You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Lord_Scott_

Game Chat

19 comments in this topic

Members
653 posts

I was in a game where the loudmouths took over and spammed the chat so much it obscured the left half of the screen

It was because of this I turned off the chat permanently, that was two years ago.

I was wondering people here have said take screen shots of this and send them to support

I think this is the way to go but the game needs a way to transcribe the entire chat from beginning to end of game. (added to the tool box like replays}

Just the text nothing else.

Send that to Support when the Foul Mouths and Stat shamers and general Trolls start their sh*t

Members
2,107 posts
509 battles

sometimes there;s a reason they stat shame... for the same reason people hide their stats...:Smile_sceptic:
I never listen, I just play...

Members
653 posts
2 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

sometimes there;s a reason they stat shame... for the same reason people hide their stats...:Smile_sceptic:

I play with out the Chat engaged.

But if the entire chat was on record it just might stop the Trolls.(MIGHT)

Members
2,107 posts
509 battles
4 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

People who hide there stats and refuse to get better in the game deserve the criticism they get. 

oI5jBgT.gif

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,321 posts
11,303 battles
1 hour ago, _Lord_Scott_ said:

I was in a game where the loudmouths took over and spammed the chat so much it obscured the left half of the screen

It was because of this I turned off the chat permanently, that was two years ago.

I was wondering people here have said take screen shots of this and send them to support

I think this is the way to go but the game needs a way to transcribe the entire chat from beginning to end of game. (added to the tool box like replays}

Just the text nothing else.

Send that to Support when the Foul Mouths and Stat shamers and general Trolls start their sh*t

When you run into donkeys like that report them in game and ctrl+right click their name and ignore, you won't see squat from them again in that match. If you want take screen shots of their chat and start a ticket if they are particularly obnoxious. 

[OO7]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
68 posts
5,946 battles

What resolution do you run? And just turn off chat.

It will always be there, and will not go away, no matter what.

[AAA]
Members
502 posts
8,211 battles
1 hour ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

People who hide there stats and refuse to get better in the game deserve the criticism they get. 

But why? I don't understand why we should expect some casual player who has other priorities in life to 'git gud' at this game? Yeah I do understand that it's a team game and one should try and contribute. But not everyone is blessed or have the time to 'invest' in this game. They want to play casually, so let them and if someone has a problem they are better off turning off chats and locking up their stats. Now they can do what they want and the player enjoys their  leisure. 

Edited by sansfaille
  • Cool 2

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
7,778 battles
1 hour ago, neptunes_wrath said:

Well said, play the game to the best of your ability. Quit yacking and whining.

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
7,778 battles
9 minutes ago, sansfaille said:

But why? I don't understand why we should expect some casual player who has other priorities in life to 'git gud' at this game? Yeah I do understand that it's a team game and one should try and contribute. But not everyone is blessed or have the time to 'invest' in this game. They want to play casually, so let them and if someone has a problem they are better off turning off chats and locking up their stats. Now they can do what they want and the player enjoys their  leisure. 

Exactly right. Ive been playing for three years or so with 5000 plus games. Love the game and joy it brings me because I love war ships. Below average player on wins but its that one night that it all comes together for me and I kick butt. That's why I keep coming back. It's a game, games are supposed to be fun. This isn't a life or death struggle ok.

• Cool 2

[CK5]
Members
1,045 posts
9,305 battles
1 hour ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

If a player hides his stats, how do you know he refuses to get better at the game?  You have nothing to go on, just your own prejudices against players who prefer private stats.  For the record, my stats are public, but I don't judge anyone for keeping private stats.  

• Cool 3

Members
855 posts
3,736 battles
24 minutes ago, sansfaille said:

Even a casual player should expect and attempt to get better, no one should be OK with losing. The problem I have with a lot of people like this is you can't help them. You will tell them not to go to the cap that is 100 percent fail and they will make some smurky comment about it, do it anyways and then get deleted......

At that point you get upset and the next thing you know they want to report you because they are to bullheaded to listen to advice and can't handle criticism. 

• Cool 1

Members
653 posts
2 hours ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

Even a casual player should expect and attempt to get better, no one should be OK with losing. The problem I have with a lot of people like this is you can't help them. You will tell them not to go to the cap that is 100 percent fail and they will make some smurky comment about it, do it anyways and then get deleted......

At that point you get upset and the next thing you know they want to report you because they are to bullheaded to listen to advice and can't handle criticism. 

So whats wrong with transcribing the Chat? Do you give advice or just sandblast their azz? Advice given is always helpful, if given with compassion and understanding.

My suggestion is for the betterment of the Game both in the reserving the advice and reporting the Trolls.

If your advice is good  you have nothing to lose. If your just venting at a poor player then it can bite your azz.

I was raised by the Golden Rule.

If you know what it is you will understand.

• Cool 1

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
177 posts
3,365 battles
3 hours ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

Well see, here I've a different look at what you said.   You tell them not to go to cap and it's likely they don't appreciate being told.   Unless they aren't running a vanilla client and can see that you may be a more experienced and/or better player (I'm supposing, I've not looked at your stats or anything), they likely don't recognize you from any other anonymous player and therefore what you tell them to do is just some player being bossy.    I don't know about you, but I don't come to play this game and have someone tell me what to do.  I come to play, have fun shooting ships and maybe have some bit of success.

If you want to do like you said and help, then suggest a plan or a move; don't tell them what to do.   Maybe ask them for help so they feel valued, rather than scolded and cussed at and treated like trash.  

As far as being OK with losing,  that may hold true for this game.  But I did have a game recently where I sank 3 enemy ships in a losing effort and didn't feel bad about it necessarily as those ships were just what I needed to get my next Eagle container.  Sometimes in a loss there are consolations to be had.  If I had a good effort, or my team fought hard but lost, or the enemy pulled out a smart win when it looked like they were going to lose, those times can be fun for me.

As an aside, outside of this game, I can at times be fine with losing.   If I play games with my kids and they beat me and take some joy out of it, I'm actually pleased to see them happy and can take a loss and be fine with it.

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
2,806 posts
8,316 battles
4 hours ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

By what authority do claim to justify who deserves does or doesn't criticism?

• Cool 2

[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
630 posts
5,690 battles

I kinda have the same stance on it as Slumlord does. As you play more you should get better because you will gain experience although it seems like sometimes its not the case and people just stay average or even worse bad. I don't like losing, maybe its from sports and I didn't like to lose, but I will do everything I can to win, whether that is giving advice to a player to make them better, or chewing them out when they throw a game.

[TDRB]
Members
2,806 posts
8,316 battles

but I will do everything I can to win, whether that is giving advice to a player to make them better, or chewing them out when they throw a game.

Offering advice is hit or miss. Part of it depends on how the advice is given and part of it depends on the player the advice is being given to. Since many people ignore the in game chat there is a good chance they may not see any in game advice.

What good does it do to "chew someone out" in this game? Do you think they care about your angry rant?

I don't like losing,

That is fine but are you one of those who looks to blame others for every loss? Is this game so important to you that a loss will turn you into the north end of a south bound [edited]? These are questions, not accusations.

As you play more you should get better because you will gain experience

That is true.

although it seems like sometimes its not the case and people just stay average or even worse bad

People can only advance as far as their skill level will allow them to go. Also some do not take playing this game as seriously as others. You have all types of people playing. This angers many as we see in this forum but you have to deal with it.

[TMS]
Members
2,439 posts
25,082 battles

The only time i bring up stats is when they start flapping their mouth.

Had a battle tonight where both of the hidden stats guy on each team played really badly, not a word was said to them.

And another battle on 2 brothers where a Tirpitz  yoloed right from the start of battle into the B cap and died first and fast.

I looked at MMM and though rrright, i click on his name to bring up his overall stats, 30 something battles.

Its annoying when you get players who yolo and it's even more annoying when they do this, but again not a word was said, most of the time stats shaming starts because of the bad players opening their mouths.

f75Yi6.png

Edited by Final8ty