You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SeaView_

Why do they blame the DD?

37 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,283 posts
22,506 battles
30 minutes ago, epojokke said:

Being a DD these days isn't easy.

You get blamed for not capping early and you get blamed for sucking bricks because you tried to cap and got deleted.

It is normally a bit friendlier in the lower tiers (also less radar).

Agree. Had a T10 match earlier where the enemy had his cruisers moving forward to support their DD and ours hide behind rocks (including a Moskva) in a save distance so they may can hit a BB if they would ever come close. Our 5 DD were dead within minutes after the first contact. Well, was ofc the DD's fault.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
1,978 posts
11,754 battles

My blanket response when blame is being assigned:

Me: So, what are the consequences?

Them: Nothing really

Me:  OK, it's my fault.  Can we move on?

[A-D-F]
Members
885 posts
7,020 battles
3 hours ago, ClassicLib said:

My blanket response when blame is being assigned:

Me: So, what are the consequences?

Them: Nothing really

Me:  OK, it's my fault.  Can we move on?

Seem to recall something about; fix the problem and the need to fix the blame, goes away..

A simple concept that is apparently very hard to grasp.

Too many people conditioned (rewarded) for whinging about things instead of being forced to self examine.

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
8,761 battles

i haven't gotten any complaints yet from playing my DDs, yet. :Smile_amazed:

i live or die....in the beginning, middle or the end of the game...as long as i do what i can to contribute...i don't think most people will care when you are dead...just do what you can. :Smile_honoring:  they complain and point finger at someone else for thier loss...its their own fault...you not driving THEIR ship.   

[TMS]
Members
2,603 posts
26,382 battles
3 minutes ago, Shinnidan said:

i haven't gotten any complaints yet from playing my DDs, yet. :Smile_amazed:

i live or die....in the beginning, middle or the end of the game...as long as i do what i can to contribute...i don't think most people will care when you are dead...just do what you can. :Smile_honoring:  they complain and point finger at someone else for thier loss...its their own fault...you not driving THEIR ship.   

You are less likely to get reported at low and mid tier.

[CAG-1]
Members
1,807 posts

Since the advent of radar, the onus of moving a game forward now lies with the 2 ship classes capable of deleting an armored cruiser.

Destroyers will simply locate the cruisers until it is dealt with, unless circumstances allow for capture without sinking a radar cruiser.

Good WoWs players understand  the meta has changed. It's not our faults. It's wargamings for introducing radar and giving it the range it has. Years past it was the DDs job to dictate and lead captures. Now that's fallen on the shoulders of the CAs and BBs according to whether or not they can kill 3 Des Moines humping islands...

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
8,761 battles
1 minute ago, Final8ty said:

You are less likely to get reported at low and mid tier.

i play T8 to T9 DDs...still havent gotten any direct complaints, yet.  :Smile_honoring:

Members
46 posts
8,970 battles
11 hours ago, Harv72b said:

The Official World of Warships Blame Hierarchy

1. Carrier(s)
  2. Destroyer(s)
  3. Weekend Warrior(s)
  4. Camping battleship(s)
  5. Lack of support
  6. RNG
  7. Broken mechanic(s)
  8. Hacks
  9. Aliens

1,437. Getting outplayed by a superior opponent.

Can a mod sticky this please?

Also, make this the new log in screen and sell as a tshirt.

thanks

[TMS]
Members
2,603 posts
26,382 battles
18 minutes ago, Shinnidan said:

i play T8 to T9 DDs...still havent gotten any direct complaints, yet.  :Smile_honoring:

Tashkent, try playing a DD that is expected to cap and spot.

Russian DDs can get away with things the other DDs cant.

Edited by Final8ty

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
8,761 battles
3 minutes ago, Final8ty said:

Tashkent, try playing a DD that is expected to cap and spot.

Russian DDs can get away with things the other DDs cant.

love my Russki DD lines...need to do my IJN lines more to get them up there...but not grinding them any time soon.  

but if you expect me in any DD to cap an area that will ultimately cost me my ship...and complain about losing a game (because of what my DD or any other DD has done)...thats just still blinded blame...

Front line ships like DDs are at more risk of dying quick and early in the game. need to play smart.  and capping the zone when there are radars or planes...careless players would go in there just to die for nothing...and what will that accomplish?

but regardless...haven't gotten any open complaints yet.   

[TMS]
Members
2,603 posts
26,382 battles
22 minutes ago, Shinnidan said:

love my Russki DD lines...need to do my IJN lines more to get them up there...but not grinding them any time soon.  

but if you expect me in any DD to cap an area that will ultimately cost me my ship...and complain about losing a game (because of what my DD or any other DD has done)...thats just still blinded blame...

Front line ships like DDs are at more risk of dying quick and early in the game. need to play smart.  and capping the zone when there are radars or planes...careless players would go in there just to die for nothing...and what will that accomplish?

but regardless...haven't gotten any open complaints yet.   

You have 2 battles in your tash since it went T9.

Everything that you said that should not be done will be asked of you in non Russian DDs at T9 and T10.

Even late game, when there are 2 or 3 radar ships left on the red team and i'm the last  ship and dd alive with 1000hp, "DD if you don't cap we will lose" its not even a case of just getting on the cap to clutch a win, we need caps and kills, they just can't see there is no hope, bam get reported.

Edited by Final8ty

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
8,761 battles
4 minutes ago, Final8ty said:

You have 2 battles in your tash since it went T9.

Everything that you said that should not be done will be asked of you in non Russian DDs at T9 and T10.

Even late game, when there are 2 or 3 radar ships left on the red team and i'm the last dd alive with 1000hp, "DD if you don't cap we will lose" its not even a case of just getting on the cap to clutch a win, we need caps and kills, they just can't see there is no hope. 

it always situational.  if those 2 or 3 remaining radar ship are deployed evenly to all the caps, and at 1000hp left and time ticking down.  a win is possible...given time...but this game...there is no time, there is not patience. yes, there would be lost of "Hope".  in that situation, honestly, damn....[edited] it.  go after the nearest one kill em or die trying.  But would complain if the the game is lost and pointing finger at someone, help make the game more fun or different?