You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Mission Completed Monday - Defeating the Pirate Threat

27 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,354 posts
7,679 battles

Related image

*pictured - Sailors and Marines onboard USS San Diego (LPD-22) entering San Francisco Bay on 10/3/2016*

How did you fare this past weekend with your battle against the dreaded Pirate Fleet?

The pirate scourge was first sighted last Friday and the battle raged on for 3 days.

In the end, the Pirate Fleet suffered heavy losses and retreated back into the darkness and mist of the sea.

After heavy fighting and vicious sea battles with the Pirate Fleet, did you accomplish your objective of sinking the scourge of the sea?

"Leadership consists of picking good men and helping them do their best." - Chester Nimitz, US Navy

#missioncompletedmondays

#anchorsaweigh

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,285 battles

I sunk one enemy pirate on accident because the Cruiser I was aiming for used his Defensive AA so I went to the next target which was a BB and was also the Pirate.

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
5,061 posts
11,827 battles

@Gneisenau013Did you guys figure out who gets the rewards yet? Is it indeed who gets the killing blow like in past corgi events? Or like radar posted yesterday it is indeed damage based? 

Edited by Ducky_shot

Members
335 posts
3,661 battles
18 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

In the end, the Pirate Fleet suffered heavy losses and retreated back into the darkness and mist of the sea.

Indeed they did! All of them died in the battles I played save one!

• Cool 1

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,354 posts
7,679 battles
17 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

@Gneisenau013Did you guys figure out who gets the rewards yet? Is it indeed who gets the killing blow like in past corgi events? Or like radar posted yesterday it is indeed damage based? 

It's based on who got credit for sinking the Pirate.

420_ribbon_frag.png

The rewards will go out sometime after 8/28/18.

#anchorsaweigh

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,484 posts
15,427 battles

The only time I could play was during clan battles, a fly no pirates there. 

[5IN]
Members
102 posts
18,156 battles

I got lucky and sunk 5 pirates. Almost got Capt_No_Beard but he got away. 

Edited by TAM_OH
  • Cool 1

[JKSDF]
[JKSDF]
Members
1,603 posts
2,491 battles

I was able to ram one of those Sea Thieves with a French BB!

• Cool 2

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,873 posts
5,427 battles

*Tucks his Pirate Flag away and puts on his regular uniform*

Nope didn't sink a single one of them.  Always slipping away from me.  And I don't know why everyone was out to get them, they were just sailing along minding their own business, they didn't do nothing wrong I tell's ya.  Lies and slander from that bar in Tortuga.  I mean honestly, why would I steal... err..  I mean..  SOMEONE steal the Governor's Golden walking stick. 

*Whistles innocently as he side steps towards his ship, hiding something glinting gold behind his back*

• Cool 1

Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles

I only sunk one pirate, but I sunk him with torpedoes.  From my Scharnhorst.  Into his Kamikaze. :Smile_teethhappy:

Only issue I had was trying to find any during the tier 6 wave.  On day one, when pirates could play any tier they wanted, I averaged around two pirates per battle.  During the tier 4 wave I don't think I ever saw less than two pirates in a battle (record was 5).  But in 11 battles played during the tier 6 wave, I saw a total of 4 pirates. :Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

Supertester
550 posts
5,813 battles
3 hours ago, Submarine_Albacore said:

I was able to ram one of those Sea Thieves with a French BB!

I think that might have been me you rammed. Was my team losing by 4-5 ships at the time and was it another BB that you rammed? :)

[JKSDF]
[JKSDF]
Members
1,603 posts
2,491 battles
8 minutes ago, DonKarnage2 said:

I think that might have been me you rammed. Was my team losing by 4-5 ships at the time and was it another BB that you rammed? :)

Yep! In Tier III right?

Supertester
550 posts
5,813 battles
2 hours ago, Submarine_Albacore said:

Yep! In Tier III right?

Depends, did you ram a Konig Albert? K. Albert was the only T3 BB I played. Otherwise, I played Katori, Derzki, St. Louis, Campbelltown, and G-101.

[JKSDF]
[JKSDF]
Members
1,603 posts
2,491 battles
2 minutes ago, DonKarnage2 said:

Depends, did you ram a Konig Albert? K. Albert was the only T3 BB I played. Otherwise, I played Katori, Derzki, St. Louis, Campbelltown, and G-101.

Yep!

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,767 posts
3,179 battles

I think I sank 4 pirates in total. And I saw.... More than 20 pirates in total both on my team and the enemy's. But irregardless, I call this a victory for the Royal Navy.

But I admit, a pirate has sunk me twice, one avenged his pirate friend that I sunk in that game. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Dictonary

[INTEL]
Members
1,883 posts
11,375 battles
9 minutes ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Saw a ton, and sunk one! 

GOE0F5C.jpg

Still not sure who it was....

Pirate_Crew_63=pikohan

• Cool 1

Members
2,205 posts
6,026 battles

Saw some pirates, shot at and damaged a few setting them up for my teammates to polish them off.  Sadly, I was never there for the kill but then I'm a team player anyway and give all my respect for those stalwart hero's that preserved us from the pirate menace. :Smile_honoring: