You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
zubalkabir

Helena is pretty good so far

11 comments in this topic

[DOG]
Members
462 posts
5,987 battles

Helena is one of my new favorites.  I know the stats below are not great from an elite player standpoint, but they're pretty good for me.  And I actually prefer to stay mobile instead of hiding behind islands, which is probably why I have a high mortality rate.  I'd probably do better if I was an island hugger.  But before I go down, I seem to create quite a bit of mayhem anyway.  Maybe it benefits from being tier 7, since tiers 8 and 9 are doomed to perpetual tier 10 matches?

Helena.thumb.JPG.7cd067d9dacd91c7c31cf1f98f64c789.JPG

Members
218 posts
2,086 battles

Right now I'm grinding to her. I'm on Dallas currently. I've heard good things about her but I haven't seen many Helenas either in battle for some reason 

[-K-]
Members
1,103 posts
7,614 battles

I love me some Helena.  My favorite light cruiser at the moment.  Cleveland is better in quite a few ways, but gets tier VIII MM.  Helena also has 3 more guns :)  

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
615 posts
7,709 battles

I've recently started playing Helena, and feel the same way.  Not much of an island hugger, prefer to move around, draw fire, go dark then pop up again.  It's a great amount of fun

[-K-]
Members
5,465 posts
9,410 battles

IFHE really unlocks the true potential of Helena.  If you don't have it yet, you're missing out.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,312 posts
25,992 battles
17 minutes ago, 457th_FighterGroup said:

Right now I'm grinding to her. I'm on Dallas currently. I've heard good things about her but I haven't seen many Helenas either in battle for some reason 

I would wager that alot of people started the new CL line at the 'new' tier 8 Cleveland since they had the original tier 6 Cleveland.  And that most of these people don't feel like grinding the new Dallas and Helena since they had no need to.

[A-I-M]
Members
1,223 posts
6,582 battles
8 minutes ago, Patton5150 said:

I would wager that alot of people started the new CL line at the 'new' tier 8 Cleveland since they had the original tier 6 Cleveland.  And that most of these people don't feel like grinding the new Dallas and Helena since they had no need to.

Pretty much this, at least for me

I *want* the Helena, but it's feels like "backtracking" to get it...I've got other grinds that have higher priority, and as far  as using Free XP: all of my Free XP is being deposited into The People's Bank of Kronshtadt and the First Bank of Alaska.

[YOHB]
Members
61 posts
1,878 battles

Enjoying it as well

16 games 84K average damage, I also prefer mobility to island hugging, and yes it really shines with IFHE, and with 15 guns fire starting is still pretty good.

[WOLF5]
Members
324 posts
5,947 battles
2 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Pretty much this, at least for me

I *want* the Helena, but it's feels like "backtracking" to get it...I've got other grinds that have higher priority, and as far  as using Free XP: all of my Free XP is being deposited into The People's Bank of Kronshtadt and the First Bank of Alaska.

I was in this same situation too.  What I did, was to basically run lots of operations with Dallas and finally, Helena so that it is fully upgraded.  It was a pain in the neck to "back track" because I had progressed to T10, the Des Moines already.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,312 posts
25,992 battles

Even though I had the new tier 8 Cleveland, I still bought the Dallas.  I managed to elite her yesterday so I  then bought the Helena.  I enjoyed the Dallas and enjoyed the one game I played in the Helena so far.

[DOG]
Members
462 posts
5,987 battles
58 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

IFHE really unlocks the true potential of Helena.  If you don't have it yet, you're missing out.

Yeah, that's what I've heard.  Unfortunately, I've got a bad habit of grinding a lot of different lines at once, so I don't yet have any captains with IFHE.  I've got 16 point captains in Z52 ad Fletcher, and 13 point captains in Gearing and Yugumo.  But my cruisers are all 10-12 point captains, and concealment expert comes first.