You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Reeves

The Evolution of Islands of ice

Best verion of Islands of ice  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is better?

• New one
    • Current one
    • Older
    • Oldest

17 comments in this topic

[KSC]
[KSC]
Members
212 posts
8,174 battles

New one:

new.thumb.jpg.eaf405499232be820521c36c7de360da.jpg

current one (Obviously):

old.thumb.jpg.4ed1953f52ade38d42f310ad70d7acac.jpg

older version:

Older.jpg.cf6cc9b48a9124446292e0f0a322aff8.jpg

and the Oldest one:

Oldest.jpg.8ddb0c0f2c8de031c642405b314a7536.jpg

witch one is the best in your Opinion?

Edited by Admiral_Reeves

[NDA]
Supertester
4,913 posts
14,310 battles

Islands of Ice isn't the worst map in the game that distinction belongs to Mountain Range.

I hope this change to Islands of Ice will fix my two problems with this map; Teams mates camping the A cap and No Cover for Light Cruisers to work with. 

Still look forward to a rework or the out right removal of Mountain Range. 

• Cool 1

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,353 posts
3,972 battles
18 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

Back in CBT...

Those were the days. I miss playing with everyone, unicums and potatoes alike, when it went to CBT from alpha and everyone had to start from scratch. 

back when the IJN had the only battleship line in the game

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,922 battles
5 minutes ago, Sledgehammer427 said:

Those were the days. I miss playing with everyone, unicums and potatoes alike, when it went to CBT from alpha and everyone had to start from scratch. 

back when the IJN had the only battleship line in the game

For me, the main difference from CBT to Full Release is that back in CBT, no one reversed or stopped (then again I only got up to Aoba). Once the game was Full Released, I thought I saw tanks.

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,353 posts
3,972 battles
3 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

For me, the main difference from CBT to Full Release is that back in CBT, no one reversed or stopped (then again I only got up to Aoba). Once the game was Full Released, I thought I saw tanks.

ah, that too. I remember when bowtanking and cosplaying a claymore was this dumb, new tactic that all the Iowa boys were using with some success. 

Then I tried Montana, and I remember the first time I baited a shot into my belt armor and bounced it. Never bowtanked after that, just worked on my aggression and angling game harder. 

Members
4,918 posts
5,708 battles

Aside from the way the spawns worked, the oldest version of Islands of Ice was the best.

I wish WG would just reintroduce the old versions of Islands of Ice as "new" maps.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,922 battles
1 minute ago, Sledgehammer427 said:

ah, that too. I remember when bowtanking and cosplaying a claymore was this dumb, new tactic that all the Iowa boys were using with some success. 

Then I tried Montana, and I remember the first time I baited a shot into my belt armor and bounced it. Never bowtanked after that, just worked on my aggression and angling game harder. 

I can play as aggressive as I want in Richelieu whether I am in a Tier VIII battle or a Tier X battle but for some reason, the moment I play Iowa everyone just stops playing and goes passive. It's annoying.

• Cool 1

[TBOW]
Members
1,331 posts
10,955 battles

I remember the 2nd iteration, I liked that one.  Only saw it a couple times before it got replaced wit the current one.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,922 battles

Forgot to mention that when I first started CVs and I didn't know what I was doing I would send my Fighters with waypoints and basically zig-zag the entire map to find the enemy.  This map was one of them.

[-BRS-]
Beta Testers
124 posts
7,115 battles

I had totally forgotten about the original version so thanks for posting it.  Based on the current state of the game, I would love to see it come back.