You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ArnoldSchoenberg

Do you buy flag using Coal?

40 comments in this topic

[F-N-S]
Members
536 posts

I am interested in buying 20 fireproof flags but that cost 3200 coal.

I think that is kind of expensive. 

But if we end up having no ships to buy, buying flags would be Okay then.

It looks like USS Salem is not going to be popular?

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
1,745 posts
17,968 battles

Well, i have enough coal for Musashi, but don't want her.  Des Moines has a playstyle i don't like.  Hoping for she more choices.

Members
746 posts
9,266 battles

I've already saved 150k coal but I don't plan on buying Musashi, neither Salem as well or any other stuff that is in Arsenal (well, except that I bought up some Go Navy crates and the Shark Camo for Wooster)... but I'm waiting for Alaska if she's gonna be on Arsenal...

[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,276 posts
12,299 battles
1 hour ago, Amatsukaze_KaiNi said:

Alaska if she's gonna be on Arsenal

there is a debate if the Alaska is FreeXP or Coal to buy ship, but it is interesting as ending result.

WG had a habit of last minute change 

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
469 posts
5,431 battles

I'm using my coal as needed

With coupons!

I have sooooooo many premium ships that I can wait for later to buy one in the Arsenal.

[FORM]
Members
454 posts
8,353 battles

Saving for the ship i want after that what i use it for who knows. I may just hold onto it. You never know if they will add another ship to the buy with coal. 

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,935 posts
1 hour ago, Scrapyard_ said:

Saving for the ship i want after that what i use it for who knows. I may just hold onto it. You never know if they will add another ship to the buy with coal. 

There are only two ships that interest me all that much in the Arsenal  and you can't buy either one with coal:Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

[CHMC]
Members
367 posts
8,796 battles

Personally I think everything in the arsenal is too expensive.

If you want fireproof flags:
Get a Nelson, Tier IX-X UK BB
Tick off an HE Spammer / Worcester get 3 fires
????
Profit

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
462 posts
4,652 battles

just don't waste your coal on the Aigle, what a piece of junk.

• Cool 1

[TOTO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
138 posts
3,710 battles
1 hour ago, shadowsrmine said:

There are only two ships that interest me all that much in the Arsenal  and you can't buy either one with coal:Smile_sad:

Looks like you can trade in Steel for Coal (10 for 1) if you are short of coal for a ship, but not the other way around. Damnit. :cap_viking:

[ARGSY]
Members
12,494 posts
7,926 battles
2 hours ago, DarkStormy said:

Opinions differ. I bought it because I was unable (due to travel) to finish the Aigle marathon and she was a free (i.e. no money paid to WG) French premium that I could use to train captains. She's got an interesting play style; more like a very lightly armed scout cruiser than a true destroyer (and she's immune to Asashio). I probably wouldn't have paid money for her, but I got the coal just by playing the game, so why not?

I would rather spend my coal on things that stick around (ships, the mod packs), or on collection crates which give me skilled captains and premium ship camos.

Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles
7 hours ago, USSRichardNixon said:

I am interested in buying 20 fireproof flags but that cost 3200 coal.

The coal cost for signals is too high, but given that this is the only way to buy many of those signals I'm not too upset by that.  Then again, if you get all three of your daily containers & go "more resources" on each one, 3200 coal is "only" 2-3 days' worth of play, at worst.

In my own opinion, the special module upgrades are the most intriguing non-ship items in the Arsenal.  17k each is again quite high, but those radar modules in particular are almost a requirement at the high tiers.

[PVE]
Members
9,090 posts
16,140 battles
7 hours ago, _Lord_Scott_ said:

My friend who plays damn near every waking hour needs 39k last I talked to him more coal to buy the Salem.

I only need 47K coal for Salem BUT I have no interest in it LOL. Everything in the Arsenal is just way overpriced (yeah I know our coal was free - doesn't mean I want to waste it) so I have and will pass on it all and just let the coal build until someday something shows up that interests me enough.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
1,900 posts
11,410 battles

I use it to buy special Mod upgrades.  When I no longer need those, I'll hold it until something else comes along.  I'm hoping Alaska will be FXP.  If not, I'll save my coal for that.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,866 posts
21,077 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I only need 47K coal for Salem BUT I have no interest in it LOL. Everything in the Arsenal is just way overpriced (yeah I know our coal was free - doesn't mean I want to waste it) so I have and will pass on it all and just let the coal build until someday something shows up that interests me enough.

Thunder I felt the same way for a while but my mind has been changing mostly due to the service costs associated with Salem. Vader has some great posts on this and that information has swayed me. I only need around 15k more coal before I make my final decision. Honestly do not think I will ever bother to get a tech tree tier 10 as I have no interest in high tier play but want a tier 10 in port to farm the annual rewards of owning one. My choices are using free xp to get the Montana or Gearing (200k for either one) or buy Salem with coal. I have zero interest in playing MT or Gearing but the Salem with signals could make coin in co-op play (or break even) so it is tempting. 

BTW ExploratorOne just posted a great chart of this information in another thread... Using my iPad so will put a link to it when I get to my home computer. Ok found it:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/165331-coal-are-you-using-it-storing-it-ignoring-it/?page=7&tab=comments#comment-3956241

Edited by Taylor3006

[-K-]
Members
6,605 posts
10,961 battles

Only to get Sierra Mike flags for DDs when I get low.  And only when I have a 50% discount coupon available.

[WOLF2]
Members
235 posts
6,140 battles
3 hours ago, DarkStormy said:

You kidding? I just got it the other day, dropped a French captain with IFHE in it and racked up 91k damage in my first game without a single torpedo hit!

That boat is a total beast!

[NASTY]
[NASTY]
Members
121 posts
7,145 battles

I have used Coal to buy Sierra Mike flags and upgrades like radar and smoke

Edited by icehaddock
typo

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
563 posts
12,706 battles

I buy the secondary flags for my Massachusetts there, but other than that don't really purchase anything else.   I always use the coupons when I have them.