Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JediMasterDraco

Let Haida in on the Fun.

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

572
[NGA]
Members
1,832 posts
9,659 battles

With the announcement that Operation Dynamo is coming, DDs finally have something of a purpose in Scenario game modes. While the Axis DDs are left a little high and dry, we do still have a wide range of ships to choose from: The USA gets Farragut, Monaghan, Mahan, and Sims. Britannia will has Icarus, Gallant, Jervis, and the highly anticipated Cossack. The Soviet Union gets the Gnevny, Minsk, and Leningrad. Even the French and Polish get in on the action with their Premiums Aigle and Blyskawica. However, their is one ship that would be very ideal for this Operation, but currently isn't available. I'm of course talking about the Haida. If the reason is a balance one (that smoke could be a bit of a game breaker for the slow-moving convoy), then I'd just like to have some official word. If it's historical, I'm going to start asking questions about why the US and SU are involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,322
[ARGSY]
Members
12,392 posts
7,881 battles
7 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

If the reason is a balance one (that smoke could be a bit of a game breaker for the slow-moving convoy), then I'd just like to have some official word.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised; they probably sat down and played it with the Haida and five-starred it every time.

As for the UK destroyers, the fact that they are offering early release in 0.7.9 suggests we may not see the tech tree until 0.7.10, and you'll bring a UK destroyer into this if you're lucky or if you have the Gallant (or bought the Cossack).

I didn't play this the first time round. I know players were given the Anthony to use, but how was this done? Was she restricted to the operation in the manner of the Halloween and Space ships, or could she be taken into normal gameplay as well?

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
437
[REVY]
Members
1,458 posts
9,357 battles

just a 'historical' point:  Haida was commissioned three years after Dunkirk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
572
[NGA]
Members
1,832 posts
9,659 battles
26 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You know, I wouldn't be surprised; they probably sat down and played it with the Haida and five-starred it every time.

As for the UK destroyers, the fact that they are offering early release in 0.7.9 suggests we may not see the tech tree until 0.7.10, and you'll bring a UK destroyer into this if you're lucky or if you have the Gallant (or bought the Cossack).

I didn't play this the first time round. I know players were given the Anthony to use, but how was this done? Was she restricted to the operation in the manner of the Halloween and Space ships, or could she be taken into normal gameplay as well?

Yeah players were granted the Anthony (Brit) and the Cyclone (French) during the Dunkirk event. They were also allowed to use the Gallant if they bought it. Personally speaking, I found the Anthony to be more useful since it had twice the RoF of the Cyclone and had the Def AA consumable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
572
[NGA]
Members
1,832 posts
9,659 battles
2 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

just a 'historical' point:  Haida was commissioned three years after Dunkirk.

I'm aware. I'm also aware that the US was enjoying neutrality and the Soviet Union was allied with Germany at the time of Operation Dynamo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
437
[REVY]
Members
1,458 posts
9,357 battles
47 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

I'm aware. I'm also aware that the US was enjoying neutrality and the Soviet Union was allied with Germany at the time of Operation Dynamo.

technically...... while Neutral, the US did loan the UK some old flush deck DDs

the Soviets and Germany were not Allied, they simply agreed to split Poland between them, and then not encroach on the others 'new' property line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
348
[SDIWO]
Members
1,186 posts
6,082 battles
23 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

technically...... while Neutral, the US did loan the UK some old flush deck DDs

the Soviets and Germany were not Allied, they simply agreed to split Poland between them, and then not encroach on the others 'new' property line.

Yeah but none of the US ships you can use are flush deckers. And while they weren't allied it still historically doesn't make sense why you can use Soviet ships. But it's not a historical game so it never makes sense to try and defend decisions using that angle.

Completely unrelated to the topic but had to say, just realized you can choose to ignore an individuals signature....so much better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
118 posts
8,671 battles
6 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You know, I wouldn't be surprised; they probably sat down and played it with the Haida and five-starred it every time.

As for the UK destroyers, the fact that they are offering early release in 0.7.9 suggests we may not see the tech tree until 0.7.10, and you'll bring a UK destroyer into this if you're lucky or if you have the Gallant (or bought the Cossack).

I didn't play this the first time round. I know players were given the Anthony to use, but how was this done? Was she restricted to the operation in the manner of the Halloween and Space ships, or could she be taken into normal gameplay as well?

You could only use in anthony and cyclone in operation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
572
[NGA]
Members
1,832 posts
9,659 battles
6 hours ago, bohica_2017 said:

You could only use in anthony and cyclone in operation.

That was the old version. The new one that's part of the British DD arc will be for non-Commonwealth Allied DDs of tier VI and VII.

Edited by JediMasterDraco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
118 posts
8,671 battles
15 hours ago, JediMasterDraco said:

That was the old version. The new one that's part of the British DD arc will be for non-Commonwealth Allied DDs of tier VI and VII.

Just answering question about anthony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×