Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
landedkiller

Too many events time for a break

24 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,747 posts
3,864 battles

Hi all is it just me or are too many events going on at once. I wish Wargaming would cut back on the amount of events. https://m.facebook.com/notes/world-of-warships-development-blog/st-royal-navy-competition-port-london-and-arsenal/2166706573655678/

Time limited events are just not my thing. I don’t know about you, but I got a lot going on in October and will have no time for this.discuss

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
3,447 posts
15,086 battles
1 minute ago, landedkiller said:

Hi all is it just me or are too many events going on at once. I wish Wargaming would cut back on the amount of events. https://m.facebook.com/notes/world-of-warships-development-blog/st-royal-navy-competition-port-london-and-arsenal/2166706573655678/

Time limited events are just not my thing. I don’t know about you, but I got a lot going on in October and will have no time for this.discuss

You can sleep when you're DEAD - get back to work!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
23,344 posts
3,895 battles
3 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

This is a game. Not a job.

3 minutes ago, nina_blain_73 said:

if they didnt have events people would complain about nothing going on that the game is dying etc etc

There's a balance between too many events ("There is no way I can keep up with this pace, I've lost interest in the game") and not enough events ("There isn't enough to do, I've lost interest in the game")

The current cycle feels like an overreaction to "Not enough to do" complaints a while back.

What baffles me is WG has been doing online games and events for a decade, how can they still be this bad at appropriate timing of content?

[ARGSY]
Members
12,494 posts
7,926 battles

I have read and I like. 

The one thing that confuses me is that I thought British DDs were coming in 0.7.9; if this event starts in that patch and offers early access, this would suggest they are pushed back to 0.7.10, but maybe there's something I'm missing. We will know by the middle of 0.7.9, I guess, but if they offer fully upgraded and researched ships like they did for the French battleships, that will be good. (Not that I wouldn't grind this line up from the start.)

[-K-]
Members
6,605 posts
10,961 battles
1 minute ago, Torpin said:

I love all the events!!!  Keep them coming!!!

Sure, just no more T10 events for now.  Mix it up a bit.

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
23,344 posts
3,895 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I have read and I like. 

The one thing that confuses me is that I thought British DDs were coming in 0.7.9; if this event starts in that patch and offers early access, this would suggest they are pushed back to 0.7.10, but maybe there's something I'm missing. We will know by the middle of 0.7.9, I guess, but if they offer fully upgraded and researched ships like they did for the French battleships, that will be good. (Not that I wouldn't grind this line up from the start.)

It's also possible that 0.7.9 was pushed back.

[NDA]
Supertester
5,232 posts
15,642 battles

BvSscdK.jpg

I would rather take part in events like the Pirate Fleet or the GoNavy than play any more Rank or try to get 7 people to play TeamBattles I Mean Clan Battles. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[HINON]
Members
2,992 posts
21,643 battles

what you mean? there is no such thing as too many events.

Members
653 posts

In my opinion the Events are the breaks needed from the Daily Grind.

It is the CB's and Ranked battles that have the meaningless mindless GRIND's.

The general masses (not everyone or a specific % of them) don't participate because of the "Lame" sea saw effect WG is so fond of.

Time limitations and Crew sizes are what is killing the enthusiasm and desire to play.

Open the times of the CB's. 24/7 14 days. add mercenaries or joint clan efforts.

Stop the loss of advancement  at all lvls ( lose a battle lose the star but not the lvl)

Remove public access of game stats.

and as my Standard response Add more Radar Ships

that is all

carry on

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,187 posts
22,270 battles

Tbh the events is the thing that keep me login and play a few matches.

We will get a few weeks of 3rd year WoWs anniversary ahead and then the RN arc. Think the last thing will be a success since it's one of the fav navys in this game.

Also: being a CBT player and seen all the events we had: the WoWs team is getting better on it. Anyone remember the first ARP event? Or the Kamikaze one with only a limited number of ships planed to be handed out?

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
15 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Sure, just no more T10 events for now.  Mix it up a bit.

I've kinda been stuck in a bit of a vortex in that regard. I want to be playing more T7 and 8 for higher levels of experience without having to actually be running T10 because I am just not there yet "skill wise" to be consistently living in T10 ships and enjoy it.

Obviously I have a higher degree of wanting to not suck while I play than many, but I dont feel like I should be playing T10 as much as I'm being asked to by WG. 

This is kinda hurting the game for skilled players IMO. Playing T8 and 9 are nearly oppressive for "learning", and let's be real, there is a massive gap in how the game is played at T7 and at T10/Competitive, but it's hard to manage that skill gap without the steps between. This is where I feel WG needs to do a better job.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
23,344 posts
3,895 battles
5 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Also: being a CBT player and seen all the events we had: the WoWs team is getting better on it. Anyone remember the first ARP event? Or the Kamikaze one with only a limited number of ships planed to be handed out?

The events themselves are overall improving. My main issue is the timing. Most games have a break between events to let players recharge, and never have them running concurrently unless they are directly connected. This just exhausts players.

[TBW]
Members
7,895 posts
14,415 battles

I quit trying to do everything offered and now just do what I really want to do. I complete most events without even trying anyway.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[H_]
Members
2,292 posts
59 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

Without events, we'd play rarely....  We don't do clan anything and field a division only in random or scenario.

Events are what keeps me playing more than 1 hour a night.  Gives me "something to do" because there's little else???  I have 19 pt cpt's and T-10 ships........what else is there?

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,124 posts
32 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Tbh the events is the thing that keep me login and play a few matches.

We will get a few weeks of 3rd year WoWs anniversary ahead and then the RN arc. Think the last thing will be a success since it's one of the fav navys in this game.

Clearly you don't remember the 2nd Kamikaze-R event called Project X, which was a complete failure and gave out so few ships that they wouldn't even post the number....:Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF2]
Members
3,447 posts
15,086 battles
59 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

You need to work on your sense of humor

Dangit … I said "work" :)

Edited by Commander_367

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
23,344 posts
3,895 battles
Just now, Commander_367 said:

You need to work on you sense of homour

I've just seen too many people over the decades seriously treat gaming like a job to consider that a joke anymore.

[WOLF2]
Members
3,447 posts
15,086 battles
59 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

You need to work on your sense of humor

edit lag?

Edited by Commander_367

[SIM]
Members
3,783 posts
6,276 battles

I’m quite in favor of consecutive events, but I hope that they’ll avoid running concurrent ones.

Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles

From WarGaming's point of view, timed events keep server populations up as people log on specifically to keep pace toward completion.  The fact that you're posting this thread proves their point--if you didn't feel at least some need to complete the missions then you wouldn't be upset by the constant addition of new ones.  In that light, of course they're going to keep adding new ones so long as the benefits (to them) outweigh the costs.

[WOLF2]
Members
3,447 posts
15,086 battles
On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:27 AM, Commander_367 said:

This is obviously meant as a joke … 

WG has us running around like trained rats

If you don't like the cheese, get out of the maze :)

Sign in to follow this