up

79 comments in this topic

[WOLFG]
Members
5,702 posts
3,515 battles
27 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Improving the logic of bots in co-op battles sounds good, but if they're significantly harder than they are now, we need to talk about better XP rewards. Seriously. Not random levels, perhaps, but better than they are now.

I am not certain what they mean by improving logic.  Sometimes at low tier, they just seem to sit there confused about what to do. 

[ARGSY]
Members
12,500 posts
7,945 battles
2 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Sometimes at low tier, they just seem to sit there confused about what to do. 

I'm pretty sure the changes are implicit in the behaviour you've observed; it will make them less confused and less inclined to just sit there.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,127 posts
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I am not certain what they mean by improving logic.  Sometimes at low tier, they just seem to sit there confused about what to do. 

Set up a bot battle in the training room 12 x 12. put them on low AI and moving and fight the battle.....

There's your new AI....:Smile_teethhappy:

Biggest change  is they are far more fearful, unwilling to yolo and can dance like a Unicum avoiding fire while running away....

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
6,606 posts
10,970 battles
9 minutes ago, mofton said:

There is a lot, but if you dig down they're just releasing 2 IJN destroyers and re-heating the sick of an old Ranked season to serve it up again.

200 new permacamo's don't really add much 'content'.

I'd give up pretty much everything else in this update for new maps.  Or a non-T10 Ranked season.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,840 posts
12,067 battles
2 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I'd give up pretty much everything else in this update for new maps.  Or a non-T10 Ranked season.

New maps would be fantastic, though at least they're looking at changing some of them according to the dev blog.

I have never felt so unenthusiastic going into a ranked season...

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
5,702 posts
3,515 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm pretty sure the changes are implicit in the behaviour you've observed; it will make them less confused and less inclined to just sit there.

That would be good.

Members
1,518 posts
8,984 battles
5 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

yea.  i have to agree with the new maps.  A new map once every year or for low, mid, and high tier is just too slow for me.  map updates are good for improving/keeping old maps fresh, but we really need to new maps to break up the same old rotation. 

Members
23,178 posts
5,841 battles

So does anybody else feel that T4 no longer needs "protection", because now, new players will literally only take almost half the time to grind through it?

Could this be a precursor to removing said protection?

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,143 posts
5,961 battles
14 minutes ago, mofton said:

New maps would be fantastic, though at least they're looking at changing some of them according to the dev blog.

I have never felt so unenthusiastic going into a ranked season...

eeeh i'm not exactly thrilledabout wows maps,it's water 80% of the time,the islands are there just for concealment,hugging and novelty.

wot maps have more things:type of the ground(road,grass,mud,snow or water),foliage,hills,destructable objects,buildings where you can sidescrap and more. i can understand wot playerbase crusade for more maps(and they are making more) but wows maps don't take that much priority i think.

Edited by Cruxdei

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,624 posts
2 hours ago, mofton said:

So. Many. Camouflageeesssss!

Despite that, DoY will still suck no matter how many premium camouflage options are thrown at it. It is nice to see what looks like an actual historic camo for Hood make an appearance as a discrete unit, and not as part of the $100 'bend over for bundle'.

Right?  They really need to buff DoY to just be KGV with hydro.

1 hour ago, zarth12 said:

Stalingrad released, still gated.
The wallets stay locked. Enjoy the continued revenue hit WG.

Pretty sure they haven't noticed any difference whatsoever.  LOL

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
15,390 posts
10,187 battles
1 hour ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

I hate the constant tier 10 everything. Ranked, CBs, mods, Halsey missions. Come on. I feel like all I've done for the past four months in this game is look at my Yueyang. How about using other tiers for Ranked and CBs? I'd be OK with tier VI, VII, VIII, and IX. 

Well Ranked is T8 through R16, T10 from R15 to R2 and T5 at R1.

Clan Battles is all R10, yes. This CB seasons post survey asked what tiers people would like to use.

The Unique Upgrades are only for that T10 ship so it makes sense to use that ship to get it. The mission works in any mode, so just play the T10s and you will get them. They are permanent, so take your time.

The Halsey campaign is T8-T10, so you can play your T8s.

Instead of Yueyang, you could play your Grozovoi, Khab, Gearing, Z-52, Grosser Kurfurst, Republique, rental cruiser or other ship don't have.

Members
392 posts
11,709 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

Well Ranked is T8 through R16, T10 from R15 to R2 and T5 at R1.

Clan Battles is all R10, yes. This CB seasons post survey asked what tiers people would like to use.

The Unique Upgrades are only for that T10 ship so it makes sense to use that ship to get it. The mission works in any mode, so just play the T10s and you will get them. They are permanent, so take your time.

The Halsey campaign is T8-T10, so you can play your T8s.

Instead of Yueyang, you could play your Grozovoi, Khab, Gearing, Z-52, Grosser Kurfurst, Republique, rental cruiser or other ship don't have.

I understand what you're saying. 

I ranked out last season, so I won't get to play the Lo Yang for the tier 8 part of ranked this season. 

I responded to the in-game survey yesterday and begged WG for other tiers. I'm sick of tier 10. 

I finished the Halsey campaign in about three weeks. 

I have been playing the other tier Xs to work to the mods. I got the YY one form CBs. 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,190 posts
22,281 battles
17 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

So does anybody else feel that T4 no longer needs "protection", because now, new players will literally only take almost half the time to grind through it?

Could this be a precursor to removing said protection?

They should never have done it in the first time.

Wish they would add the difference in XP to the freeXP if you have already researched those ships.

[PVE]
Members
15,390 posts
10,187 battles
2 minutes ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

I understand what you're saying. 

I ranked out last season, so I won't get to play the Lo Yang for the tier 8 part of ranked this season. 

I responded to the in-game survey yesterday and begged WG for other tiers. I'm sick of tier 10. 

I finished the Halsey campaign in about three weeks. 

I have been playing the other tier Xs to work to the mods. I got the YY one form CBs. 

We are a casual clan, so getting stomped by the serious clan's team B in CB sucked. I suggested that the clans B teams be one or two leagues lower than their A teams, so new squall league teams aren't trounced by the older clans.

I have only the DM at T10, so I used some rental ships in CB. I'll need to practice my PvP play, IF I get to rank 15.

Since I'm a PvE main, 7:1 PvE:PvP, I'll just keep playing the DM and some day get the Unique Upgrade. I have the NC, Richelieu, and Cleveland, so I'm getting closer to more T10s. I have the Ognevoi from the RU DD split, but my DD play is subpar, so I have not played it much.

P.S. Go Buccaneers! :Smile_glasses:

• Cool 1

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
2 hours ago, Cruxdei said:

nah,that will just make me stop playing ranked at rank 15.maybe they changed the break to avoid a lot of players getting steel.

Lol. Pretty much. I will drive to 10 like I usually do, time permitting. 

It's gonna be ugly though.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,330 posts
7,870 battles
23 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Pretty sure they haven't noticed any difference whatsoever.  LOL

Considering it started as CB only and moved onto Steel, I would say they have. Especially considering the rewards for competitive are now getting cosmetic (see copper).

But hey, I am sure you are just ignorant to how the F2P model works and who keeps the lights on.

• Boring 1

[REVY]
Members
1,469 posts
9,404 battles

if this is the 3rd anniversary, why are there giant number 2s on alot of those camos?

[NGAGE]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
4,569 posts
6,862 battles

I really don't get why the Stalingrad's unique camo offers so much worse economic bonuses than the Flint's and Black's.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
729 posts
1,907 battles

So no new coal ships for the Arsenal...does that mean Jean Bart is likely to be an FXP ship?

Also, anyone else notice on the new camo patterns available for some of the premium ships that they feature the Guild Wars logo?  I haven't read of any Guild Wars tie-in to WoWS...anyone have more info on this?

Edited by Bonfor

Members
23,178 posts
5,841 battles
41 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

They should never have done it in the first time.

Wish they would add the difference in XP to the freeXP if you have already researched those ships.

Agreed.

I just rebought a few T5s too, should have waited lol.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
729 posts
1,907 battles
21 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

if this is the 3rd anniversary, why are there giant number 2s on alot of those camos?

Didn't see your post until after I posted...those are the Guild Wars logos...not sure why they are tied in with WoWS just yet...

Edited by Bonfor

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,794 posts
3,975 battles
26 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

7 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

So no new coal ships for the Arsenal...does that mean Jean Bart is likely to be an FXP ship?

Also, anyone else notice on the new camo patterns available for some of the premium ships that they feature the Guild Wars logo?  I haven't read of any Guild Wars tie-in to WoWS...anyone have more info on this?

Both of those "2" Camouflage are actually from the Chinese server, celebrating their own little release Anniversary, IIRC.

As far as FXP Premiums go, it looks like Alaska is next up, being the first between her and JB to be brought into live testing.

7.8 is looking to be rather exciting.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
729 posts
1,907 battles
9 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

Both of those "2" Camouflage are actually from the Chinese server, celebrating their own little release Anniversary, IIRC.

As far as FXP Premiums go, it looks like Alaska is next up, being the first between her and JB to be brought into live testing.

7.8 is looking to be rather exciting.

From the Chinese WoWS server?  It looks so close to the Guild Wars logo that I'd be worried about copyright infringements if I were them!

image.png.3e306dc8bd3673429a00dd75773c8861.png

The Jean Bart has already been in testing, so I'd expect that one to come out live before Alaska...

Edited by Bonfor
pic & stuff

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
754 posts
1,647 battles

Says the number of captains you can earn is unlimited. I do hope that means we can buy multiples, as I could really use some more 10-point captains for specific nations.

Probably just means we can earn all of them, though.

[BNKR]
Members
233 posts
1,936 battles

Considering I have one tier 8 (Mass), and I'm not playing much outside of T4-7 (with some 3s as well) to continue my learning, I guess my first exposure to Ranked will be very limited, if at all. 

Kinda disappointed, as I was looking forward to really cranking up my learning, but I guess I still have plenty of other things to do. 

Also, as a relative noob, I'd like to see another lower or mid tier campaign. But that might just be me. I enjoyed working through - and now going back to work on more tasks - the intro campaign. 

Oh, I also dont hide the fact that I only have 220ish games in Random, and that most are in co-op. So I'm interested to see these new bots. 

Edited by CatSnipah