You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
VVoony

Hard work being wasted..

19 comments in this topic

[CAPGO]
Members
684 posts
4,785 battles

I and my wife tried SO HARD to play enough games EVERYDAY until we get maximum token allowed for the day since the start of the Go Navy event to the end. Every day for weeks. You know it's not easy for married couple to accomplish such dedication to the game for everyday. AND WE DID.. for what? We waited til today to buy the crates to round up our token to 125 to buy second perma camo and now the opportunity is shut because they removed the containers from the sales. 

The event was extended to 21st of August and the exchange for unused tokens are said to be pushed out on the next patch, why pull containers from sales now?

People who worked SO HARD to keep up with the event and get something out of the event were frowned and casual players who did not even try to get anything out of the event can just giggle at us saying face it..

I can face it, I am an adult and part of it is my mistake for not being cautious enough.. but little bit of me inside wants to cry. 

• Cool 2

[WOLF2]
Members
3,439 posts
15,073 battles
1 hour ago, 0806sung said:

I and my wife tried SO HARD to play enough games EVERYDAY until we get maximum token allowed for the day since the start of the Go Navy event to the end. Every day for weeks. You know it's not easy for married couple to accomplish such dedication to the game for everyday. AND WE DID.. for what? We waited til today to buy the crates to round up our token to 125 to buy second perma camo and now the opportunity is shut because they removed the containers from the sales. 

The event was extended to 21st of August and the exchange for unused tokens are said to be pushed out on the next patch, why pull containers from sales now?

People who worked SO HARD to keep up with the event and get something out of the event were frowned and casual players who did not even try to get anything out of the event can just giggle at us saying face it..

I can face it, I am an adult and part of it is my mistake for not being cautious enough.. but little bit of me inside wants to cry. 

I feel your pain, 

But reconsider what was your plan/timetable before they announced the 1 day extension? Please don't interpret this as "woulda coulda" or "toldya so" because I didn't and am not saying that.

The good news is that you have a ton of tokens now, probably even more than you anticipated before the extension and instead of spending money, you can still buy the camo you need most and get coal/econ flags with the rest + oil

When I change my expectations and realize what I do have, for some reason that makes me happier

Edited by Commander_367

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
728 posts
1,897 battles

It actually wasn't a 1 day extension...they just corrected the ingame ending date for the competition to match their forum announcement of "the day before the patch goes live", so it should always have read Aug 21st instead of Aug 20th.  However, the announcement never said when they were pulling the crates out of the shop, especially since that happened a full 24 hours before the official end of the competition part of the event and people may not have tallied all their tokens yet.

[OO7]
Members
5,073 posts
11,838 battles

Hey, you obviously were supposed to know that WG was going to pull them from sale separately from the end date of the event despite them not noting that anywhere in their advertising and marketing. Right???

Because I certainly DID NOT realize that either.

• Cool 1

[BS]
Members
1,584 posts
8,296 battles

Wow, I bet they lost crate sales because of this... Why wouldn't they wait till the day after the event ends to pull the crates?

[WOLF1]
Members
2,651 posts

i know right, lots of WG decisions are plain stupidity, put them on sale and everyone will be happy including WG employees that contributes to their year end bonus, why not? lol

[OO7]
Members
5,073 posts
11,838 battles
12 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

i know right, lots of WG decisions are plain stupidity, put them on sale and everyone will be happy including WG employees that contributes to their year end bonus, why not? lol

Because they are likely scared that someone will buy crates at the last minute and not open them until after the tokens are converted to credits. I mean, they could have just kept that arsenal section open LONGER THAN A SINGLE DAY AFTER YOU EARN YOUR LAST LOYALTY, but that just makes too much sense for WG, I guess?

[OO7]
Members
5,073 posts
11,838 battles
2 minutes ago, cavscout1739 said:

I was expecting a grace period to spend tokens after the event ended - heh.

Ah well..

yep, 24 hours!!!! Congratulations!!! /s

Edited by Ducky_shot

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles
2 minutes ago, cavscout1739 said:

I was expecting a grace period to spend tokens after the event ended - heh.

Ah well..

that makes 2 of us. I had my suspicions though so I bought the perma camo I wanted ahead of time, just missed out on the remaining tokens i suppose.

[FFG33]
Members
407 posts
13,152 battles

Yeah .. I got caught by this as well I was going to buy the crates to get the needed point for perm camo.

Since I have hundreds of camo I am not likely to buy a permanent camo with doubloons until i work down to zero.

Lost $$ for WG 

[OGF]
Members
661 posts
24,469 battles

So, WG is going to automatically convert unused tokens to credits tonight, right?  Anyone know the exchange rate?

[D_INC]
[D_INC]
Members
107 posts
14,813 battles
Just now, Wingslinger said:

So, WG is going to automatically convert unused tokens to credits tonight, right?  Anyone know the exchange rate?

50,000 per token.

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,537 posts
15,711 battles

Never waste money on gaming tomorrow when you can waste it today. ~Abraham Lincoln~

[TBB]
Members
5 posts
5,109 battles

me too OP.... me too.....

as a kicker in my [edited] story, I picked up the camo i will not likely ever use (Wooster). Didn't get the one i was more likely to use (DM) because I had planned on picking up the containers today, once I was sure I had the tokens, because I had gotten started a day or two late in the beginning.

Edited by Bloodsbane

[LEGIT]
Members
1,817 posts
25,897 battles
On 8/20/2018 at 1:52 PM, Ducky_shot said:

Because they are likely scared that someone will buy crates at the last minute and not open them until after the tokens are converted to credits. I mean, they could have just kept that arsenal section open LONGER THAN A SINGLE DAY AFTER YOU EARN YOUR LAST LOYALTY, but that just makes too much sense for WG, I guess?

Yea.  I think to POW stuff was available longer than the event.