Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

Best ships for dieters?

18 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Members
1,628 posts

Need to shed a few extra pounds?  Hate gyms? 

The solution is playing the Duca Abruzzi and Duca d Aosta.  No ships above t3 make you work harder to rack up 40k damage.  If you are lucky enough to hit that target, you will have lost a couple of pounds.  

:cat_cool:

• Funny 3
  • Bad 3

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,787 battles

"Wise men speak when they have something to say; fools because they have to say something." - Plato

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[BROOK]
Members
1,628 posts
40 minutes ago, Scrapyard_ said:

I am a gym rat and any ship that helps me in that regard is fine with me.....:cap_rambo:

You don't need no steenkin' gym if you have the Ducas.

• Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
7,109 posts
4,839 battles
7 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

The solution is playing the Duca Abruzzi and Duca d Aosta. 

This is the worst advice I could possibly imagine. Italy is famous for its food; the ships' cooks will feed you till you burst! :Smile_teethhappy:

[CUTIE]
Members
1,434 posts
6,146 battles
7 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

The solution is playing the Duca Abruzzi and Duca d Aosta.  No ships above t3 make you work harder to rack up 40k damage.  If you are lucky enough to hit that target, you will have lost a couple of pounds.  

:cat_cool:

False.  The solution is to take any tier 10 destroyer into the B cap on Warrior's Path during the first 3 minutes of a battle.  You will burn at least 3,000 calories trying to will your ship to move/turn/shoot faster when you get chain radared & your priority target indicator hits 8+. :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
33 posts
3,138 battles

Use the Abruzzi for DD hunter and CL surprise attacks, you have 9.5km concealment ,hidroacoustic, torps, and AP with Flat arcs, you can citadel most of light cruicers on T7 MM and do good dmg against DDs, too can play at range he spam with spotter plane with isnt enought fun ...

[BROOK]
Members
1,628 posts
2 hours ago, IronMike11C4O said:

I have over an 80k average in Abruzzi i have no idea what this guy is talking about.

We dont believe you.  

<insert Will Farrell gif>

• Bad 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,821 posts
2,692 battles

Wull,  I put a lot of body English on my Colorado salvos.  Seems to work, but it is exhausting.  That's got to be worth some poundage.

As to Italian botes, I prefer pasta.  Pasta is amenable to the application of fresh Parmigiano Reggiano.  Botes not so much.  (Which is why net poundage loss is questionable.)

Members
175 posts
202 battles
2 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

We dont believe you.  

<insert Will Farrell gif>

I'm the #3 Abruzzi player you can look it up if you like. I think she is great I do even more damage and have a better K/D ratio 10.79-1 than I do in Belfast.

[BROOK]
Members
1,628 posts
6 minutes ago, IronMike11C4O said:

I'm the #3 Abruzzi player you can look it up if you like. I think she is great I do even more damage and have a better K/D ratio 10.79-1 than I do in Belfast.

So how do you do it?  I find the sea mines to be mostly ineffective. The guns are even worse with their low range.  The AP is okay around 10Km but the HE is weak at all ranges.  Then there's the fragility of both ships. One good hit and *boom!* they're gone.

I play the Aosta strictly in operations (ie Whale) to train captains for the coming RM tech tree ship.  I can do well there with avg damage in the 50K to 100K range.  When I play the Abruzzi in the other operation, it's a struggle to last long enough to get 40K.

In ranked battles both are a struggle to survive past the 10 minute mark.

BTW, I enjoy the Dallas at T6 and prefer both CLs and CAs over the other categories.  I spend most of my time these days working up the US cruisers line.  I'm still at the Seattle and Baltimore.

Can you give me any tips on playing the Ducas?  There are few YT videos on how to play them.

Members
175 posts
202 battles
Just now, TheGreatBlasto said:

So how do you do it?  I find the sea mines to be mostly ineffective. The guns are even worse with their low range.  The AP is okay around 10Km but the HE is weak at all ranges.  Then there's the fragility of both ships. One good hit and *boom!* they're gone.

I play the Aosta strictly in operations (ie Whale) to train captains for the coming RM tech tree ship.  I can do well there with avg damage in the 50K to 100K range.  When I play the Abruzzi in the other operation, it's a struggle to last long enough to get 40K.

In ranked battles both are a struggle to survive past the 10 minute mark.

BTW, I enjoy the Dallas at T6 and prefer both CLs and CAs over the other categories.  I spend most of my time these days working up the US cruisers line.  I'm still at the Seattle and Baltimore.

Can you give me any tips on playing the Ducas?  There are few YT videos on how to play them.

@TheGreatBlasto I'm at work right now. When I get off I can give you a detailed description of my Captain build etc. Also if you want to friend me in game we can Div up and do Rando's or go in the training room either way I don't mind helping you out.

[BROOK]
Members
1,628 posts
30 minutes ago, IronMike11C4O said:

@TheGreatBlasto I'm at work right now. When I get off I can give you a detailed description of my Captain build etc. Also if you want to friend me in game we can Div up and do Rando's or go in the training room either way I don't mind helping you out.

Thank you!

Sign in to follow this