You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
legoboy0401

Virtually Any Ship Can Be OP...

19 comments in this topic

Members
3,042 posts
1,921 battles

... if the enemy team are too stupid to prioritize firing at you rather than your teammates. Such a circumstance was the only thing that made this...

shot-18_08.18_12_32.34-0510.thumb.jpg.b0139f302a7e31222946c72f1bce1307.jpg

... possible. Normally, I am focused and deleted very early on every battle in my Marblehead, no matter how hard I try not to be. But this enemy team were...  ... special, to say the least.

I was very visible in all of this, there was always an enemy BB that could shoot at me when I was firing at any of the 4 ships I eventually killed. There were a few allies, including an Emile Bertin(they deleted him very early on, dealing to him a fate that rightfully belonged to my Marblehead :cap_wander:) on the side of the map(C cap, domination) that I was on. The miracle, though, is that NO ONE, until vape, in his Orion, thought to fire at me. Even the enemy Kuma that I killed, that came around a corner of an island less than 10 km away from me, never ONCE thought to fire at me in the 20.1 seconds(I counted later) that it took me (after he came around the island) to put him down.

What? Why? IT'S BASICALLY A FREAKING OMAHA! THE ONLY THING LESS ARMORED AT TIER V IS EMERALD, BUT OMAHA ISN'T MUCH HARDER TO KILL. OMAHAS STILL HAVE A HUGE CITADEL! WHY ON EARTH WOULDN'T YOU WANT TO FIRE AT AN OMAHA IN A BB? THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON'T FIRE AT OMAHAS!

Sigh. Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake, sure. But this, THIS is ridiculous. HOW BAD DO YOU HAVE TO BE to NOT WANT TO SHOOT AT AN OMAHA IN A BB WITH AP LOADED?

What would make them do this? Does anybody know? Do you find this phenomenon to make other fragile ships ruthlessly OP?

Discuss.

- Regards, Legoboy0401

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,765 posts
3,103 battles

How about taking this to the next level with Emerald. 

Moments where I should be dead but I am not. I sometimes wonder, "Why didn't they shoot at my Emerald?"

But I digress. I lived. They sank.

Edited by Dictonary

Members
3,042 posts
1,921 battles
1 minute ago, Dictonary said:

Moments where I should be dead but I am not. I sometimes wonder, "Why didn't they shoot at my Emerald?"

The remarkable thing about this battle was, IT HAPPENED NOT ONCE, NOT TWICE, NOT 3 TIMES, BUT 4(!).

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,765 posts
3,103 battles
1 minute ago, legoboy0401 said:

The remarkable thing about this battle was, IT HAPPENED NOT ONCE, NOT TWICE, NOT 3 TIMES, BUT 4(!).

I understand. I had similar circumstances with my Emerald. Where I flank, and the enemy focuses on the BB in the distance. Yeah. Ridiculous but it is inevitable at lower tiers.  

Members
1,205 posts
3,161 battles
5 minutes ago, Dictonary said:

"Why didn't they shoot at my Emerald?"

"I'll delete you in a moment. Let me deal with this guy first since you aren't a threat to me right now" :Smile_teethhappy:

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,765 posts
3,103 battles
3 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

"I'll delete you in a moment. Let me deal with this guy first since you aren't a threat to me right now" :Smile_teethhappy:

I know. I exploit that fact.

Members
3,042 posts
1,921 battles
5 minutes ago, Dictonary said:

I understand. I had similar circumstances with my Emerald. Where I flank, and the enemy focuses on the BB in the distance. Yeah. Ridiculous but it is inevitable at lower tiers.  

I DON'T understand. At least two of my kills were almost certainly women/girls. THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO MULTI-TASK AND THEREFORE FIND THE TIME TO SHOOT AT ME!

Edited by legoboy0401

Members
4,729 posts
8,233 battles
Just now, legoboy0401 said:

I DON'T understand. At least two of my kills were almost certainly women. THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FIND THE TIME TO SHOOT AT ME!

U got a problem now.  :Smile_Default:

[STW-M]
Members
3,200 posts
7,666 battles
6 minutes ago, Dictonary said:

Apparently, if you're playing in a ship with a bad reputation, people tend to play more carelessly.

Take Pensacola, for instance: most enemy cruisers and battleships take one look at you and then turn broadside in order to angle against other battleships. They also sometimes act like they expect Pensacola to spontaneously combust the moment it gets targeted.

Then they start eating 10k AP salvos (or multiple citadel hits) and realize that Pensacola is actually pretty decent at both evading fire and bouncing cruiser AP when bow-on.

And then they die.

5b0912f13eef4_PensacolaAzurLane.thumb.jp

[AAA]
Members
675 posts
8,068 battles

I had similar success with Omaha and Emerald, but I must confess when I see both in battle my first thought is how my cits per salvo can I get?

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,765 posts
3,103 battles
1 minute ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Apparently, if you're playing in a ship with a bad reputation, people tend to play more carelessly.

Take Pensacola, for instance: most enemy cruisers and battleships take one look at you and then turn broadside in order to angle against other battleships. They also sometimes act like they expect Pensacola to spontaneously combust the moment it gets targeted.

Then they start eating 10k AP salvos (or multiple citadel hits) and realize that Pensacola is actually pretty decent at both evading fire and bouncing cruiser AP when bow-on.

And then they die.

I noticed that too in my Emerald. She has a really bad reputation due to her meh guns and large citadel which makes her hard to use as an offensive ship. So I just have to use that bad reputation to my advantage and make the enemy think that I am a harmless sheep.

Members
4,729 posts
8,233 battles
12 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

And then they die.

5b0912f13eef4_PensacolaAzurLane.thumb.jp

Pensacola...bad. Just about the lowest win rate in the game among cruisers.  AND there is a reason. Poor thing. "They" messed her up. Just not competitive in her tier now IMO. Good captain...ok. But she is just not being played.  I never see her anymore.  Hardly.

[STW-M]
Members
3,200 posts
7,666 battles
Just now, dmckay said:

Pensacola...bad. Just about the lowest win rate in the game among cruisers.  AND there is a reason. Poor thing. "They" messed her up. Just not competitive in her tier now IMO. Good captain...ok. But she is just not being played.  I never see her anymore.  Hardly.

And here's the love song I wrote for her:

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
6,113 posts
16,156 battles

For me brilliant battle outcomes are rare but they do happen not because I am in any way brilliant at this game but rather there are those encounters where so many of the opponents and even team mates are so inept that rolling them keel up is a piece of cake.

[-SYN-]
Members
24 posts
2,172 battles
1 hour ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

:Smile_great:. This!  I am currently really enjoying Ashitika.  Sometimes somebody even starts bashing me at the start of a match for bringing her into randoms.  It's ok, I'll farm their tears.

Edited by A_Little_Warped

[REVY]
Members
6,149 posts
5,158 battles
1 hour ago, Dictonary said:

Charging through the center of Two Brothers in Emerald is OP, nerf now!  (apologizes for low framerate, play it at double speed)

Edited by Sventex

Beta Testers
1,249 posts
9,061 battles

I recently ground up some of the US cruisers and had game after game like the OPs in the Omaha. I was stunned at how OPd that thing was. No, its flat out broke. You can just spin around like a lawn sprinkler and set everything on fire with that ridiculous gun layout while they try to hit you which isnt easy because the thing is tiny. It's as OPd at t5 as the old cleveland was at t6... no...worse. Maybe the pre nerf Mogami was as bad tier for tier. Nothing underpowered about the Omaha at all. It's just rarely driven by veterans because it's an old tree so it's a ship almost exclusively driven by noobs. 

Cola is still junk. 

Edited by Scotty_SE
Ffff

[ARGSY]
Members
1,819 posts
11,704 battles
22 minutes ago, Scotty_SE said:

I recently ground up some of the US cruisers and had game after game like the OPs in the Omaha. I was stunned at how OPd that thing was. No, its flat out broke. You can just spin around like a lawn sprinkler and set everything on fire with that ridiculous gun layout while they try to hit you which isnt easy because the thing is tiny. It's as OPd at t5 as the old cleveland was at t6... no...worse. Maybe the pre nerf Mogami was as bad tier for tier. Nothing underpowered about the Omaha at all.

Cola is still junk. 

Uh....Omaha is pretty large....