Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
icehaddock

Khaba or Groz

16 comments in this topic

[NASTY]
[NASTY]
Members
111 posts
5,747 battles

Only 20K Xp to grind for Minsk

Plan was always to go to down the Khaba line. But now I'm nor sure anymore. Can't see myself doing both 

Greatly appreciated if you would provide your suggestions and why. In particular interested in opinions from players who have either or both

[ICBM]
Members
366 posts
5,492 battles

Groz is easier and can fill more traditional roles. Koob requires a specialized play style to really help your team. Fun-wise, I like them both but they are vastly different experiences. If you like Kiev and Tashkent, then you'll probably like Khab. If you like more traditional DD stuff like USN dds or Ognevoi, you'll like Grozzo. 

[-K-]
Members
5,477 posts
9,417 battles
30 minutes ago, _Bunyan_ said:

Groz is a far superior bote in every way. Khan is a shelfish bote.

So much this.  Grozovoi is a much more engaging DD experience all around.

[USCG]
Members
250 posts
13,445 battles

Since they gave the Groz a heal she has quickly become one of my favorite T10 DDs. Fast, strong guns, good stealth and fair torps make her a well balanced ship. Throw in that heal and you can stay in the battle much longer. Khab is strong as well. Buzz around at max gun range and burn things is pretty much her play style. Whenever I go up against one they are always that one annoying ship in the distance you can’t hit but can hit you...again...and again. Since she gets a heal as well she too can stay and play for quite awhile. In the end it depends on your play style to see which route you wish to go. Good luck...

[NASTY]
[NASTY]
Members
111 posts
5,747 battles

Many thanks for quick feedback

Sigh, decisions, decisions.  I hate fighting Khaba so always thought I should get one and the idea of running and burning sounds good but I also know that I get bored with repetitive things (example three seasons of CB with same formula with in between unchanged ranked, am I the only one getting little tired with T10 ships). 

So perhaps I should go down Groz  because Khaba is one dimensional game play  but then Groz is then just like another DD......  Why do I find this decision so hard.... arrrrgh. 

Based on current feedback I'm starting to lean to Groz.  

Members
760 posts
7,021 battles
2 hours ago, icehaddock said:

Plan was always to go to down the Khaba line. But now I'm nor sure anymore. Can't see myself doing both 

Greatly appreciated if you would provide your suggestions and why. In particular interested in opinions from players who have either or both

They are very different boats, with very different playstyles.

Khab shoots the entire match, and is capable of some pretty respectable damage numbers - but can be challenging to use in traditional DD roles, and objective play.

Groz plays more like a high-bred - capable of open water gunboating, but with 6km concealment (with CE and upgrade), perfectly capable of traditional DD play including stealth torping and objectives.

As others have said - they are very different boats- so you'll probably want both.

My preference is Groz - as I find her playstyle more interesting.

[SPTR]
Members
3,497 posts
5,929 battles

One is always known as a literal meme, the manifestation of Russian bias. The other is not.
You will be the judge which is which.

[DD214]
Members
761 posts

Khabarovsk is one of my favorite ships. It plays more like a light cruiser, even more so since the torps were nerfed. It is hard to kill and very nimble as long as you use every rudder mod available.

[CUTIE]
Members
1,438 posts
6,203 battles
2 hours ago, icehaddock said:

Why not both?

[NASTY]
[NASTY]
Members
111 posts
5,747 battles
15 minutes ago, Harv72b said:

Why not both?

Not enough time.  Need some for RL  :Smile_smile:

[-BRS-]
Members
662 posts
12,447 battles
4 hours ago, icehaddock said:

One thing I will note, the Khab can be played more in a destroyer role and not just a distance super light cruiser but it takes a different captain and upgrade setup, and it's not necessarily easy to learn if you have some ingrained habits already from what everyone else here tells you to do.

To answer the question though, in terms of what ship is more fun, I would say the Khab, but in terms of usefulness and utility, definitely the Groz.

[NASTY]
[NASTY]
Members
111 posts
5,747 battles
3 hours ago, Lightninger said:

One thing I will note, the Khab can be played more in a destroyer role and not just a distance super light cruiser but it takes a different captain and upgrade setup, and it's not necessarily easy to learn if you have some ingrained habits already from what everyone else here tells you to do.

To answer the question though, in terms of what ship is more fun, I would say the Khab, but in terms of usefulness and utility, definitely the Groz.

Thanks!  That is what I always thought.  Perhaps not most useful but fun.... like Atlanta is fun to play 

[-BRS-]
Members
662 posts
12,447 battles
46 minutes ago, icehaddock said:

Thanks!  That is what I always thought.  Perhaps not most useful but fun.... like Atlanta is fun to play 

The Khab can be useful as well if played more like a destroyer. Granted the way most people play it as a long distance super light cruiser isn't very useful. But I don't play it that way, nor do I play the other destroyers in the line like that. Like I said though, more instruction to play this way is required if desired.

[NASTY]
[NASTY]
Members
111 posts
5,747 battles
16 hours ago, Lightninger said:

The Khab can be useful as well if played more like a destroyer. Granted the way most people play it as a long distance super light cruiser isn't very useful. But I don't play it that way, nor do I play the other destroyers in the line like that. Like I said though, more instruction to play this way is required if desired.

I would like to know more about your  Khaba setup as destroyer rather than gunboat.   Do you mind sharing or do you prefer PM?

Sign in to follow this