Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mrieder79

Suggestion for Ognevoi buff

12 comments in this topic

Members
366 posts
5,492 battles

Ognevoi is the second worst tier VIII DD. (shockingly, HSF Harekaze is bottom, don't know why that is).

Anyone who has played Ognevoi knows that, while she can be a fun and rewarding ship, she struggles. I think an improved rudder shift would make her more competitive without making her overpowered in any way.

Right now, her B hull rudder shift is 4.8 seconds. She is worthless without the concealment module, so taking steering mod 3 is not viable. You can get it down to 4.0 with steering mod 2, but then you are left with sluggish acceleration. 

I'd say drop the B hull rudder shift to 3.8 seconds. That way you can get better handling out of her. She doesn't have the typical RU DD lightning speed, therefore this wouldn't turn her into a mini-khab or anything. I think it would go a long way to make her more popular and comfortable.

• Cool 2

[-K-]
Members
6,454 posts
10,702 battles

Even when she was at T6, Ognevoi always seemed like the black sheep of the line.  A few of us still remember how easily her turrets used to get knocked out.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,920 posts
14,539 battles

One of the most balanced and well-reasoned buff proposals I've ever seen on this forum.

• Cool 3

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,515 posts
7,510 battles
51 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Even when she was at T6, Ognevoi always seemed like the black sheep of the line.  A few of us still remember how easily her turrets used to get knocked out.

Losing all guns is fine :Smile_veryhappy:

[WOLFC]
Members
441 posts
18,922 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

One of the most balanced and well-reasoned buff proposals I've ever seen on this forum.

Quick! Someone take a picture. Who knows when it will happen again.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
6,454 posts
10,702 battles
20 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

Losing all guns is fine :Smile_veryhappy:

Remember when Atlanta used to have the same problem?

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,515 posts
7,510 battles
23 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Remember when Atlanta used to have the same problem?

I never owned an Atlanta, but I once knocked out four turrets on one in a single engagement :Smile_teethhappy:

[-K-]
Members
6,454 posts
10,702 battles
1 hour ago, SireneRacker said:

I never owned an Atlanta, but I once knocked out four turrets on one in a single engagement :Smile_teethhappy:

Yeah, it's turrets used to be made of glass.  Good thing it had so many.

1 hour ago, CarbonButtprint said:

I'll be honest, I forgot Ognevoi even existed. 

Most people do.  It wasn't very relevant at T6, nor is it much better off at T8.

Members
102 posts
8,963 battles

I found ognevoi was fairly strong for randoms.  It has good torps (quantity w/ range over quality), AA (has Def AA consumable), good guns for he spam at distance, respectable concealment, it is fairly good at a lot of things.  You don't want to get in gun duels against gunboat destroyers, but otherwise it does a lot of things well.

Edited by RedRushian

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles
4 minutes ago, RedRushian said:

I found ognevoi was fairly strong for randoms.  It has good torps (quantity w/ range over quality), AA (has Def AA consumable), good guns for he spam at distance, respectable concealment, it is fairly good at a lot of things.  You don't want to get in gun duels against gunboat destroyers, but otherwise it does a lot of things well.

I agree, its a well rounded boat. I feel like 1 more gun, for 5 total would make it more relevant. I don't play it as much as I used to though because of other better T8 dds.

[NWNG]
Members
2,821 posts
4,689 battles
4 hours ago, Lert said:

2 hours ago, Rumple010 said:

Quick! Someone take a picture. Who knows when it will happen again.

I agree with both quotes above.

Sign in to follow this