You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_ENO_

Ship / Special upgrade pairings that you can't live without.

10 comments in this topic

[0456]
Members
2,958 posts
8,407 battles

Eh guys- wondering if anyone has any detailed files on what ship / special upgrades really make the ship pop? 

As an example, I find the extended spotter plane and hindie with the reload module is really good. 

What are some other ones that make a lot of sense? 

Thanks. 

[0456]
Members
2,958 posts
8,407 battles

Okay not a lot coming out- thought it was more pronounced. I heard Perth might benefit from smoke and there are a few obvious ones with speed boost (DDs) and radar... (US cruisers.) 

any others that might surprise?

Edited by _ENO_

[KSC]
Supertester
66 posts
8,986 battles

Hydro special mod on z46 and z52. It makes those two dds a perfect cap contester and screening ship. The over 2 minute hydro is incredibly useful. 

• Cool 2

[NUWES]
Members
2,297 posts
7,290 battles

The extended radar upgrade on DM and Worcester. I can take it or leave it on other ships, but it really sings on those two. I'd add radar Mino to this but I think she actually sings better with smoke, although radar is perfectly acceptable. 

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,424 posts
14,743 battles

Speed boost duration mod is pretty good for any ships that have it, particularly the French cruisers and battleships, because the bonus is a percentage of an already large number.

Radar and hydro mod are always good, because the other upgrades that go in those slots are generally bad.

In terms of Legendary Upgrades (which is what I originally thought this thread was about), Zao is pretty awesome, and people I know swear by the Yamato and Republique ones.

• Cool 1

[0456]
Members
2,958 posts
8,407 battles
17 hours ago, Edgecase said:

Speed boost duration mod is pretty good for any ships that have it, particularly the French cruisers and battleships, because the bonus is a percentage of an already large number.

Yeah I think I'll need to pick one up at least for Republique... maybe Gascogne as well. I've got some coal burning a hole in my pocket so this would be a good place to spend it. 

[S0L0]
Members
1,168 posts
6,101 battles

Haida with smoke and hydro mods goes from "Gudbote" to "OMG Wargaming, what hath you wrought!!!"

Speed boost on Akizuki helps with the barge like handling and speed.

I like a hydro mod on Belfast, I don't think enough people use the hydro on that boat to it's true advantages.

Matt

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

I have Spotting Plane Mod on Perth (along with Smoke Mod) for maximum self-spotting from creeping smoke and a buff to its very short range.  Also Spotting Plane on Molotov, since it helps overcome the artificially constrained range and general fragility of the ship that helps justify Donskoi guns at tier 6.  You could also make the case for it on the Italian cruisers, though I just go with the stock spotter on Duca d'Aosta. 

[BUOY]
Members
359 posts
9,713 battles

Any ship that can slot the speed boost mod is far better with it. Going from 2-3 or 3-4:30 minutes of zoom zoom is huge.

Spotter Plane mod on the Yamato and Musashi enhance their sniping abilities to a large extent.

Damage Control Party mod on USN BB's frustrates HE spammers to no end.

[WOLFC]
Members
452 posts
19,114 battles
23 hours ago, Braak said:

Hydro special mod on z46 and z52. It makes those two dds a perfect cap contester and screening ship.

Same goes for Lo Yang.